Best Doc for Crown work

Hi,

I used this site for advice my first transplant for about 4200 grafts for my hairline and midscalp. I am very happy with the result and would now like to address my crown. I am a norwood 5.

well I was norwood 5! After this second surgery, no more baldness, very excited!

I would like to use a surgeon who has a proven track record of success working on the crown as it can be a tricky area. i think i can get another 2500 grafts which should give me enough to tackle my crown.

I am leaning towards Dr Wong from hasson and wong as he has a great reputation with crown work. I just wanted to get boards opinion any other surgeons to consider for this type of work

I only use rogaine foam, no propeica/fin. I know my crown will continue to expand however I would like to cover it all if possible and use FUE/beard hair for any touchups. Is this a good strategy?

I can post some pics if it helps.

thanks

i had my tranplant by rahal! it did come out really well. I just haven't seen any great crown work from him online. he seems like to want to leave some of the crown unfilled? it's either rahal or wong as this point.

Have you considered Dr. Mohebi? I went to his clinic a few weeks ago to see some crown work of prior patients (I am planning to get FUT crown work done in the next year or so) and I thought his patients AFTER crowns looked great. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Watch4Norwoods- Thank you for your recommendation of Dr. Arocha and Arocha Hair Restoration. We appreciate it!

Georgecontanza- Dr. Arocha has the expertise and artistic skills to create a solution that maximizes your hair restoration outcome in the crown. Please review this article that Dr. Arocha wrote about Crown Restoration: Principles of Crown Hair Restoration - 31-May-09: Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration article: contact Bernardino Arocha, M.D., ABHRS

Also, we have several Before and After results posted on our website of previous crown restoration patients. I have added the links to our albums below.

Photos - 2079 FUT, Crown Restoration, 9 month result on Hair Transplant Dallas for Dallas Hair Restoration in Dallas, TX

Photos - Artistic Hair Restoration: Crowns on Hair Transplant Dallas for Dallas Hair Restoration in Dallas, TX

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. We are here to help!

Best wishes!

CeCe

Cece@arochahairrestoration.com

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I second Wong. I haven't had a procedure from him, but his crown results are extremely natural. The crown is notoriously tough, so really do your research. A lot of docs are nervous to go into it, and for good reason.

From what I have seen Dr Lorenzo's crown work is exceptional, in fact it seems to be his speciality and he achieves really good coverage with relatively few grafts. The crown can absorb a lot of grafts and I have seen results from surgeons who have put a ton of grafts into the crown and the coverage still looked thin. Lorenzo is obviously particularly skilled in the crown area.

Arocha or Rahal IMO

Thank you for your recommendation!

Dr. Arocha has the expertise and artistic skills to help create a solution that can maximize hair restoration in crown area. Crowns are one of his specialties. Please refer to this article written by Dr. Arocha on the crown area.

Principles of Crown Hair Restoration - 31-May-09: Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration article: contact Bernardino Arocha, M.D., ABHRS

Also, feel free to browse our before and after patient result galleries.

Photos - 2079 FUT, Crown Restoration, 9 month result on Hair Transplant Dallas for Dallas Hair Restoration in Dallas, TX

Photos - Artistic Hair Restoration: Crowns on Hair Transplant Dallas for Dallas Hair Restoration in Dallas, TX

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best wishes,

CeCe

CeCe@arochahairrestoration.com

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks for the responses guys.

here are my main concerns.

1. with the crown being the black hole of hair transplants, i gotta make most of whatever grafts i can get. so i need an experienced person who has mastered the crown.

2. i really want to to able to cover the whole crown and get an aesthetically pleasing result, i understand it cannot be dense but the illusion of no hair loss back there is what I am going for.

Can't Decide - one question i have for you is, is the area of the crown that was left unfilled,

what was the reasoning behind that?

anyone have any crown work done by Wong that they can share with me.

also i am located in canada, so hence why rahal/HW make the most sense for me.

thanks.

thanks for the responses guys.

here are my main concerns.

1. with the crown being the black hole of hair transplants, i gotta make most of whatever grafts i can get. so i need an experienced person who has mastered the crown.

2. i really want to to able to cover the whole crown and get an aesthetically pleasing result, i understand it cannot be dense but the illusion of no hair loss back there is what I am going for.

Can't Decide - one question i have for you is, is the area of the crown that was left unfilled,

what was the reasoning behind that?

anyone have any crown work done by Wong that they can share with me.

also i am located in canada, so hence why rahal/HW make the most sense for me.

thanks.

It was intentionally left unfilled. The total area to cover in the crown was about 115 sq cm so to make sure the density was decent, I opted to cover about 80 and leave the rest untouched. IMO, this is better than trying to cover it all with lesser density. I am glad I did since the density in the area worked on is pretty good and I can live with a relatively small bald spot; especially coming rom NW6 territory :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

i think id prefer the lower density more/full coverage in the back.

I have a pretty large area to cover as well. i am hoping i can get enough grafts to get good coverage/ and reasonable density for a good cosmetic appearance. i am in the same boat, coming from nw5 getting back to nw1 is a success in my books as well.

my last transplant was a about a year ago, so ive seen how long it takes for the hair to grow in and mature.

the first one everyone though i just changed my hair style as i had a great comb over going for awhile or "grew my hair out" lol since it was such a gradual process, i would get double takes from ppl i hadn't seen in awhile tho. i am not sure what to expect this time around as my crown has been bare for years now. should be interesting no doubt.

the time away from being active and the gym is a killer. last time i took a solid 3 months off to be safe from anything. my scar is not bad, so i would probably do the same thing to be safe.

I had a great experience with Dr. Wong and will be returning to get my crown done sometime in the next year. Dr. Wong seems very skilled at crown work.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.