1000 Grafts

I'm curious if anyone has any insight as to whether 1000 grafts can add a reasonable amount of density? If so, any photos? I have had two previous procedures and am just looking to add density to my existing hair.

Thank you in advance for any feedback!

A density of 40-50 grafts per cm^2 typically looks dense enough to look natural in most lighting. At 40 per cm^2, 1000 grafts would net you 1000/40 = 25 square centimeters of coverage over a bald area. That's a 2inch by 2inch square... which isn't as small as it sounds if you draw it out.

yep the only way you're getting decent density out of 1,000 is by limiting it to a small area, as calculated out by Rootz

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

@Emerson12

Hello there. 1000 grafts can certainly make a noticeable cosmetic improvement if you are increasing density to an area other than the actual frontal hairline. What you really want to do is obtain as many hairs per graft as reasonably possible to yield natural-looking results.

May your next procedure be a charm on the 3rd time around, Emerson12.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

A small session of 1000 grafts could either thicken into a thinning hairline or temples or be used to lower temples and hairline a fraction. You could place 1000 grafts into a small sized isolated thinning crown spot or bald patch provided it was stable. This amount of grafts needs to be concentrated into a smaller area like the examples above. Spreading 1000 grafts over the entire top of someones head is going to make a minimal improvement.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Garageland is correct. I'd add that it also is related to the particular hair characteristics you have...skinny hairs or nice wavy hairs, and the color match/mismatch between your hair and your skin. But yes, 1000 to fix a limited area can help alot.

I have no idea what the other consultant above is talking about...saying you want the most hairs per graft...that sounds pluggy to me. If you are dealing with the hairline, I'd want lots of singles to look natural, not pluggy 2s and 3s at the hairline. Now if you are dealing with the crown...you'll need more than a thousand almost certainly.

Good luck.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...
I have no idea what the other consultant above is talking about...saying you want the most hairs per graft...that sounds pluggy to me. If you are dealing with the hairline, I'd want lots of singles to look natural, not pluggy 2s and 3s at the hairline. Now if you are dealing with the crown...you'll need more than a thousand almost certainly.

With respect, you misread what he said.

I understood it to mean that 1000 grafts of mainly 2, 3 or 4 hair grafts would greatly help with the illusion of density in an area OTHER THAN the hairline.

Cryingoutloud, this is precisely true...

Everyone, let me reiterate my point.

1000 grafts can certainly make a noticeable cosmetic improvement if you are increasing density to an area other than the actual frontal hairline. What you really want to do is obtain as many hairs per graft as reasonably possible to yield natural-looking results.

A patient can see a noticeable improvement from 1000 grafts depending on their hair color, hair character, donor hair density, hair shaft caliber, & the number of hairs per graft.

Below is a depiction of a patient's result from 700 FUE grafts:

700FUEFITCOMPARISON_zps8e5342c8.jpg

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians