My HT story - 2000grafts Dr Farjo, 6000+ Dr Hasson 4 years post op

Aftermath

I started losing hair around 18, at 26 i decided to look into HT. I kinda jumped into the first procedure, choosing A Manchester surgeon based on his work with minor UK celebrities, he transplanted 2000 grafts via FUT, the survival rate was pretty good to be fair, the problem was more that after a year when they had grown in the result was mediocre at best (I still had diffuse thinning) and he said that was the best that could be done with modern day HTs!! I'd started on propecia just before the surgery and he told me I'd be fine if i kept taking this (to be fair propecia has helped a lot... I've had no significant hair loss since taking it although its not grown any back).

Before I'd went back to Manchester for a 1year review i'd already been researching other surgeons and had actually already booked myself in with Dr Hasson the following month! So in 2007 i had the first of 3 procedures with him, I had one in 2007 to restore thickness throughout the front and mid scalp approx 4000 grafts, one in 2008 to do work on the temple areas appprox 2000 grafts, and one last year which i haven't got pictures for to address the crown (notice on the view from the top the slight thinning of the crown).

so the Hasson post op pics are after the 2 surgeries (approx 6000 in total) and before the final procedure (1000 grafts to the crown - taking the total to around 9000 grafts). the pics are taken 4 years after the second surgery with Dr Hasson,

Pre op Pics

0_zpscb037b79.jpg

2_zps2c17f12c.jpg

3_zpsfe9eaf2c.jpg

4_zps5c1f349f.jpg

Manchester 1 Year post op 2000 graft pics (As far as Dr Farjo was willing to go at age 26)

13_zpsa1d7a99f.jpg

9_zps6322b553.jpg

12_zpsd95693bb.jpg

11_zpsf93e3716.jpg

10_zps51244e0b.jpg

Hasson 6000 grafts 4 years post op pics

19_zps467941d8.jpg

14_zpsceccb52c.jpg

this thinning at the crown has since been addressed, I'm 1year post op from the crown procedure and now have no thinning

17_zps9469ec5b.jpg

16_zps2f14d11b.jpg

18_zps3ef36a07.jpg

15_zps0ef4ce12.jpg

as stated I've had further 1000 grafts into the crown since these, Dr Hasson estimates another 2000 grafts available via strip with probably another 1000-2000 available via FUE when I'm stripped out (Dr has son didn't estimate FUE numbers I'm just guessing). I had been toying with the idea of around 1000 in the hairline just to refine the shape but I'm undecided as of yet as i realise theres only a finite amount of grafts.

Even when I'm directly under a light you can see no scalp though any part of my hair, the end result is pretty damn dense and at 33 i have better hair than at 18!!

Edited by Aftermath

Congrats! Looking really good. I honestly don't think you need any more grafts in the front. I reckon you can kick back and enjoy your hair and save the money for a few years down the road (if needed).

Congrats! Looking really good. I honestly don't think you need any more grafts in the front. I reckon you can kick back and enjoy your hair and save the money for a few years down the road (if needed).

Thanks for the response! I'm pretty happy 2b fair, dr Hasson is a complete legend IMO

Edited by Aftermath

looking very solid, I wouldn't mess with a good thing.

the pics seem to indicate a relatively thick head of hair that is easy to style

what dosage of Propecia are you on btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

looking very solid, I wouldn't mess with a good thing.

the pics seem to indicate a relatively thick head of hair that is easy to style

what dosage of Propecia are you on btw?

Yeah mate it's pretty thick, just takes a couple of mins 2 style, don't need any intricate combing!lol my scalp is not visible at all since the crown was also addressed. I'm very happy, as for propecia I'm just on the standard dose boots prescribe 1mg daily I believe... I could be wrong though. Considering I'm now almost 6 years post op from the main Hasson op it's holding up tremendously! I highly recommend dr Hasson to any1 considering a ht

I have been toying with the idea of around 1000 in the hairline just to refine and soften the shape but I'm undecided as of yet

Your hair looks great Aftermath and I would save whatever hair you have left in your donor supply for a rainy day. Your hair may/may not thin for example in 10/20 years time so the spare grafts will come in handy ;)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 2 months later...

I just noticed this post and would say that you have had an excellent result. Temple points look great too.

Edit: Wow. 9k grafts in total! That is pretty amazing too. You must have had excellent density and laxity. That is pretty amazing to have another 2k in the bank.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I just noticed this post and would say that you have had an excellent result. Temple points look great too.

Edit: Wow. 9k grafts in total! That is pretty amazing too. You must have had excellent density and laxity. That is pretty amazing to have another 2k in the bank.

Thanks mate! Yeah I'm very happy in all honesty, I also had the slight thinning in the front part of the crown addressed in dec 2012. My laxity is apparently very good! Like I said dr Hasson estimated another 2000, another doc also estimated a further 2000 after that via FUE so potentially another 4000! I am considering beard/body hair FUE next year to fill in the scar so I can cut my hair closer, although I wasn't sure if I should take advantage of maybe 1000-1200 grafts via another strip before I fill in the strip scar, as when it's filled in I won't really want another strip:/ I wouldn't lower the hairline just flatten it out slightly as it's a slight M shape at the moment so it prevents the slashed back look which I'd quite like as a styling option!

what do you guys think about this proposed hairline? like i said, ultimately i want beard/body hair FUE into the scar.

I have 2000 available via strip and 1500-2000 after that via FUE.

Before i fill in the scar does it make sense to use up 1000-1200 for this proposed hairline as when the strip scar is filled i won't have further strip, that'll still leave me with 2000 grafts for future loss via FUE. Keep in mind 90% of the hair on my head is already transplanted hair (9k grafts).

I don't think this hairline is aggressive, i just want the option to wear my hair back as at the moment it looks great styled the way it is but slashed back its noticeably receded. Input would be appreciated as I'm really unsure whether to get this, or simply just leave as is and fill in the scar.

**although i drew near the temple points, i probably wouldn't touch thees, i was just experimenting!**

IMG_6138_zps1e1f6e58.jpg

IMG_6126_zps39ff0617.jpg

IMG_6137_zpsfcb72a98.jpg

IMG_6132_zps19fb7ff6.jpg

IMG_6130_zps701eea46.jpg

IMG_6125_zpsd168d679.jpg

love your temple points , temple points plays a major role in framing a man's face , i know coz i have lost them.

how these fue scars look like ?

I haven't had FUE yet mate, just debating whether to have them in the strip scar i have

what do you guys think about this proposed hairline? like i said, ultimately i want beard/body hair FUE into the scar.

I have 2000 available via strip and 1500-2000 after that via FUE.

Before i fill in the scar does it make sense to use up 1000-1200 for this proposed hairline as when the strip scar is filled i won't have further strip, that'll still leave me with 2000 grafts for future loss via FUE. Keep in mind 90% of the hair on my head is already transplanted hair (9k grafts).

I don't think this hairline is aggressive, i just want the option to wear my hair back as at the moment it looks great styled the way it is but slashed back its noticeably receded. Input would be appreciated as I'm really unsure whether to get this, or simply just leave as is and fill in the scar.

**although i drew near the temple points, i probably wouldn't touch thees, i was just experimenting!**

IMG_6138_zps1e1f6e58.jpg

IMG_6126_zps39ff0617.jpg

IMG_6137_zpsfcb72a98.jpg

IMG_6132_zps19fb7ff6.jpg

IMG_6130_zps701eea46.jpg

IMG_6125_zpsd168d679.jpg

see your before pictures when you had no hairs and see your current pictures with transplanted hairs , i think the answer you will get , dude you got hell lot of hairs as compared to before ht pictures , you should be happy with these and dont be greedy , and save these 2000 grafts for mid section or crown for future , i think no more hairs needed in front .

you have got a new look so enjoy .

peace ,

akash

see your before pictures when you had no hairs and see your current pictures with transplanted hairs , i think the answer you will get , dude you got hell lot of hairs as compared to before ht pictures , you should be happy with these and dont be greedy , and save these 2000 grafts for mid section or crown for future , i think no more hairs needed in front .

you have got a new look so enjoy .

peace ,

akash

I know mate, i've come real far, TBH though most of the mid scalp is transplanted hair as is the front part of the crown, i suppose it is just hair greed thats why i wanted 2 get opinions, my standpoint is that even with 1000 in the hairline, worst case scenario I'd still have 1000 more i could get from a further strip and 2000 from FUE, plus theres beard and body hair, add that to the fact that medication has stabilised my hair since 2007, thats the only reason I'm even considering it. Don't get me wrong I'm happy at the moment but the styling options are more limited than the'd be if the hairline were straighter! Looking at your profile pic u have great hair anyway mate

100 percent leave it as currently is. You don't know where your hair will be in the next 3,5,10, 15, 20 years in the worst case scenario.

I understand why the thoughts go through your mind to square off the hairline more and I think if you had more donor left, there would be a stronger argument for it.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

100 percent leave it as currently is. You don't where your hair will be in the next 3,5,10, 15, 20 years.

I understand why the thoughts go through your mind to square off the hairline more.

I know mate, its tough because as your hair improves your expectations get higher, I've just always wanted a flatter hairline ever since my hairloss started and i was just thinking 1000 grafts really isn't much:/ the main problem for me is that i feel i have to comb my hair in such a way to hide the recessed hairline, i'd just prefer to not have 2 do this... this is is the last part of my hair i still feel (a little) self conscious about!

also 9000+ grafts is more than most people are able to get and I've already have that, my final number would be more like 13000, after a 1000 procedure I'd still have 3000 grafts available.... so tempting:/

If your hair stayed as it was as you got older and loss was minimal, I would say go for it. That is just my opinion. I understand why you say that as it would be like the icing on the cake but you also have to remember where you have come from in the past and if it deteriorated, you would be ever so grateful you had that extra allowance to use. One of the biggest problems in hair loss that causes so much anxiety is no one really knows where their baldness will end up and what rate it will progress if it does. All we can go on is the known indicators.

If your hair stayed as it was as you got older and loss was minimal, I would say go for it. That is just my opinion. I understand why you say that as it would be like the icing on the cake but you also have to remember where you have come from in the past and if it deteriorated, you would be ever so grateful you had that extra allowance to use.

Thanks for the input mate! your results are great BTW! how many follicles do u think were wasted with your UK procedure? it says you had 2 ops, how many were transplanted each time? and who did the work? Feller did a fantastic job repairing it you head of hair at the moment is simply fantastic!