Big Decision Taken with Dr Bhatti

Dear Forum members!

Firstly Amazing forum & thank you to all, passionate site viewers & responders to this forum. After viewing all the patient experiences & feedback that I got from this website, I have finally booked my HT procedure with Dr Tejinder Bhatti in May. Key factors that tilted me toward Dr Bhatti was

1) Seems to a good practitioner & ventran on this field, has some great experience since he has been doing this for several years now. A professional Dr by profession so should inherently have his patient & health in the forefront of whatever he does.

2) Spoke with Dr Bhatti with regards to the procedure & always is response via email was quick & even when I spoke with him verbally felt his response to be very realistic & not at all marketing (points like : will I have signs on my headline once the FUE is done & he said yes there will be some small signs visible from where the hair is extracted)

3) What I also liked is that Dr Bhatti has had mostly patients with good results & one or two bad patient results, now was was interesting the Dr has worked with these patients to resolve their issues by doing a second transplant FOC & the results are adequately posted by these patients themselves. Again such cases are a realistic view of what may happen in cases of HT surgeries you can always get odd cases of bad results but its the way how you handle & fix those cases that matter in the end.

4) Lastly & importantly the price being quoted I believe is fair, I mean I have seen lower costs & I have seen higher costs but I think Dr Bhatti's costs are fair vs what is out there.

NOW A QUESTION I HAVE FOR YOU ALL IN THIS FORUM IS,

Dr Bhatti has suggested close to 4000 grafts for me almost 3500-3700 from my head & the rest from my beard, with the transplant to be done over two days. I am not keen to use the hair from my beard & also I am not keen to have a two day surgery more keen on doing a single day transplant with a maximum of 3500 grafts.

What is your opinion, should I do only a single day surgery or should it extend to two days?

For me doing the maximum extraction in one day makes sense since I do not want to have all the anaesthetics & extraction done over two days since it pains the head twice & the pain of extract & strain on the head over two days would be more than one single day. What are your thoughts & opinion on this???

Appreciate your comments & feedbacks?

Thanks

Robz

He did 3700 fue all from my head in February. It was finished by 6pm but we had a delayed start and there was another patient in the afternoon so his resources were spread out..so it could have been finished earlier.

Personally, I would follow his recommendation otherwise you will probably end up having to go back for a follow up procedure.

Thanks Schmookie for your feedback, how was your experience of the transplant with DR Bhatti, how many transplants were done on day 1 & how many in day 2.

Did you experience the same extent of pain on both days or was day one more painful that day two or vice versa.

Please share more information on how your surgery results is so far, would be very good to hear of that. Any points you want me to keep in mind while going for the surgery with Dr Bhatti?

Do not worry too much about the number of days….. Your HT is a permanent change thus do whatever is required to get the best possible result.

My recommendation on beard hair - go ahead with it! It adds tremendous density to the hairline :)

"Lastly & importantly the price being quoted I believe is fair, I mean I have seen lower costs & I have seen higher costs but I think Dr Bhatti's costs are fair vs what is out there."

Someone posted that Bhatti charges only $1.40 per graft FUE. That is the cheapest FUE I ever heard of. Who is cheaper?

"Lastly & importantly the price being quoted I believe is fair, I mean I have seen lower costs & I have seen higher costs but I think Dr Bhatti's costs are fair vs what is out there."

Someone posted that Bhatti charges only $1.40 per graft FUE. That is the cheapest FUE I ever heard of. Who is cheaper?

There's cheaper doctors than Dr Bhatti but they don't have his credentials.

Dr. Maral, who's patients results you can see on this site by the patients themselves, about 10 of them maybe, charges 1700 euros($2340) for 1500-2500 grafts, 1750 euro($2410) for 2600-3500 grafts, and 1800 euro($2480) for 3600-4500 grafts FUE. The prices are all inclusive, 3 free nights at hotel, post op meds, shampoos and lotions, driver pick-up from and to airport and from and to hotel, and of course from and to the clinic. There are apparently no hidden fees. Pretty good deal, the patients seem to get decent results, except for 1. Only downside is Dr Maral does not have the credentials of Dr Bhatti, who's ISHRS, IAHRS, AHA recommended. I would not let that scare me away, I would look at the patient results and judge from there.

Oh by the way, $1.40/graft is for the premium package, he actually charges $1.20 standard price. So if you would get 2500 grafts at premium package, that is $3,500, if you get it at standard pack, that is $3,000. 20 cent difference doesn't seem like much, but it does make a $500 dollar difference in this example. Those extra $500 could be used for your flight or hotel stay ($55 a night) and driver.

Hi Shane13,

Thank you for your feedback, infact your experience with Dr Bhatti was really an eyeopener to the reality that sometimes things can go wrong, but its how you fix it that matters.

In terms of doing the surgery over two days vs one, I feel the logic is very simple. If you do the surgery over one day the strain on your head with regards to the extracting & implantation of grafts would be far lesser vs going through the same pain the second day as well. This is one of the reasons why I am not keen to do the surgery for additional day just for another 300 or 400 grafts.

How was your experience, doing the sugery over two days, did you feel too much pain when you had to go through day 1's experience all over again on day 2 as well.

Now with regards to the cost as posted by Olmert, believe me there are whole lot HT surgeons out there that does it way cheaper that Dr Bhatti, I know of 4-5 surgeons in Dubai who do it at 50% the cost of Dr Bhatti (including travel & accomdation charges). Internationally as well, Dr such as Demisroy does it at the cost of 1EUR (but accomdation charges are included in it & plus Turkey is easier to travel vs Chandigargh) so definately my priority has been not the cost alone, its definately one of the important factors (since I dont want to break my bank) but I also am keen to put my head under the right practitioner.

Hopefully everything goes as per plan & I do plan to keep this community updated of my progress.

Thanks

Hi Shane13,

Thank you for your feedback, infact your experience with Dr Bhatti was really an eyeopener to the reality that sometimes things can go wrong, but its how you fix it that matters.

In terms of doing the surgery over two days vs one, I feel the logic is very simple. If you do the surgery over one day the strain on your head with regards to the extracting & implantation of grafts would be far lesser vs going through the same pain the second day as well.

How was your experience, doing the sugery over two days, did you feel too much pain when you had to go through day 1's experience all over again on day 2 as well.

I am glad that my experience helped you shortlist your doctor of preference :)

I only had single day sessions for both my surgeries. But I met people at his clinic with 3000+ grafts spread over 2 days. I suggest if you are not too keen for the surgery spilling over to 2 days you should request the doc and I am sure he'll accomodate..... just push back a little ;)

Some doctors don't want to pay what this website charges for being recommended. It is also possible, though I think unlikely, that the website's owner doesn't think Dr. Bhatti is good enough for a recommendation.

Why is Dr Bhatti not recommended here?

This has been discussed in the following thread.

Dr. Bhatti For Coalition Membership?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

^^^^^^^^ Wow, I don't see why anyone would go to Bhatti after Bill wrote:

"After garnering private input and various*concerns*from several physicians recommended by our community, we've decided not to present Dr. Bhatti for potential recommendation at this time.* . . . .

Before presenting Dr. Bhatti for potential recommendation on this forum, we sought the input of our physicians. Given that many leading physicians expressed various confidential concerns about potentially recommending him (including but not limited to the concerns listed above), we've chosen not to recommend him at this time. . . .

several leading physicians recommended by this community have come to me in confidence with additional concerns [on Dr. Bhatti] having nothing to do with FUE versus FUT. . . .

I will not openly discuss all the concerns brought to my attention. I can tell you however, that it has nothing to do with competition."

These words cast a great shadow of doubt. If all Bhatti did was make misleading claims on FUE, I would still go to Bhatti. I have read enough about FUE, so that I would not be misled.

But physicians rejected Bhatti for other reasons that are secret. Do these secret reasons make it less likely that I will get a good transplant? Is his office not sterile? It is safest to assume the worst when there is a secret.

Edited by olmert

Hey Olmert,

Actually I tend to diss agree with your opinion, various factors for that

1) Dr Bhatti is very highly recommended by a lot of autonomous agencies & forums such as IAHRS, Hairsite,ISHRA, American Hair Loss association, Baldtruth.com, HairTransplant Consultancy Group & many others as well. Are you telling me that all these associations & bodies are cukkoo to recommend Dr Bhatti & we should only give value to this sites recommendation?

2) I think Bill himself made it very clear, the reason Dr Bhatti is not being recommended is due to the way he is pushing & perhaps even marketing FUE vs other Doctors out there who push forward FUE as well as FUT. Maybe some truth in this, but that does not mean that his work should not be appreciated or acknowledged & his work on patients should not be overlooked, just cause this site does not recommend him.

3) By the way some of the Doctors recommended here especially from India if you notice, have half the nos of real time patient experience feedbacks coming in for their doctors vs Dr Bhatti's where patients are by themselves coming to this forum & sharing their experiences both good & bad. While some of their FUE transplant charges are as expensive as Dr Rahal based in canada operating from a very expensive country (please investigate the prices yourselves). The pricing being quoted does not make sense & I think this is where Dr Bhatti has been smart/logical in his pricing.

4) Look at Shane13's own experience, he has shared with us both the good & bad of his surgery with Dr Bhatti, his story has really been motivating.

At the end of day, personally I feel Dr Bhatti is great doctor, based on his credentials, recommendations, patient feedbacks so far received & I am not going to base my decision just on this site or a few competing doctors not approving his practise to be recommended here.

I think Bill himself made it very clear, the reason Dr Bhatti is not being recommended is due to the way he is pushing & perhaps even marketing FUE vs other Doctors out there who push forward FUE as well as FUT.

False. Bill says the exact opposite. Bill writes “several leading physicians recommended by this community have come to me in confidence with additional concerns [on Dr. Bhatti] having nothing to do with FUE versus FUT.”

Bhatti's misleading FUE statements do not discourage me from going to him. But the other doctor’s secrets about Bhatti that have nothing do with FUE statements could mean something really, really bad.

I think this may have to do then more with the cost being charged by the other surgeons which by the way are very similar when u compare surgons being recommended by this forum. Perhaps this could be one of the reasons or what is the other so called secret out that does not let Dr Bhatti to be recommended by this forum when every other hair related forum/body out there seems to recommend him. What are we missing out here ?

I think this may have to do then more with the cost being charged by the other surgeons.

False. Bill writes "I will not openly discuss all the concerns brought to my attention. I can tell you however, that it has nothing to do with competition."

What are we missing out here ?

I don't know what secret the doctors are telling about Bhatti.

There are a lot of things that patients would not realize and only other doctors would, so having happy patients does not mean these secrets are false.

Edited by olmert

Olmert,

The concerns physicians recommended by our community shared with me regarding Dr. Bhatti's potential recommendation had to do with the way he's previously conducted his business. The issues weren't related to his clinic, patient concerns nor his results. Concerns include the way he was hyping the benefits of FUE over strip and how he's conducted himself in the overall physician community in the past.

That said, much of this may have changed and I will most likely be having private conversation with some of these physicians again to see how things have changed. In my opinion, Dr. Bhatti's work and results look good. Thus, if some of these previous concerns have been resolved, we can once again consider him for potential recommendation.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...