propecia shedding

wb280

hey guys, i have a question hopefully u guys can help me out

i started on propecia in sept 2013, so it has been a good 7months as of now. I started with half a pill every 3 days for a month and currently i am consuming half a tablet everyday

Problem is even till now, i am quite sure i am thinning ( or shedding ) esp in the frontal zone where i had my 2 HTs done on

I know everyone reacts diff to the drug and so far i am very pleased as i had no side effects ( at least not that i know of ), however, can u guys chip in? Should i stop it altogether or i should continue and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel?

There is defn no logic that the very med used to slow down hair loss is actually accelerating it right??

cheers

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

What's probably more likely is that the dose you were taking was not sufficient enough to slow down your continued hair loss. Why half a pill (0.5mg?) every three days? The recommended dose for drug efficiency is 1mg per day.

I believe I am one who experiences something similar, where when I'm on Fin my transplanted hair starts to shed. I've noticed this twice now.

This is not because of DHT but rather I believe a hormonal imbalance caused by Fin which also causes the scalp to become very oily.

How is your scalp, dry or oily while on Fin?

Other things to consider are a possible seasonal shed, sheds from harsh shampoos and maybe some transplanted hairs cycling out to grow back later.

I would look at the health and condition of your scalp while on Fin, and your general health in general while on it.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Shacked, i am consuming half a tablet everyday now, and for the last 3 months

hsrp, my scalp is quite dry, possibly from the prolonged use of minox. I should be quite healty, i dun smoke and seldom drink and i work out all the time, i really do not think my general health is causing this

Anyway point is, do u guys think i shld throw in the towel and totally discountinue? or bash thru? I should think this is just the shedding phase but it has been 7 months and i can feel more bald than a couple months back, esp at the transplanted area

its really ridiculous to think that the very med thats supposed to slow down hair loss is actually making it worse, does it many any sense guys?

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I think seven months is enough if you're seeing a consistent pattern of sheds that affect even the transplanted hair. If it was just your native hair I would say try for at least one year, but seems not.

Give it a break for 1-2 months and closely watch how the rest of your hair is affected by not taking it. You can always restart later.

My first try was 2 1/2 years, with some nice hair growth cycles in between but also sheds along the way in the transplanted zone.

Second time on it I saw a shed of some transplanted hair after 3 months of dosage of four days a week. My case was marked by heavy oiliness on my scalp and forehead that subsided when stopping each time.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

hey sean! Hows things? :)

As u can see, finally i took the plunge with regards to the meds but alas, i have got the most conflicting results... My transplanted region looks much thicker 2 mths back! My shedding came mainly from the frontal aka recipent area and i am very perplexed

Its not me, everyone ard me is telling me the same thing so i am kinda confused whether i shld continue the med. Its sad that i am able to tolerate without any sides yet this happened

The shedding is probably the fin kicking in and your existing hair is shedding to make room for thicker and healthier hair now that you are on more of an appropriate dose.

I would stick with it for at least 3 more months on your current regime, especially if you are not having any other sides. Hope you are well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey Spanker, hows things? :)

Yup so far i do not experience any noticeable sides.. so its unfortunate that i have this weird pattern of shedding

I will continue and update u guys in another 3 months time!

If it's the Fin causing the loss, and if your native hair is not affected then try a low dose spaced out to see if things improve. I wouldn't up the dose at this time either.

go dense or go home

so far, i do not see any more loss in my native hair, only the transplanted hair esp the temples, thats the most obvious, u know its not just me when pple ard me start to say the same thing.

Maybe i shld take half a pill every other day. Do u guys think that this might balance out a bit? I know its tough to gauge...

I would take your current dosage once every 3 days, you can still stay on it this way and monitor how things go for the next months.

I'm thinking of restarting (dammit again! lol) on that very same dose.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

I would take you current dosage once every 3 days, you can still stay on it this way and monitor how things go for the next months.

I'm thinking of restarting (dammit again! lol) on that very same dose.

i agree that seems like a reasonable approach