For anybody unsure about Minoxidil and if it works....

MyNameIsRich

I can assure you that it definitely does do some marvellous things regarding hair.

I'm sure this isn't anything new to everybody on here, but there is another forum online for beards (I can't remember the name and don't think i'm allowed to hotlink anyway, but just google beard minoxidil), and the one thread on this site is almost 10 years old, with 100s of pages.

I'm 24 next week, and have pretty shitty luck when it comes to facial hair, it's here and there, but not enough of it. After reading said thread, and seeing how much fast hair some people were getting, I decided to give it a go...

For a few months I'd been applying 1ml once a day, or every few days... it seemed to do a little, but when i stopped using it, the hair went.

About a month and a half ago, I decided to commit to this experiment full force, applying 1ml twice a day, like you would on your head for hairloss. The results are amazing. I have about twice as much facial hair, all over, I couldn't even grow a hint of a moustache before, and now it's there in all it's glory.

But it doesn't stop there, when i'm in the bathroom and I look in the mirror, with the bright lights from above, i can see hundreds of little, white/yellow 'velus' hairs on my face, and those are the hairs that are sure to come in the next few months.

Figured this would be interesting for those of you who aren't too sure if minoxidil is doing anything for you :)

• 4 weeks later...
Not surprising since they advise women not to use the 5% kind because of possible facial hair growth. Question though, have you noticed any puffiness or swelling in the face?

i haven't but everyone responds different.

Not surprising since they advise women not to use the 5% kind because of possible facial hair growth. Question though, have you noticed any puffiness or swelling in the face?

No, it dries my skin out pretty badly sometimes, and flakes off when i rub my hands on my face, but this is easily treated. i just put some moisturiser on, about 30 minutes to an hour after it has dried.

I like it, as annoying as it is to apply, I have seen results.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

• 1 month later...

I've found the easiest way 'for me' to apply (& guys, I only spend a minute doing this!), is to empty the Min into a little spray bottle (like the travel ones with the pump action spray nozzle ) & give my head a few sprays first thing in the morning and in the evening (so twice a day).

I massage it into my scalp with my finger tips and then 'thoroughly' wash my hands (don't want werewolf hands!! Ha ha!).

Job Done - Easy!

(Using it 3 years now & really positive results Gents).

That stuff is poison. I t will peak at about 6 months and gradually stop working and you'll be stuck slapping this discusting stuff on your hair for life. You be back to baseline or below within a year or two. Or at least that's wht happen to me. Plus the added wrinkles and hold looking skin. I hate minox with a passion

You have to be careful what to buy- I used to use one that I bought online & it used to make my scalp pink. I know someone that used to apply the same stuff & as it used to trickle on his forehead a little, which caused a few bumps. Look like spots, which only appeared after he used mino.

I found the rogaine foam less harsh & no redness when applied. In the end I gave up on it & just had a transplant.

Seems each individual has a different experience to tell. Mine is positive & I don't find it difficult nor messy to deal with in the three plus years I've been using it.

All one can do is 'try' it and decide for oneself I guess :)

• 1 month later...
I've found the easiest way 'for me' to apply (& guys, I only spend a minute doing this!), is to empty the Min into a little spray bottle (like the travel ones with the pump action spray nozzle ) & give my head a few sprays first thing in the morning and in the evening (so twice a day).

I massage it into my scalp with my finger tips and then 'thoroughly' wash my hands (don't want werewolf hands!! Ha ha!).

Job Done - Easy!

(Using it 3 years now & really positive results Gents).

What kind of results?