My fUT with dr Farjo

strikey5

Heal well and happy growing! Just a piece of advice....don't keep on looking in the mirror..let nature do its work. This is now the most difficult part of an HT...and as I was told once..remember the three important numbers...6, 12 and 18 all of them relating to months after transplant and each one will reflect each stage of transformation.

Thank you for your replys and thanks for the advice I know I have some horrible stages to go through yet but I'm in it for the long haul. I can't wait tho I hope it all turns out ok. And advice on scar reduction and itching?

Congratulations! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you for your replys and thanks for the advice I know I have some horrible stages to go through yet but I'm in it for the long haul. I can't wait tho I hope it all turns out ok. And advice on scar reduction and itching?

Really avoid flexing your neck for the first 4 months. Imagine you are balancing an egg on your head whenever picking things up.

BTW, please ask Mick McHugh what's happening with David Platt's ARTAS result. It would be good to see how it turned out!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Really avoid flexing your neck for the first 4 months. Imagine you are balancing an egg on your head whenever picking things up.

BTW, please ask Mick McHugh what's happening with David Platt's ARTAS result. It would be good to see how it turned out!

Matt does Dr. K advise taking it easy for the first four months so as not to jeopardize scar healing?

Update:

5 days post op and all is still looking good. Donor are a bit irritating and itchy but apart from that all is good. Once staples are out I will try and get a trim so I look less like a monk until it all falls out :(. I'll post son epics ASAP

Strikey,

Congrats on your recent procedure with Dr Farjo the work looks great and all looks to be fine 6 days post op. Your grafts are secure at this stage so you are over that hurdle.

Look forward to following your progress.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Matt does Dr. K advise taking it easy for the first four months so as not to jeopardize scar healing?

He told me that you are not out of the woods until the scar has turned fully white. Until that point it is best to play it safe, but I say 4 months based on my own experience.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The grafts will be secure but that does not mean it is yet a good time to remove the scabbing in my view it is too early to do that. Each clinic has different instructions on when they like they patients to remove scabbing so you should drop them a email to find what they suggest.

As for scar healing I have seen scars heal and turn white at 3 months and some take as long as 6 to fully change colour so it varies a good deal from patient to patient.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I got alot of scanning flaking off which is making me gently rub it. Is that ok? It looks a bit thinner than it did but I'm guessing that's the scabbing coming off? Ill try and upload another pic but it's not letting me at mo

11 days post op. and scabs have pretty much gone and I'm really happy with how it looks but on the other hand am absolutely dreading the ugly duckling phase.. Why does this have to happen I'm just getting used to my new stubbly hair.. Gutted...

Update 2 weeks to the day since HT.

I think i may be starting to shed :( I can see little hairs in my hand so I'm guessing the worse part is on its way.

Anyway please let me know why you all think so far and also if anyone has any ideas how best to get it cut considering it will prob all fall out.

Thanks for looking

IMG_7274.jpg.c30c04a18182762d3d49e29b2b9e8e16.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg.29163820b7ca8b869a59a7f2cb38dac2.jpg

IMG_7271.jpg.ef7b5aca31ff17759da8d776f33412f1.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg.cce88049120b066b32fdb52045e872f9.jpg

• 1 month later...

Strikey,

Don't expect to be on track at two months as the growth will only just have started and the visual difference will be minimal that can be seen from a photo. That said you appear to have a little more hair than the pre op photo but is difficult to tell. If you have any growth it is just the start of things and is now a long journey that takes 8 months to a full year to see your full results. You will feel the hairs more than you will see them at this stage.

Keep patient and and look forward to following your progress.

---

Strikey, as Garageland says it's very early days. You've made it through the first eight weeks and in the coming months you should see significant changes.

Try to be patient (difficult I know!) and thanks for keeping us updated with your progress.

Pete

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.