I never realized so many people are having hair transplants

Leeson

From the chatter on this forum, it makes you think that any male out at the mall may of had hair restoration. Yes, maybe even that cat making your sandwich at Subway.

I've noticed Bosley has been advertising like crazy where I live. I see a TV ad by them at least 3x a day.

With so many undergoing the knife, it still seems forboden to speak of it, like a dirty little secret.

So the next time you run into an old friend you haven't seen in a while and you can't quite put your finger on what's changed about him, instead of, "have you lost weight," come right out and say, "you've had a hair transplant." He'll be so relieved to have it off his chest, he'll thank you and might even treat you to a meal.

Just a thought.

From the chatter on this forum, it makes you think that any male out at the mall may of had hair restoration. Yes, maybe even that cat making your sandwich at Subway.

I've noticed Bosley has been advertising like crazy where I live. I see a TV ad by them at least 3x a day.

With so many undergoing the knife, it still seems forboden to speak of it, like a dirty little secret.

So the next time you run into an old friend you haven't seen in a while and you can't quite put your finger on what's changed about him, instead of, "have you lost weight," come right out and say, "you've had a hair transplant." He'll be so relieved to have it off his chest, he'll thank you and might even treat you to a meal.

Just a thought.

Leeson,

I had to chuckle reading your post, partly due to it's humorous undertone but mostly because it's probably true. Hair transplants are becoming more popular and thanks to the advancements in technique, they're virtually undetectable in the right surgical hands.

Unfortunately, the majority of the world still think of hair transplants as the old plugs. As a result, Im not so sure I'd be thrilled if someone came out and asked me if I had a hair transplant. I'd wonder if something looked unnatural to them.

Frankly, only a select few (that has increased over time) know about my hair transplant - or at least, know based on the fact that I told them.

But I'm reconsidering the philosophy of silence especially since if those who lost weight are thrilled when people notice, why shouldn't we be thrilled if people notice we restored our hair? :-)

Bill

Hairloss and our battle to fight it should be out in the open. For whatever reason, our society has placed a very unmanly stigma about "bald men" in general, especially the lengths we go to cover up our baldness, including hair transplantation.

I have known, dated, and I am related to, many women who have undergone plastic surgery. It is very accepted for women to have breast implants, tummy tucks, etc... and be very open about it.

But, generally speaking, these are areas of the body women want others to notice (I know, insert you best "big boob" jokes here)

As guys, we do not want people to "notice" our hair---quite the contrary, we want people NOT to notice our baldness..which is something altogether different.

We need more men to be open about this issue, having great HT's and wearing great pieces/systems, or doing nothing at all... because everything is shrouded in secrecy..it prevents the passage of knowledge to those who are not interested in HT's from understanding that there are tremendous results from the methods I have described above.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I have known, dated, and I am related to, many women

Is this legal in the US? icon_eek.gif

Good to see you back B-Spot.

The idea that having an HT is somehow embarrassing is in our own minds. I didn't keep it a secret at all, 94.7%* of the reaction is fascination / positive, some see it as vain but who cares?!

By not keeping it a secret takes so much pressure off (especially in the early days). I wore a baseball cap for a few weeks but people were always asking for a "peek".

If your teeth fall out it wouldn't be embarrassing to say you are going to have implants? I always said that I have not had anything enhanced, simply restored.

Tubs

* I made that bit up

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

I think most keep it a secret and I suppose for good reason. However, I agree with Tubs that it would help take the pressure off while you're dealing with post op recovery if people knew. Not flash it on a billboard but tell those who are in front of you day to day. I would think most would be positive. If they are not, then they are likely not worth having in your life anyway. The same people who would think badly of you for having a HT are the same people who would make you feel bad for balding in the first place. Better for them to make fun of your great new hair then your balding head icon_smile.gif

Tubs: Can you share any negative reactions you may have had by telling people?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452