How to tell loved ones.

Bronte

So after researching for 4 years and getting cold feet 3 times I have finnaly made a booking with Dr haken doganay.Im determined to do it this time..The Travel is a long way 30 hours flying time!so its very daunting,but the most difficult thing for me is telling my unsupportive fianc? that I'm about to jump on a plane for 30 hours and have a hair transplant.she is going to flip out.I was just wandering what you guys told your loved ones about travelling os for a hair transplant?

Alison you know I love you and I know you want to see me happy and one of the way you could do that is by showing understanding that I must do this to boost my self confidence and I know you want me to feel happy and not depressed whenever I look in to the mirror

Best of luck "Bronte"! I had mine done in Sept. of 2012 and I'm so glad I did! So many people think I look so much younger! I'm glad you're on the road (or in this case... in the air) to new hair! 30 hours in the air???? WOW!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It can be a very difficult thing. My gf at the time noticed I had been hiding something and actually thought I was cheating on her! Ha! So I had to tell her that I wasnt sneaking around calling other girls but actually Doctor offices lol. At first she didnt understand why I had been hiding it but eventually she saw my view and was supportive. Hopefully your fiance understands this is something that is important to you and will make you happy.

Having surgery is not like getting your teeth whitened. I can imagine your fiance being pissed that you didn't tell her about flying to Turkey to get this done. Better to get the cards on the table, if you feel the need to hide this from her you guys are in trouble no offense.

BEFORE you confirm anything the first talk you need to have is with her. If she is completely unsupportive then you will be choosing between being a hair transplant patient or her. A hair transplant is permanent and something she will see every time she looks at you, good or bad. If she is not on board and is against it then I highly recommend you pull the plug, no pun intended.

This could be devastating to your future as a couple. Not only because of the physical change but also the medication that you will need to take for the rest of your life. It is a very big commitment. I am an advocate of hair transplants, but ONLY in the right circumstances and based on the facts you provided you do not have the right circumstances at this time.

Besides, if she is happy with you the way you are maybe you can rethink the process in general and find happiness in your current state. I think hair transplants from talented doctors, like your choice, can be a good move for a lot of people but it can also be a devastating, life altering choice if the circumstances aren't right. Hope that helps you and future patients in their decisions. This is not something you hide from a spouse or future spouse and you should consult with them before consulting a doctor.

Hi Bronte .....

It is a difficult thing to have to tell others what you are doing but I feel sure that if you explain how your hair troubles really make you feel then I am sure that she may well understand. Women do have difficulty understanding the way that hair loss can affect a persons confidence - but hopefully, she can see it as a good thing that will make your life happier as she is hoping to do so by marrying you.

My wife was supportive knowing that if it made me feel better to do something - then she was happy knowing that I was feeling happier. Mind you I had quite a horror story with bad scarring from an early FUT but am addressing that right now with FUE.

Pepe ....

Hey there Bronte,

Though not knowing the full extent of your personal affairs, than what you have briefly shared among us, any Lady whom is worth cherishing and holding onto is one that is able to place herself in the same mindset, should the shoe be on the other foot, where either partner was facing the emotions of hair loss.

I can assure you if it was your Lovely Lady in your life facing this traumatic experience she would no doubt be beside herself with anxiety and anguish, so I trust she is fully understanding of your decision, for starters it well ultimately make you a happier person inside which in-turn well shed that happiness her way, so it becomes a two fold boomerang affect both your ways.

However I would never take a trip like that without sharing with her exactly what you must do for yourself in order to feel a better person inside pertaining to happier.

Also there is the medicinal approach to hair-loss with topical and oral medication or there is the Herbal based alternatives of trial and yet to be proven.

Myself the other have two many side effects I don't care for, so recently researching in my Country I have come across such a formulation I intend to take for 6 months to see if indeed my crown area at least thickens up and the added bonus naturally should that be the case would be the areas between my older operations of yesterday. Either way it well be interesting days ahead what the following ingredients achieve.

These are the ingredients I have just started on.

He shou wu,

Saw Palmetto Extract

Ginkgo Biloba Extract

Panax Ginseng Extract

Gotu Kola Extract

Nettle Root Extract

Bon-voyage and happy times ahead for you with the right Doctor at the helm

Rick

Tell her the brutal truth on how this affects you, if she accepts it and understands then you have nothing to worry about. If she does not understand well then only you can decide what to do from there.... I would suggest you sit her down and tell her everything but understand that she may have insecurities as well that she is not addressing or just ignoring. People deal with things differently, your fiance may just not see your hair loss as a issue as you do. Or she may feel cheated that you may be taking your (yours and hers) time and money to treat something that only "you" care about. She may be thinking that money or time would be better off to start a family, buy a home, a car... etc... You are about to embark on a journey, marriage, that means you are both married as one.

I hope you find your answer but the common theme here from all the members is the same, TRUTH...

You only live once...

• 2 weeks later...

She may not think you need the procedure but I am sure she will be supportive of your feelings that you need it for yourself. Just tell her- you may be surprised about how supportive she is. My loved ones supported me very much when I scheduled my procedure and were very happy for me when they saw the positive outcome it had in many aspects of my life. Honestly, she will also be reaping the benefits when her future husband (you) come out of this in a year or so being happier and more confident. Just be honest with her!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.