Does my scar seem overly red? Should I get it checked out?

I think it is a little bit on the "very red" side, but maybe par for the course given your complexion and being 4 weeks out

You seem to also be experiencing some shock loss around the scar btw

If you're worried about it wouldn't hurt to have a doctor look at it.

Remind me who your surgeon was, and was this your first HT?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

It's my first transplant and the surgeon was dr radha, so it's not like a picked a bad surgeon.

And I've noticed the shock loss, there's nothing I can do about that except wait for it to grow back

How have you been taking care of it? Washing it gently and applying Neosporin to help healing worked great for me.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

In haven't been rough with it, just rubbing it gently when shampooing.

I haven't used neosporin yet though, I was waiting until all of the stiches/scabby remains fall off, there's still bits around on it

is the shock loss really bad ? there have been cases wherein shock loss has Never Grown back , even very good HT Docs say that shock loss sometimes never grows back , hence many many surgeons do not try to disturb the hair follicles esp. the ones with Diffused thinning , becos it really aggregates their already thinning scalp !

At four weeks out that seems a bit red, but as someone pointed out, that may just be your skin type and its healing characteristics. Really, the issue is whether it feels tender to the touch or warm to the touch. It would be unusual to have any sort of infection or reaction this far out, unless of course your surgeon used dissolvable sutures. If that is the case, the redness should decrease as that process resolves.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors