detect a hair transplant

I think the only people who would think you might of had hair work done(if done well)are on here, not in the street. some one who has a very big interest in HTs. ie some one who wants something done or has had some thing done!

So dont worry.

I think the only people who would think you might of had hair work done(if done well)are on here, not in the street. some one who has a very big interest in HTs. ie some one who wants something done or has had some thing done!

So dont worry.

I don't know how to say but I feel worried, someone who could see pics of ht patients who get a hair transpalnt could doubt on me! how it is possible that you just seeing pics of hts could reveal it? I mean according to me someone who has not a lot of hairloss and did the ht is very difficult to identify as ht veteran? it is related to the density of hair?

would it mean the same to see people who had ht in the street ? and become expert on it?

sorry so much again AND I HOPE THAT I'M NOT BOTHERING YOU SO MUCH, I WANT TO LISTEN MORE OPINIONS AS POSSIBLE

Edited by lessthanme

I would say the overwhelming majority of hair transplant cases performed by top-notch doctors are not detectable by the public.

I had that feeling when I was a Hair Club member for a short while, but I have absolutely zero feeling that anyone ever looks at me and thinks "he had a hair transplant". It just is not an issue at all with me. Nada, zilch, never....

Of course each patient can have a unique balding pattern, and if a doctor is chosen that does not plan for the future as far as future hair loss down the road, then yes I suppose a patient could at some point not look natural. I fear that some of the young guys (early 20's) that really don't have a serious hair loss problem yet, but start eating up their donor supply at an early age chasing a teenage dense-packed hairline are the ones that could end up looking un-natural in their 40's-50's.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I would say the overwhelming majority of hair transplant cases performed by top-notch doctors are not detectable by the public.

I had that feeling when I was a Hair Club member for a short while, but I have absolutely zero feeling that anyone ever looks at me and thinks "he had a hair transplant". It just is not an issue at all with me. Nada, zilch, never....

Of course each patient can have a unique balding pattern, and if a doctor is chosen that does not plan for the future as far as future hair loss down the road, then yes I suppose a patient could at some point not look natural. I fear that some of the young guys (early 20's) that really don't have a serious hair loss problem yet, but start eating up their donor supply at an early age chasing a teenage dense-packed hairline are the ones that could end up looking un-natural in their 40's-50's.

I don't want to demand a very dense pack (teenage dense) but just to look normal

ie: as you know people who have black dark hair tend to have more hair than the people who have lighter hair . So just look normal( less dense but normal) to people. I'm not in my 20's but 30's!and I don't stand at all people who stare at me trying to find an imperfection like hair loss.

To be totally honest

Edited by lessthanme

you will be Ok man

but you will need to try to relax, be patient and try to listen to the general consensus of this forum, we're here to help and you're only reading into the negative part (which doesn't really exist anyway!) of what people saying

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

and if a doctor is chosen that does not plan for the future as far as future hair loss down the road, then yes I suppose a patient could at some point not look natural. I fear that some of the young guys (early 20's) that really don't have a serious hair loss problem yet, but start eating up their donor supply at an early age chasing a teenage dense-packed hairline are the ones that could end up looking un-natural in their 40's-50's.

this is so important-- you and your doc must work together to plan for your future hair loss..

and i think it is important to intellectually click with your surgeon - this way you can trust his ideas for your hair design

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

for me I still find that the only good results I saw are for NW2-4 balding people, while NW5 -6 usually had results that esthetically look not impressive or good, although the NW 5-6 are the ones who usually beg for good results.

i think we are still not having achieved our goals for bald men, and by bald men I mean NW 5-6 and we are light years away from getting there.

i think just depending on the hair that you have on your back will never produce a good looking effect for high Norwoods

I was reading some posts on forum that were talking about hair transplant, someone says that ht are associated with doll hair effect. I tought it was the past, what do you think about this ?

are there ht companies behind this website that want to promote ht? sorry for the questions again

One of the kickers for me to go to my doc (Parsa Mohebi) was that he had been recommended by this website. I think FutureHTDoc was the one who had visit Dr Mohebi's clinic in person and watched him do surgery and based on that he decided to Approve Dr Mohebi on this site.

My own research on Dr Mohebi was 50% complete- the other 50% really came because this website had approved him; And if you look at my results (see my photos on my HTN blog), you can see that it worked out great for me-- I went from a NW5 to a decent head of hair (undetectable HT even by my own hair stylist) because of the "perfect storm" of results that was based based on a trifecta approach that Dr Mohebi helped me with (HT, fin, minox).

so, if you are asking whether clinics want to be promoted by this website- the answer would be "of course".. but the truth is that this community has standards and would never recommend a Doctor / Clinic that performs "doll hair" or substandard work. I've also seen in the past, where the Moderators of this forum have rescinded (or considered rescinding) Approval of a surgeon due to complaints by a member on this website going unanswered by the doctor. I think that the physician eventually responded, fixed the issue in a relatively timely manner, and then all turned out to be OK.

Anyway, we should be beyond doll hair effect at this point. doll hair is so 90's, haha.. feels good to be able to say that!

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

for me I still find that the only good results I saw are for NW2-4 balding people, while NW5 -6 usually had results that esthetically look not impressive or good, although the NW 5-6 are the ones who usually beg for good results.

i think we are still not having achieved our goals for bald men, and by bald men I mean NW 5-6 and we are light years away from getting there.

i think just depending on the hair that you have on your back will never produce a good looking effect for high Norwoods

Do you mean a non impressive High NW result like this :)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161678-dr-hasson-8402-grafts-one-session-4-months-4.html

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Less,

Yes, the "doll hair" appearance refers to the implantation of large grafts ("plugs," micrografts, minigrafts) during antiquated hair transplant procedures. Modern hair transplant procedures utilize natural follicular unit grafts, which do not create this appearance.

Pauly,

I did have the privilege of watching Dr. Mohebi operate in person. However, it was after his recommendation on the site. Regardless, his technique was excellent and I truly enjoyed observing his work.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

That is one heck of a transformation after just 1 procedure- lucky guy!

In the BEFORE (posted originally by Jotronic and re-attached below), the patient looks kind of like Matt Lauer.. makes you think... if Matt Lauer were to get a HT, would he be as lucky in getting as good results?

My guess would be no because (per the pic I put up) Matt Lauer's donor area is not quite as dense and doesn't seem to have as good-quality hairs as the patient.

It's funny how this hair loss crapshoot is so based on LUCK. For example, my brother has no hairloss but I got the hair loss genes in the family. But then, at least I've been lucky that my donor region has alot of good quality hairs and can compensate to a degree for my DHT-uber-sensitive native scalp follicles. Then I was lucky that I found this community, read the right articles and picked the right surgeon to go to for my first Hair Transplant procedure. I'm lucky that the Doc is located in Los Angeles and I can have him maintain my hair density distribution for the rest of my life (at least that is the plan).

Bottom line is, you can only control certain things... Don't stress over what you cannot control.. and do your due diligence (ie. research, consultations with several docs) when picking a route for tackling your hair loss issues.

It amazes me how often I see people freaking out just a couple weeks after their HT operation... claiming that they see no signs of hair re-growth, or blaming their docs for not putting in the # of grafts that was promised. (way too soon bro!) We tend to freak out alot about our hair.. we just gotta realize when to chill out.

The main point of this post was to get opinions on whether someone with the Matt Lauer density could achieve as good results as the patient posted by Jotronic. Any thoughts?

jotronicspostedpics.JPG.7b22296505c9f08d0143f3d9a882d236.JPG

5b32ddc023352_mattlauer.jpg.0d66c97340747a47a354470a8369b81a.jpg

My regimen includes:

What do you think about the thickness of the hair ?

is it true that donor hair are more thick and that placing those hairr ithe hairline could be unnatural?

can the hair in hairline become less thicker with time?

sorry again but I'm a litte bit down because I read some posts claiming that transplants are unnatural due to the different thickness and that you could detect a hair transplant a 1 m distance.

Edited by lessthanme