Less than a month until hair transplant surgery, I have questions.

Hi, I have questions about preparing for the Hair transplant.

I have surgery with Dr Radha booked for the 21st of May. I've been recommended 2000-2500 grafts, and will probably need 2300-2500.

WHAT type of hat should I get for wearing post transplant? I leave 7 days post op and I need to safely conceal the surgery grafts and etc. I'm just not sure of the specific type of hat that's best for graft safety. Also, some tutorial somewhere of how to put it on safely to no damage the grafts (At the hairline) Would be great.

I've heard some people use baby shampoo after the surgery to wash the grafts, I doubt immediately post op, but if it's necessary I'd like to know what type.

I've already got some extra painkillers and a travel neck pillow for my head, is there anything else I need to get for preparation?

Thank you.

A loose fitting hat that sits on your ears with room on the top so that it doesn't touch the grafts is all you need. Think along the lines of an adjustable Baseball Cap - lots of open air on top. Just nothing that smooshes down on your head. Oh, and wear the Bill FORWARD....

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I personally plan to wear a light hoody when outside for the first two weeks post op, then use concealer/sunscreen afterwards. I'm getting temple point work done though so a baseball cap wouldn't really work (it would go over the temple area no matter what).

I tried to avoid sun exposure on my scalp for 6 months.

I used Regenix shampoo for the first month (it was provided by the clinic) you can read about it by Dr Mohebi (Hair Restoration Blog » Blog Archive Dr. Parsa Mohebi Reviews Regenix » Hair Restoration Blog)

I wore a cap for the first couple weeks after procedure, but I wore the hat somewhat awkardly (higher and less securely on my head than had I not had an HT procedure)

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I just had my surgery last week with Dr. Cooley (3,840 grafts). The grafts were wetted with a vitamin enriched solution and then covered with some plastic wrap held in place by a small piece of tape at the top of my forehead. They gave me a ball cap with an adjustable Velcro strap in the back to wear when I left.

Every hour thereafter I would lift the plastic wrap and spray the solution they provided on the graft area, I called it "watering the new grass". I was also told to wake every two hours for the first two nights and spray then too, as the first 3 days are the most critical.

They also gave me 3 or 4 surgeon caps to wear over the plastic wrap while I slept, and a plastic feeling pillow cover for my pillow.

Good luck!

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

I took a baseball cap with me to Turkey, but was paranoid it was or would touch the grafts. So we spent about 2 hours searching for a bandana which was much better.

I had a headband on, and the bandana tied around that.

I took a baseball cap with me to Turkey, but was paranoid it was or would touch the grafts. So we spent about 2 hours searching for a bandana which was much better.

I had a headband on, and the bandana tied around that.

The cool thing about a bandana is that you can make it as loose as necessary... as long as you are badass enough to pull the look off....

good job man.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.