Small Head Less Grafts?

yes, exactly.

less surface area to cover, so less grafts.

when i got my HT, i'm a pretty tall guy with a big head, so i needed more grafts for my NW3 loss than somebody that is shorter with a smaller head.

Yes, I guess, but I would say your balding pattern will have much more of an impact. Things like if you are an A you're our a V type, how high your sides are if your are advanced, the hairline height, if you want to stress your crown, your caliber and color of hair, etc, etc, will usually have a larger impact on the number of grafts you need than your had size.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Partially yes...other factors, such as curly vs. straight hair, thin vs. thick and dark vs. light also play a role in the number of grafts needed.

So for curly vs. straight hair, thin vs. thick and dark vs. light... which of the 3 require less grafts?

Absolutely peoples heads vary greatly in size and a small head will need less grafts which is just as well as you will have less grafts available based on a average donor but overall good news as less grafts means less cost!

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Agree with Garageland on this, only general benefit for smaller heads (just as mine :)) is the lower cost. All that matters in terms of potential coverage is the donor-recipient-area ratio.

Curly gives more coverage than straight....thick gives more density than thin....light hair matches scalp on white patients...therefore they blend more...giving illusion of more hair compared to dark hair and light scalp....you can see thinning more....

Of course, matter of simple mathematics and common sense, but you might want to consider that also your donor region most probably will be smaller then..

BING BING BING! And the winner is Questinmark!!! :P

Donor region could also be smaller I agree. There are many factors which involved. The amount of multi-hair grafts available in the donor, the caliber of the donor hair extracted, level of loss, the hairline chosen etc.