Dr Hasson Hairline revision 1200 grafts

JustOne

Hey all . :D

I just had a transplant with Dr Hasson and his team . This would be my 3rd transplant to date. My first transplant was terrible I got hacked up and plugged up . Next in line i had a repair done by Dr Lindsey of approx 1700 grafts, it turned out fine , it really helped out with looking normal again . THEN just today I saw Dr Hasson , they did 1200 grafts inbetween older grafts and created a new hairline . Im really happy with the experience I had and H&W , it was comfortable and quite painless . the staff there is excellent ! Tomorrow Ill go in for a cleaning , and for the rest of the week as well . Ill have some pictures to upload in the next few days . plus ill add a link to my previous blog I had with my last repair work. Looking forward to my new hairline in 8-12 months time . Its been a long journey, if i get a great yield from this transplant ill be stylin' .. will post pics soon. .

why is this site so slow these days? any chance it can be fixed?

currently taking dutasteride .5mg daily to help prevent future loss.

here is another before . and the 1 day post op pictures i took. Ill have some better ones from the clinic . as for the number run down . i think i had about 350 singles and the rest doubles. 1148 grafts was the total count .

So today 1 day post op , I went back to H&W to have a shampoo and clean / check up . Dr Hasson took a look and said everything looked great. I will also go in tomorrow for another clean and check up . They provided me with a care package as well , which contained. shampoo , ball cap , anti biotic , 2 sleeping pills and some pain killers. . Last night I slept great, the sleeping pill knocked me out good . So i had about 7-8 hours of sleep . pain is very minimal. got a few pictures of the donor area as well . Ill post those in a bit

Currently taking dutasteride .5 mg per day to prevent further loss, been on dutasteride for about 3months a 2 weeks...I was on finasteride before that for over 2 years.. I decided on Dutasteride a few months before this surgery because i know its a stronger drug and wanted to get the best possible results.. I may go back to using rogaine after the 2 week mark .

20140629_182658.jpg.0b60e8255906cd94b40ee904b9abb368.jpg

20140813_112313.jpg.1f9216704403104ef89f4d3f3f5221f0.jpg

20140813_112317.jpg.89ded7f1e35ebc4f9c9c29f4360d943c.jpg

20140813_112320.jpg.c12cafe934c5dbc924723c66457c6740.jpg

Here are some more progression pictures....

Ok so a little history . when i was 21 I went to a surgeon in Florida and got hacked up and left me with massive plugs that you will see below . then i saw Dr Wong and he removed many of those plugs which is the last picture. After the plug removal i saw Dr Lindsey for approx 1750 grafts for a hairline revision which you will see below as well . that surgery helped me out greatly as you will see the difference. AND last but not least 2 days ago I saw Dr Hasson for almost 1200 grafts to touch of my hairline and add more density and naturalness . I am pretty hopeful at this point in time that in several months Ill have a denser more natural hairline ... one that maybe i can show off . Its been a long journey , and im looking for my happy ending :D

IMG_8605.jpg.a31ee9b8170edc7aadc276df1feeb210.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg.e1b8746ea8ff90af6bc1cee7e046b533.jpg

DSCF0733.jpg.a184e9c0964efb5c424d580d65623fd9.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg.5bf7e794ec2c928fe229cebc713453e9.jpg

DSC_2406.jpg.42df325605a8447fd94e5e14da070020.jpg

its day 3 . Just got back from my 3rd wash at hasson and wong. things are looking good . nice and clean . Ill post some photos as well . I will be keeping a strict log of this transplant and adding pictures often so please dont get annoyed with me

.I am hoping dutasteride will do its job in maintaining my existing hair and or making it thicker .

currently taking

biotin

msm 3 grams daily

krill oil

dutasteride .5mg daily

green tea extract/grape seed extract

20140815_114358.jpg.7236a4adee71f52b0efb8681cdcbace2.jpg

20140815_114400.jpg.fd49ecebb7de6cbc7b8a10f79cce5ac9.jpg

20140815_114404.jpg.e27d341c0edc9f585de3cb44f63f7507.jpg

So its day 4 , no pain and slept well last night . I Still have the whole bag of pain killers .... Monday they said i could wear a normal hat , so Ill be going back to work that day. Quite boring sitting around..... Really hoping i can get back in the gym asap . they said to take a month off working out ... that would be absolute torture for me. Ill play it by ear and see how the donor area feels at 2 weeks , start with some light lifting and avoid straining the neck area.

20140816_094112.jpg.a23cfa0fd555d4d47b7e747987e81247.jpg

Justone,

Congratulations on your recent surgery with Dr Hasson I hope this session will get you were you want to be and judging by the post op pics it looks very promising. Sorry you were subjected to such poor work in the past.

Thank you for documenting your story so far on the forums. Being a repair patient I know you will have a good deal of interest in your case so I hope you do follow it through month by month.

I look forward to following your progress. Thanks again for posting.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Day 9

Been putting vit e on the recipient area for the last couple days . Soaked head for about 10 mins today and Did a gentle cleaning of the area. About 10 single haired grafts came out with the scabs, but that's to be expected . There is still some crust/scab left but much cleaner now. Heres a couple pics .Looking pretty good I think so far. the density will be pretty good if all these hairs grow in .

Donor area feels good .

20140821_171814.jpg.4479145dd6c18e9200469496b6e0e7d1.jpg

20140821_171809.jpg.e2e586848cbab2744fe1e50ca50e931f.jpg

Hey JustOne,

Great to see you at the clinic for your procedure. Sounds like things are coming along as expected. You can be a little more agressive now and work out the remaining scabs. no need to be too gentle at this stage. Looking forward to your updates !

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Here's day 20 . Shedding more of the transplanted hairs everyday . I have emu oil on the recipient area. Staples came out on the 26th of august . Donor feels fine , all around no pain. Thinking about starting minoxidil again but I'm not sure yet . Currently taking dutasteride with no side effects just hit the 4 month mark with the drug

20140901_190616.jpg.a8a147a8ebda1910745c2b12bcbd4ef4.jpg

20140901_190509.jpg.e25f9792097cb23ddf7bee1011214b34.jpg

Justone,

All looks good to me from the photos and expect a high number to shed over the next couple of weeks. I couldn't quite see but if you have any crusts or scabs still in the recipient now you should be getting rid of them by taking a long soak under the shower.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

• 2 weeks later...

Your hair looks great & from what I read & seen H&W pull off some good results I'm sure in 10mths time you be on a all time high after such a jouney you been through.

I have H&W on my short list but not over the moon with the FUT method TBH but guess I need to speek with several Docs to see the best way forward.

Do H&W practice FUE also would you know? if not I know there is a few H&W reps on this forum & if so & they read this please PM me so I can get the ball rolling.

Again your hair looks great & look forward to your updates.

Thanks for the updates just one, hang in there!

Ontop- I have just sent you a private message you can contact me on david@hassonandwong.com to get the ball rolling.

---

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3 months 10 days update...

Still waiting on new growth to happen . Ive had a few sprout in the last month . not to many tho ... ill post pictures at the 4 month mark . fingers crossed the growth kicks in soon . see you in a couple weeks