2,781 grafts, almost 5 months post op.

Hi, haven't posted much since nobody seems to care unless the surgeon is Maral or Lorenzo , but here are some almost 5 months post-op updates since I figured there are quite a few Diep patients here.

these pics were taken 4 months and 3 weeks post-op, with flash on, so it's about the worst type of lighting you can get, but overall very pleased with the results so far. There are still some areas that are lagging behind, mostly where the implanted and pre-op hairline meet, but i know with time it will all fill out.

as you can see, i've gone quite a ways since before the surgery, best decision ever.

Also, i have been blow drying my hair daily after i shower and combing my hair back as i would like to slick it back once it grows out, which is why the direction is going back.

BEFORE

image.jpg

2uzc68l.jpg

22_4months3weeks4days.jpg

20_4months3weeks4days.jpg

21_4months3weeks4days.jpg

23_4months3weeks4days.jpg

Looking good, thanks for sharing.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Hi there. Would you happen to have any immediate post-op photos in your possession? I'd like to see the placement of the grafts onto the right side of the hairline.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi there. Would you happen to have any immediate post-op photos in your possession? I'd like to see the placement of the grafts onto the right side of the hairline.

here you go. this was about 14 hrs later, don't have anything immediate. any reason or particular or just wondering?

ddl460.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi m0dthispny. The left side seems to be producing a better yield at the five-month mark. These are still very acceptable five-month results. Congratulations on the big improvement!

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

looking good, should continue to grow in

Hi, haven't posted much since nobody seems to care unless the surgeon is Maral or Lorenzo

keep posting and don't worry, there are actually a lot of lurkers etc. here so even if you don't get many comments your results still help others

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I agree that this forum has changed so much in the last 2 years. It seems more FUE focused and most cases and posts I see now are for FUE and non NA docs. This is not good or bad IMO. I just hope the good strip docs are not being buried by it all and newbies are getting the best info possible.

Great progress by the way OP.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

here is a 5.5 month update. i've started growing out the hair on top, currently at a #5 guard, longest my hair has been in years! i love the hairline design, it suits my face perfectly.

a few observations however, my native hair is really dense so I hope once the transplanted hair matures the next 6 months, it gets close to the density of my native hair. there are also some parts that are lagging behind, mostly my right side near my temple point and near my old hairline but looks like those hairs have not come out yet.

also, i've noticed the transplanted hair comes out at the correct angle (forward), but then it curls back instead of going straight up. this gives the impression that the transplanted hairs length is shorter than the native hair. (you can see this in my pic) While I expect late bloomer hair to obviously be shorter, I hope this is just since the hair is still fairly young and will straighten out within the next 6 months once it matures. what are you guys' thoughts on this? the hair from my donor area is straight which is why I think it's curly because of the current stage of hair growth

photo.jpg

I think you are well on your way to a very nice result.Each month will be better and I bet by months 7 and 8 its going to look awesome especially if you let your hair grow another inch or so. Just my op ! Anyway we are about the same timeline I'll be updating my 6 months next week . Cheers to you and happy growing and thanks for the updates .

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

here is 5 months 3 weeks out.

noticing the implanted hair is getting straighter, which is awesome. density is definitely improving and under my bathrooms harsh light using a handheld mirror, the implanted hair is starting to really blend with the native hair. while it wont completely match the native density, it should hopefully be close enough! 100% of the grafts have not come through yet, still some weaker spots but i know still have plenty of time.

also one thing to keep in mind that my hairline was lowered about an inch too in the front, so it wasn't just my receding corners.

here are some pics, in different lighting conditions, including an ultra close under harsh bathroom lighting.

photo_5.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

On track to achieving a great result.

4-6 months you can expect kinky, wavy un-coordinated and wispy hair.

IMO the magic doesn't go into full throttle untill 7+, this is when you start to fully appreciate the magic of an HT, the hair itself thickens, becomes straight, redness fully gone, and you're re-born :)

ladies and gents, here is my 6 months post-op update.

Roller-coaster, if i could choose one word to describe HT recovery, it would be roller-coaster. I'm super excited and stoked right now, but who knows in a few days, I might be down again, but then in a few weeks, love the results.

The implanted hair is finally starting to grow, finally starting to get thicker and straight, and finally starting to blend really well with the native hair. Will it match the density? No, but it's hardly noticeable. I keep hearing months 6-12, the results look even better and you see bigger changes, so I'm very excited.

hard to believe this was just 3 months ago!

photo.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone, here is 6 months 2 weeks update. still seeing improvements on a daily basis, hair is getting thicker, straighter, and filling in quite nice. it's funny at work how noticeable my hair growth has become, at least one person a day comments on how nice and full and thick it's looking. best investment ever, my confidence has skyrocketed. density to native hair is matching up quite nice too, my right side is lagging a little behind the left side but guessing things will eventually even up.

37_6months2weeks_2.jpg

39_6months2weeks.jpg

Looking just great for only 6 months! Bet you`ll be amazed in 2-5 months when the hair has thickened and adjusted to the "natural" hairs behind. There most probably are still coming some new hairs through in that timeline! Lots of hairstyle options very soon. Congratulations, exciting times for sure :) Please keep on posting, interesting case!

• 3 weeks later...

Quite the transformation, and its not even done yet. Looks awesome! Congratulations! A couple of questions.

Did you get an Acell shot from Dr Diep, as others patients have?

About your hairline, I've seen other Diep patients go for zig zag, saw tooth kind of hairline, as you have chosen as well. Does Diep push that on patients or was it what you requested? By all means, I see it as a personal choice, and it looks quite good for you.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

Quite the transformation, and its not even done yet. Looks awesome! Congratulations! A couple of questions.

About your hairline, I've seen other Diep patients go for zig zag, saw tooth kind of hairline, as you have chosen as well. Does Diep push that on patients or was it what you requested? By all means, I see it as a personal choice, and it looks quite good for you.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

thanks, appreciate the kind words :)

yep, i got the a-cell.

as far as the zig zag, overall i would rather have this than a straight hairline because if you look at natural hairlines, you notice that they do zig zag as well. i prefer the zig zag on the right side over the left side as i feel it's a bit softer on the right side. his zig zag method can use some refinement, but overall i think it looks great. When he draws on the hairline he already implements the zig zag, so i'm not sure if you can request less zig zag or not.

so here are pics before i went on vacation, 6 months 3 weeks post op.

a week after these pics, on vacation, for some god awful reason i shaved my entire head with a #2.5 guard all over!!!!!!! needless to say, when you have HT, you get the full effect when the hair is long, so needless to say, i'm going through a mini ugly duckling period again. one thing i noticed though, is i feel that not all of the grafts have come out yet, i guess as the hair got longer, it either hides the missing areas or the hair needs to be long for the grafts to come out straight and not curl around, so some areas are lighter than others. i know the hair will grow back, but just sucks since the hair was finally getting nice and long.

40_6months3weeks.jpg

42_6months3weeks.jpg

43_6months3weeks3days.jpg