Onion Head

Ok Guys, Say what you like, But Ive been using RAW onion Juice on me head.

Ive been averaging one application a month, in the beginning Last September 2013 I was applying Onion Juice 1 x weekly.

I am heading to turkey as soon as Maral Klinik can book me up in the next month or so.

However, after having read some forums (Mainly Asian Indian comments and advice, takes about 6 months to begin to show results) on the internet about Onion Juice to stimulate hair follicles, I believe it has worked for me or is working for me.

The cost of an onion is almost nothing and I mash the onion and rub it over my head and leave it for 30-60 minutes then wash me hair out.

The old wives tales used to be 'Rub an onion on your head' to grow your hair back, well, some of this is true I believe and its Free so get started, you have nothing to loose.

For those who are beginning to lose hair I recommend you start asap as I believe the Sulpher in the Onion helps stimulate follicles....Dont over do it as the Sulpher from the onion can cause headache but follow the above and you might see results. but then what do I know.

Two Photos, one before and one after Onion use. I'm going back to once a week with onion juice.

Photos are always deceptive, but I can see the difference in the mirror from last September and it is working for me.

Good luck:)

17044.jpg.b5089eb208e9b1f4d5f282f55a72a205.jpg

Onion.jpg.ea9d048817cfb8dc648c481188416b09.jpg

Edited by britboy

Honestly the photos just look like you got out of bed in and and combed it in the other.

I doubt onion would work as natural options usually don't have the strength as medical stuff. Rubbing your head to feet bloodflow also stimulates the follicles, but minoxidil does it much better.

Same as saw palmetto and Pueraria mirifica or whatever being nowhere near as strong as Finasteride in reducing dht.

It might work -slightly- but I don't think it's worth doing in the long run

Not sure about the onion. I just feel like it would have been tried and studied before, but if it works for you, rock on. Are you still considering a transplant? Your hair really looks different from the front and styled. Had no idea your loss was that advanced.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Honestly the photos just look like you got out of bed in and and combed it in the other.

I doubt onion would work as natural options usually don't have the strength as medical stuff. Rubbing your head to feet bloodflow also stimulates the follicles, but minoxidil does it much better.

Same as saw palmetto and Pueraria mirifica or whatever being nowhere near as strong as Finasteride in reducing dht.

Hey, Thanks for the comments nice to have as much feedback on this as possible...

I triedhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil in the past and might as well have got drunk with the money I spent instead, that's how good it was for me. Maybe, Just maybe, different chemicals work differently on different people.

One photo was taken September last year 13 on holiday, the other was actually taken after I had prepared my hair for the day when I posted it and then combed over the opened area. From my perspective there are sufficient results to continue the application on onion juice once a week.

It costs nothing and for me it has some physical positive results. My family have also noticed the improvement, and Im pleased about it. As it is costs nothing and takes less than an hour I think its worth the try for others. Put it this way, You have Nothing to lose, only your hair by not trying:-)

I also ask this question, why do so many Indians (Asian) use onion to achieve some results, the forums suggest that in many cases there are improvements.

there ar emany blogs on google here's one.

Onion for hair growth

I'm into Maral Kilink in 4 weeks but will also continue with Onion juice when I have healed. ;) The forums on here and advice and knowledge I have gathered has been invaluable for my next procedure. I have made decisions for Maral based on positive results on here and from past experience and Budget. My main focus for the next procedure is to cover thinning areas. i will focus on improving my front hairline (Which is still not so bad), last of all.

I honestly believe that Maral Klinik is capable of filling thinning areas so Im going with this. Remember it also takes people to discover new surgeons or clinics in order to give further opportunity to others who do not always have money for the so called top surgeons. Filling my thinning areas I believe will be as satisfactory with Maral as with any other good surgery or surgeon. I hope:-)

If Maral can do a few hairs on front hairline or correct some micro plugs while i'm there then I will consider this at consultation, if nothing is done on front hairline this time I will find a surgeon who can then give me a super hairline as these will probably be my last one or two procedures, unless cloning hair becomes a reality. :-)

My photos are in my profile as I am today (excluding the new Onion results), so will start a forum when I have my procedure with Maral Klinik - Now booked for 22nd May 2014 - Flights have been purchased. 118 Pounds sterling from UK, They will collect me at Ataturk Airport Istanbul. Procedure cost 1750 Euros, no limit on grafts.

Edited by britboy

IGk you picked a good clinic. Where are you going to concentrate your grafts?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi,

Well, I want to use grafts I have for some thinning areas on the crown and to the sides. My front line is not bad, but if there are some spares will fill the hairline and also try to repair some old plugs.

I have limited grafts left but will keep going until they are all used:-) Hurry up cloning :-) !

I don't think it's 1750 euro for no limit, it's 1700 euro: 1500-2500 grafts, 1750 euro: 2600-3500 grafts, 1800 euro: 3600-4500 grafts. This is straight an email from them on Feb 3 2014. Unless they changed it very recently.

I paid 1750 euro($2400 something dollars) for 3000 grafts.

• 3 weeks later...

I was quoted 1750 euros No upper limit. Im booked in for 22nd May 2014, but this will all depend on how many donors I have left, so No upper limit may not be an issue anyway. however its hardly an issue between 1700-1800 Euros. Its when we are quoted 10,000 is when I worry :-) BTW, I continue to get positive results with my Onion pulp Juice once a week. Will post photos

On 26/04/2014 09:48, Tugrul Maral wrote:

> Hi ------------,

>

> OK 1750 euros for using max. safe upper limits of donor areas, no limitation for graft numbers.

>

> The price is all inclusive. It includes all post-operative medications, after-care shampoos and lotions, all transfers from and to the airport and transfers betweeen the hotel and the clinic, and up to 3 nights of hotel stay in one of our affiliated hotels near our clinic. We arrange transfers and hotel stay. You can find information about the hotels at: http://www.myrosehotel.com/index_eng.htm or http://www.leventotel.com/istanbul_otel_index_english.htm

> The hotels are new, good conditioned and comfortable. Our driver who will pick you up from the Airport speaks English and Deutsch.

>

> Price does not include flight fee. You will arrange your flights and you can take tickets for the most convenient days and times for you. You may arrive at any time and may use Ataturk or Sabiha Gokcen Airport. We will plan your operation according to your arrival and return times. Stay time 2 or 3 nights in İstanbul will be enough to complete the procedure and then you can safely flight back to your home. Even 1-night stay is possible and safe if you have limited time. You may return to your job and routine daily exercises 2 days after the procedure. You may go swimming and do any sports in one week.

>

> You may come any time, just book your flight tickets and send us copy or pictures of them,

>

> Regards,

> Dr. Maral

>

britboy,

Not trying to sabotage your goals and where you want grafts placed but from looking at your pics, the frontal zone is diffusing a great deal and any native hair in that frontal zone is going to be lost and probably sooner than you might think.

So the impending issue for you is will you want your frontal zone and a decent hairline in the coming years since we are all viewed from the front?

Your crown area is also going to progress with further loss and you could very well be left with an island of weak hair because you will never have enough grafts to gain any level of decent visual coverage. It's just too large of a surface area and will swallow up your limited donor. This is true for any of us who have that much crown loss.

You may want to consider concentrating your limited available grafts for the frontal zone and then maybe consider beard grafts of FUE and also from the sides (rim) of your scalp to address the lateral humps as you progress over the coming years.

Would just not want you to be regretful once your frontal zone goes but again it's your scalp and only you can make those decisions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

britboy,

Not trying to sabotage your goals and where you want grafts placed but from looking at your pics, the frontal zone is diffusing a great deal and any native hair in that frontal zone is going to be lost and probably sooner than you might think.

So the impending issue for you is will you want your frontal zone and a decent hairline in the coming years since we are all viewed from the front?

Your crown area is also going to progress with further loss and you could very well be left with an island of weak hair because you will never have enough grafts to gain any level of decent visual coverage. It's just too large of a surface area and will swallow up your limited donor. This is true for any of us who have that much crown loss.

You may want to consider concentrating your limited available grafts for the frontal zone and then maybe consider beard grafts of FUE and also from the sides (rim) of your scalp to address the lateral humps as you progress over the coming years.

Would just not want you to be regretful once your frontal zone goes but again it's your scalp and only you can make those decisions.

Thanks for that. Im done now as you can see. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175378-maral-klinik-britboy-22nd-may-2014-a.html

However, Dr Maral does not recommend beard transplant which is a complete opposite to Dogonay and Erdogen I think. Dr Maral says the beard leaves too much scaring. Would really appreciated feed back by those who have used Beard donor and whether there is any noticeable scaring...

Don't fancy the idea of losing me libido for the sake of more hair by using Finasteride or even getting anywhere near the chance of cancer from this drug or or maybe other side effects.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Sulphite in Minoxidil as against sulfur in onions, is there a connection? I think there is. Dr Maral has suggested the only recommended and approved drug is Minoxidil and does not recommend any thing else for use. I am going to try Minoxidil in addition to my hair transplants as i still have many fine long hairs over my vortex and crown. So will give this a go for 1 year.

Dr Maral did not recommend or suggest otherwise that i should or should not use it, but I will try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking any meds for hair loss is certainly not what any of us want however it's the DHT that is the source of the problem. Unless we can inhibit or block the DHT in our hair follicles and the sebum layer of our scalps, the progression of MPB will continue and we will lose more hair as a result.

Minoxidil does not inhibit DHT, but it can potentially improve hair shaft diameter and also rejuvenate new growth in some individuals.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY