3,840 Grafts via FUT with Dr. Panine in Chicago

I have spent over 10 years of researching hair transplant procedures and debating whether or not to schedule one. I decided to finally do it. After meeting with Dr. Panine and his surgical coordinator, Stuart Rosenberg, I felt that I found the right team for me.

From the first meeting, I felt very comfortable and relaxed. Any question I asked was answered with knowledge and honesty - even the unpleasant facts regarding slight discomfort and healing time. The results from previous patients wowed me. I was told that Dr. Panine is a skilled artist when it comes to the placement of grafts. Judging by the natural results his patients have gotten, I believe this is true. What was especially important to me, was the way my donor scar would heal. Dr. Panine's work is nearly undetectable.

I have always had a high widow's peak hairline, but over the years, that line has receded and my crown has thinned out. Dr. Panine examined my forehead, measured the proportions of my face, and drew on the hairline that would best suit me. Dr. Panine is clearly a pro. I was thrilled and decided to schedule the procedure.

Stuart was in contact with me whenever I had any questions or concerns leading up to the procedure. He contacted my pharmacy and ordered the medications I would need for pre- and post-op.

The day of the procedure was very exciting for me. I’d spent so much time researching that I could hardly believe the day had finally come. Stuart made sure I was comfortable and ready for the long day. Dr. Panine was very friendly and kept me relaxed and informed throughout the day. He explained each part of the procedure before and during it happened (donor incision, trichophytic closure, graft placement, etc.) so I knew exactly what was happening and what to expect. The procedure was virtually painless. I felt an occasional pinch, but any time I felt the slightest bit of pain, Dr. Panine’s team made sure to top me off with local anesthetic.

After more than 12 hours, the procedure was finished. Dr. Panine was able to extract 3,840 grafts via FUT from the donor area. 3,440 went to the hairline and 400 were added to the crown. Luckily for me, they only billed me for 3,200 grafts, so the rest was a bonus! Of that 3,840, 1,404 were single hair, 2,129 were double hair, and 307 were triple hair grafts.

I live about 40 minutes from Dr. Panine’s office at the John Hancock building. Stuart was nice enough to drive me home at the end of the night.

I am extremely pleased that I decided to get an FUT with Dr. Panine. I have no regrets, either physically or financially (both huge concerns before), about the procedure. As I post this, it has been 4 weeks since my HT. Now, I just have to wait for results!

I have attached photos from before the procedure, immediately after, and from the day the stitches were removed two weeks later.

5b32dfa33c501_pre-op004.JPG.7e3fefde6cd2b03303ea1400e303f3e7.JPG

5b32dfa35f413_pre-op005.JPG.e1549e9b8f7aa3476cedfd5c2047d02f.JPG

5b32dfa37aa6c_pre-op006.JPG.5c9569f8a5abe1ca7014d8f3924d999d.JPG

5b32dfa3a5614_afterprocedure001.JPG.937899884163a1cdc6aaf78c04853cdb.JPG

5b32dfa3d549f_afterprocedure003.JPG.ffe03fd9703109ac5c5567ab45f12e74.JPG

5b32dfa3ea1e5_afterprocedure004.JPG.fe7f1aec48ca0c922e562f08b24a8a4f.JPG

5b32dfa41393d_afterprocedure005.JPG.864e4b23f87effa9d07fbf5e03439488.JPG

5b32dfa43ea91_2weekspost-op001.JPG.c9a23c28ca51bb20e7ea3baedc3d62bf.JPG

5b32dfa460dfc_2weekspost-op002.JPG.25658fae4c83cc6ebbc6b2f6d07a69b3.JPG

5b32dfa47b0d1_2weekspost-op003.JPG.df24f09d259c68c6ff75aaca619b4e89.JPG

5b32dfa495db6_2weekspost-op006.JPG.c2120060d804e51357e2fdddec819903.JPG

5b32dfa4aee42_2weekspost-op007.JPG.ab913343bccb5b4b536bca17ca66c72b.JPG

Edited by haroldkarl

Wow--that's a lot of grafts in a small area! The result should be a knockout. Do you mind sharing your age and whether you're on medications? The work looks super clean. I haven't seen much from Dr. Panine, but this looks impressive from this early stage.

Wow--that's a lot of grafts in a small area! The result should be a knockout. Do you mind sharing your age and whether you're on medications? The work looks super clean. I haven't seen much from Dr. Panine, but this looks impressive from this early stage.

It does look like a lot of grafts, but with that said, the hairline seems conservative enough to support further surgery even at that density. Looking forward to the updates.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker I understand you wanting to critique Dr. Panine's work. But every one of Dr. Panine's Patients procedures customized to the patient's preferences, just as I am sure is Dr. Konior's procedures. This patient always had an extremely high hairline with temple recession prior to having any hair loss. Once he started experiencing hair loss and was left with an even higher hairline he started to become unhappy with it and then wanted to have something done to bring it back down. Dr. Panine and the patient agreed that it would be in his best interest to create the hairline that you see. This patient has a very long narrow face which you can't see because his face is not in the pictures. The rule of thirds was taken into consideration when Dr. Panine was determining the placement of this patient's hairline. His results are going to be excellent and it is going to fit his facial characteristics along with being age appropriate now and as he continues to age.. In addition if the hairline would have been created lower he would not have the density he was desiring and then would of needed for sure an additional procedure.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

Spanker I understand you wanting to critique Dr. Panine's work. But every one of Dr. Panine's Patients procedures customized to the patient's preferences, just as I am sure is Dr. Konior's procedures. This patient always had an extremely high hairline with temple recession prior to having any hair loss. Once he started experiencing hair loss and was left with an even higher hairline he started to become unhappy with it and then wanted to have something done to bring it back down. Dr. Panine and the patient agreed that it would be in his best interest to create the hairline that you see. This patient has a very long narrow face which you can't see because his face is not in the pictures. The rule of thirds was taken into consideration when Dr. Panine was determining the placement of this patient's hairline. His results are going to be excellent and it is going to fit his facial characteristics along with being age appropriate now and as he continues to age.. In addition if the hairline would have been created lower he would not have the density he was desiring and then would of needed for sure an additional procedure.

I don't appreciate your insinuation with the comment that you "understand me wanting to critique" Dr. Panine's work. What I said was not negative. The poster above stated that it was a lot of grafts for the area, which I agreed with, but was trying to reassure Winn that while it seems like a lot, because of the hairline height, I felt that his donor would support his future loss and still look good, as opposed to blowing 3800 in a hairline to make a 30 something year old man with crown loss a NW1. So, again to be clear, it was not a negative comment. I agree with the approach and feel it will be a great result that will serve him well as he ages.

Back to your insinuation, I was one of only three non-mods besides you to give a positive comment on your doctor's accomplishment of getting ht of the month out of 477 views. I assume you made that comment because Dr. Panine and Dr. Konior share the same market and you or someone thought I was being negative (which I wasn't) toward one of your clinic's results. Please know that I would not, nor do I feel the need to unduly critique your patients. I simply posted what I thought was a reassuring comment on members post (not a clinic's) like I do every day. I'm sorry if you feel threatened by that and that you felt the need to publicly and individually call me out on my comment, which I felt was adding a positive tone to another poster's observation.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker maybe we read to much into your post since you are employed by Dr. Konior and this was the second time that you commented on this patients results being very conservative on 2 separate threads started by this patient and not once did you mention anything in regards to Dr. Panine's results looking good. On the first thread you were not responding to another members post, but just the patients post. Some patients just naturally have and need higher hairlines to compliment their facial characteristics such as this patient. We just wanted to clarify the reason why his procedure was done the way it was. Dr. Panine does approach each patients procedures differently especially when deciding where the hairline is placed. This can be seen on many of the photo albums that Dr. Panine has posted on this site.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This patient recently came in for his one year results and wanted me to update is thread he originally started after his procedure. He is extremely happy with his results

01.JPG.a95ecf51d9eccf1d5c0241be3b2f9011.JPG

02.JPG.e7551462b5b1658c5e3192120855879c.JPG

03.JPG.c30026770767e6eeed8531efdd2bf7c6.JPG

04.JPG.08651c68e27c66e660262b285322b4f1.JPG

05.JPG.8bd0f0fad1c4970421872bf51e5a4b78.JPG

06.JPG.07588c472ca9146701b161712d86afdb.JPG

07.JPG.defe7eb993f7aa104f21daea3c50e188.JPG

08.jpg.6840edfc0334773e7871706df0b20ea9.jpg

09.jpg.a54d7c3c6d1d72398fccd7b22be1a943.jpg

10.JPG.0376d3f9d91ae02c3412d1d00c9214ff.JPG

11.JPG.7b4e2c2462c3311f881e95a1539735ec.JPG