Planing HT Thailand in three months time .

First post .

I'm from Australia have been researching hair transplants / doctors as well as saving over three years . Going o/seas for first time to Thailand for three weeks . Mid August I'm near 99% sure to pick Suradej Pong in Chiang mai . As im going for three weeks is it best to get transplant in first week or last week . Im also going to get dental work . My local dentist told me I will need some crowns in future . Could these be done same week as HT . Thanks for advice .

I personally would go to someone more well-known and has more quality results than Pong... I know it is convenient to go because of the price and that you will be in the country anyway, but I feel there are better surgeons and grafts are finite and can never be reproduced(not right now anyway)..

I was considering going to Thai land to see dr path when I was looking for a ht first off as I'm

Also from Australia and wanted something close to home.

But I ended up going to see Dr Hakan Doganay in Turkey instead as I done further research you

Don't want to regret a HT so just make sure you research and check for proven results!

Guest snberhane21

Hey, I am in the same situation as you. I have finalised my decision for hair transplant based in Florida Clinic called (promotional link removed) check them out as it worth discussing with them on phone or skype? They have shown lots of patient with great results after hair surgery. If you have instagram - check (promotional link removed) - refer by Senay. I recommend you to build your research in florida for hair clinic. cos you dont have to stay three as it is one procedure and one good results.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for input guys .

As im going for three weeks is it best to get transplant in first week or last week . Im also going to get dental work . My local dentist told me I will need some crowns in future . Could these be done same week as HT . Thanks for advice .

btw ,i,m 50 years old nw 6 according to pictures sent to clinics . So require 5000 / 6000 graphs . First precedure perhaps 2500 /3000 graphs . As this will be front perhaps will be happy enough to stop then .

Edited by rusty63
further info

Haven't seen results or reviews from Dr.Path for a very long time. What's happened?

Rusty. Please get your dental work done first. You'll be in a world of hurt if you do HT first then dental 2nd. Do your HT in your final week if you intend to play. Once you get your HT and if its FUT you wont able to do much vigioros activities for at least 3-4 weeks.

I highly advise you to go to a recommended surgeon, and also listen to the advice of the two Mickeys above

for whatever reason some people ignore the advice to go with a recommended surgeon, and then come back here asking us to help them out in worse shape than when they started

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

where did you find the surgeon?

"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

definitely go to a recommended surgeon.. you wanna get the HT right the first time!!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Hi rusty63,

I am in a similar situation as you. I am also from Australia and considering HT with Dr Pong. I contacted him this week and booked an appointment mid August after researching him and others. Numerous people seem to be happy with his work and have a lot of nice things to say about him and his staff. It is hard to know weather I'm making the right decision but any surgery comes with risk.

If I were you I would get the dental work done first as the recovery time will be much less than HT surgery so you'll be in better shape rather than doing it the other way around.

Hope it all works out for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw Dr Pong last year in July and have had fantastic results with the 2992 grafts he extracted. I'm going back on August 22nd to have the crown done. Like you and everybody else I went through the usual worries but you'll see as soon as you walk in at how professional and clean everything is and the staff and your worries will soon disappear. ;)

The first 2-3 nights are quite uncomfortable (around the donor area) but after that it's not to bad. He give you all the necessary pain killers you need plus extra, depending on how much swelling you get (and how ugly you look lol :P ) you can go out and pretty much do normal things after the 2nd or 3rd day.

I remember when I had my stitches out (day 7) I booked tours like the white water rafting, quad biking and zip lining through the forest, it was fine and I had no problems at all. :cool:

There's a great little hotel/B&B literally about 50 meters from his surgery(great breakfast, clean, free wifi) which I stayed at and I'll be staying again. They said they get alot of Dr Pongs patients staying there. I'm also from Australia so if you're gonna be there around the same time as me maybe we can catchup for a beer and I can fill you in about my experience.

Either way all the best with yours and don't worry to much ;)

Hey all you Pong patients, it`d be great if you could share your progress and results with the community :) So far I`ve not seen a single result, but a few happy reports.

EDIT: The results on his homepage mostly are ok, but some look awkward and really bad imo.. On multiple before and after pics, the hairstyling misleads the uneducated observer. Good lighting though, large gallery, and honest pictures in general, which I give him credit for. He seems to be an "ok-doctor", being able to produce quite solid results from time to time. His newer results are better, but mostly still can`t compete with even average results from most recommended docs. FUT scars look outlandish partly and seem to destroy the natural flow of the the donor (wow, I`ve even seen a zig-zag patterned scar. Pretty entertaining). He`s definitely not a doctor I would warn people to go to, but there are many better options in the area.

Edited by Questionmark

Hi - Im from Australia and living in Chiang Mai, need any advice on hotels etc let me know, PM and i will give you my Thai Number

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

I saw Dr Pong last year in July and have had fantastic results with the 2992 grafts he extracted. I'm going back on August 22nd to have the crown done. Like you and everybody else I went through the usual worries but you'll see as soon as you walk in at how professional and clean everything is and the staff and your worries will soon disappear. ;)

The first 2-3 nights are quite uncomfortable (around the donor area) but after that it's not to bad. He give you all the necessary pain killers you need plus extra, depending on how much swelling you get (and how ugly you look lol :P ) you can go out and pretty much do normal things after the 2nd or 3rd day.

I remember when I had my stitches out (day 7) I booked tours like the white water rafting, quad biking and zip lining through the forest, it was fine and I had no problems at all. :cool:

There's a great little hotel/B&B literally about 50 meters from his surgery(great breakfast, clean, free wifi) which I stayed at and I'll be staying again. They said they get alot of Dr Pongs patients staying there. I'm also from Australia so if you're gonna be there around the same time as me maybe we can catchup for a beer and I can fill you in about my experience.

Either way all the best with yours and don't worry to much ;)

Thanks Johnny , will be there from 17th onwards booked in for Transplant 21st August . Be great too meet up . That bb/ hotel sounds good I haven't booked yet

Hi - Im from Australia and living in Chiang Mai, need any advice on hotels etc let me know, PM and i will give you my Thai Number

Thanks Sethticles will contact closer to lift off .