About to start Propecia... but having concerns..

dannyboy785

I've read about the sexual side effects and I'm aware of them, but it finally hit me when I was reading the label that came with the pills and how it described side effects as "will continue after you stop taking" and that really worried me. The thing that I can't seem to find anywhere is the percentage of males that this occurred with during the study.

Also, I've read on this forum about some guys bashing the hairmax lasercomb which I though would work well, so can somebody give factual information on either of these issues without incorporating their own biased opinion?

As far as the laser comb, I think it is more important to ask, what is the factual information that it does work? That is the same question that should be asked with every hair treatment. There are tons and tons of scams and shams. It's not up to people to prove it doesn't work, it is up to the company to prove that it does, preferably with double blind studies.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

percentages matter nothing when you are the actual one that gets hit with the sides afterwards

I do believe it is low like around 2 percent though, but do more research and consult a doctor before starting

if you are worried start on low dose or very low dose and carefully monitor your sides

initial testicular pain was the only sexual side I encountered but it did subside after week or so

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys , sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me I have one question.

I don't want to take propecia , and my question is if I go to hair transplant , can I have hairloss from the transplanted hair if I don't use propecia? Answer me please somebody who know. I don't think about my native hair , I'm just worried about losing the transplanted hair if I don't use propecia? Please someone who know .. thank you very much.

The chances you'll experience noticeable sexual side effects should be around 2%. The chances those side effects, if you experience them, would be permanent... probably ranges between 0% and some number barely larger than 0. I included 0% because I'm not aware it's actually been scientifically proven.

The important thing to realize is if you give enough people fake pills (i.e. sugar pills) under the premise there can be sexual side effects... you will get people who experience permanent sexual side effects from them. Would you say the sugar pills caused permanent sexual problems? No. Not directly at least.