I may be Norwood 7--Is FUE still possible?

Hey HRN dudes, this is an amazing community. KUDOS

So, I am a 30 year old guy, with I think Norwood 6/7/8 (not sure).

Am wondering if an FUE is possible in my case?As of now I just shave my head regularly as I had started to accept that nothing can be done. But there are so many inspirational stories here that I was tempted to ask -- Is there any hope at all with FUE in my case?

WP_20140525_040.jpg.2f517c08d63e69a579f05addb9812e24.jpg

WP_20140525_052.jpg.3301fb9cc5913c4e1496df04abbe4b0f.jpg

FUE with the goal of a full head of hair would be difficult to chase, however FUE + SMP combination could give you a natural looking hair restoration solution.

you would proceed by getting FUE grafts in the hairline and frontal third by a recommended surgeon on this forum, and then go to a reputable SMP clinic for the rest of the "density"

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Based on ur photos I would think at least 7000 grafts. 7000 would be likely impossible given ur donor situation. My guess would be that u could get max 3000-3500 grafts from scalp donor. But best would be yo consult with ha top surgeon.

Look for Dr Villnow in Germany. He specializes in body as well as FUE and strip. There's a patient called William38 who have more than 7000 grafts on the forum

Hey HRN dudes, this is an amazing community. KUDOS

So, I am a 30 year old guy, with I think Norwood 6/7/8 (not sure).

Am wondering if an FUE is possible in my case?As of now I just shave my head regularly as I had started to accept that nothing can be done. But there are so many inspirational stories here that I was tempted to ask -- Is there any hope at all with FUE in my case?

You're probably a NW6 I'd say. What you will need to do is let your hair grow for a couple of weeks so prospective doctors can get a better idea of what's possible.

I'd probably guess you might get enough scalp hair to cover the front half of your head via FUE with a conservative hairline.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

In short, going for a cosmetically pleasing and complete look via FUE alone most likely will be an up hill battle. Sadly you have a large area to cover and your crown has dipped quite a bit. You donor density looks good but you would need the assistance of body hair and/or SMP(scalp tattooing) and even then I'm not sure the look will be complete. It all depends on your desires. If you just want a to frame your face with a conservative hairline and have a tapered density toward the crown, it could be done, albeit the look won't be very dense. The great news is you have an awesome shape head for the shaved look. If I had looked that good with a shaved head I would never bother with a HT unless it was only minimal loss. I have bumps in my head so shaving is not an option. I personally would be content with having a kick-ass shaved head look instead of going through the financial, emotional and physical hoops that several(because you will need several, either 12 months apart or 3-4 consecutive days) HTs offer.

Hey Buddy,you can check the following link.My situation was almost the same as yours.It shows my first procedure(FUT+FUE).I have undergone a second FUE(only)procedure which I will post few months later after the hair grows out properly.Hope it gives you an idea.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173420-norwood-6-7-fut-fue-grafts-3974-dr-pathomvanich.html