How long until every graft sprouts?

Hello,

I had a hair transplant procedure done by FUT around 8 months ago. Currently I see a lot of growth but it's still thin and wispy hair. I also noticed that there's some gaps in the growth. Approximately how many months post op can one expect all the grafts to actually sprout and start growing? Will new grafts continue to sprout beyond 8 months? Thanks.

There is usually a notcieable improvement in everyone's result from 8 months to a year, so at the very least you should see a nice improvement. You said some of your hairs look thin wispy, which leads me to believe you have a lot more growing to do. It can take up to 18 months to see 100% of the result.

Try not to worry too much about your result because there's nothing you can do but wait, and there's no way in heck you'll be able to detect improvement over the course of days. Try not to look at your hair much for a month, then get critical again!

Rootz is correct. A study illustrated that newly ingrown transplanted hairs can grow in for the first time even 18 months after the procedure. We have also observed that the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and ACell as a graft storage solution appears to result in slightly earlier growth of transplanted hair."

• 4 weeks later...

Regrowth is going to vary between individuals but as was already mentioned, by 12 months post-op, most of the grafts should have broken the scalp surface.

There is some variation in hair caliber maturation and it can take up to 18 months to fully manifest.

The profound thing about hair shaft diameter is the more it thickens, the better visual coverage attained...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY