Dr. Lawrence Shapiro

Why is it that everyone who has had good experiences must be fake? How do we know everyone posting bad experiences aren't the fake ones? It's no secret that this website promotes the doctors who subscribe to it.

I even posted my pictures to prove I am real, as well as told you all I would post more after my second procedure. If anyone lives in the south Florida area and they'd like to meet me in person, I might even be willing to meet up at a Starbucks or something to show them my results in person.

I have nothing to hide, and my only reason in even posting is so other people can benefit from my experience with Dr. Larry Shapiro. I think everyone should make their own decisions, and not count on any one person's word. If anything, go have the consultation with him and see for yourself.

-JWSFL

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K Larry. I'll take a skinny latte with vanilla. JK

If you had a positive experience I am happy for you. I am just sharing my experience as well. I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I made.

There are much more consistent skilled Doctors out there.

I just bought my fiancee a digital camera that can take movies. Maybe I can take a short clip of myself and upload it, if my Before/After pictures aren't enough. Anyone know the file upload size limit here? And my name is Jon, not Larry. icon_smile.gif

DDD03 I can't help but wonder why with such a bad experience with one doctor you seem so willing to try out not one but two doctors that you speak of, and by the way, when I first started posting on this site I was told that talk was cheap and a picture would much better tell my story, where are your pictures? if indeed you want to help others let's see some proof. Personally if any doctor had screwed me up the way you claim you were I would post on every site possible(with proof)

Hey sh3sw, I am a patient of Dr. Larry Shapiro also, and I was wondering if I could see more of your pictures? I am probably going to have another sitting with him within the next 6 months. Did you say you went in for a second sitting? I'm interested in hearing how it went if you did. Did you heal faster? And how much of a difference can you see between the first and second sitting? Thanks for posting, and your hair looks GREAT! icon_smile.gif

-JWSFL

The "before and after" shots from both sh3sw and JWSFL are found on Dr. Larry Shapiro's website. I find it highly unlikely that two showcase patients from the same physician managed to post the EXACT same pictures on the same forum post. If either of you are genuine, then humor me by posting different pictures please.

That's because my pictures were taken at his office. I find it laughable how hard you guys try to disprove the two of us. We don't even talk/type the same way. I've never even met this other guy. I found this forum because its the very first link in Google when you search on "hair restoration forum". Then I searched on my doctor's name because I wanted to talk to other people who have been to him. How difficult is that to understand?

Besides, I already said I'd be happy to meet up with someone in the south Florida area if it's convenient, so they can see for themselves. I think I have a couple more pictures. And I'm going to take a short video and see if I can upload it. Somehow I think you will continue to bash me even after I prove I'm legit, because the simple truth is you WANT to think bad things about my doctor. icon_rolleyes.gif

-JWSFL

PS- I will go take a few pictures with my cellphone and upload them now. Maybe then you will believe me. icon_razz.gif

IMG00024-20090529-2159.thumb.jpg.72567fd1610cff481683d60bb52bb45e.jpg

I don't think there is a reason to call anyone a liar here. Just because someone had a bad experience doesn't mean that someone else can't have a good one, and vice versa.

We certainly welcome any and all patients to post here regardless of who their doctor is.

sh3sw,

I'm very glad you are happy with your experience. When you get a chance, I encourage you to upload better quality photos since the photos you have posted are not very revealing. Frankly, the before photos on your blog appears like it's been edited in photoshop with the smudge and/or eraser tool. Better high quality photos will help us better appreciate your transformation.

Welcome to our forum :-)

Bill

I apologize for jumping to conclusion. My experience with him leads me to have quite a biased opinion about his work. Also, there have been problems with false posts in the past with Larry Shapiro.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=228109261#228109261

Unfortunately I do not have any post-Larry Shapiro shots. I never bothered to get them from Dr. Epstein. On my weblog you can see what I look like now (post-Epstein).

Congratulations on your experience. It's just hard for me to beleive we went to the same Doctor icon_smile.gif

Again though, until we see some consistent results from Larry Shapiro it just wouldn't make any sense in my eyes to chose him over the other respected Doctors on this site.

Hello all,first of all thanks TC for the heads up about the pics, I went for a 2nd seating and Dr. Shapiro asked if he could post them, I was more than happy to have them displayed as I am very happy with the results, I also got a copy of them since before the transplant most if not all of my pics are of me usually wearing a ball cap, as for Falseros I like the way you first apologize and seem genuinely happy about my good experince and then make a statement about the pics being photo shopped, if I could do that I think there would be a hell of alot more pics of me with a lot more hair, why don't you address all those members w/out any pics at all? I will post some pics on my blog of the progress I experience through out the year as I've seen others do on this site.

sh3sw,

My comment regarding the picture that looks photoshopped is not meant to be a shot at you, it's just an observation. I clearly stated that better photos would help reveal the reality of your hair transplant - which is a comment I've made to dozens of individuals posting less than optimal photos. Thus, you are not being singled out. Instead of taking offense to my observation (which anyone with photo editing experience can see), why not post higher quality photos?

I am genuinely happy for you that you are happy. But the reality is, nobody can evaluate the success of your hair transplant by the photos you've posted.

I've attached your picture below with the area that looks photoshopped.

831108682_before.jpg

Regards,

Bill

before.jpg

I think the problem here is all the people saying they had a bad encounter are providing no photo proof, while all the people saying they had a good encounter are showing their proof.

This forum is all about the photo proof, so it would be appreciated if people would just post it so we can stop arguing back and forth. icon_confused.gif

-JWSFL

Whhhhhhoaaaa. I hadn't visited this guys website in a long long long time.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.

Dr. LARRY Shapiro (sorry I have to emphasize the LARRY part to make sure there is no confusion) has performed over 11,000 hair transplant cases.

Out of these 11,000 cases there are just 8 Before & After cases presented on his website (a mere 0.00072%).

And out of these 8 cases posted on his website it turns out that 2 of them have posted their experiences on HTN in the last week????????????

Come on. I am done being diplomatic. This is a bunch of BS...

Not to mention that they are the same exact 4 pics he posted on his website.

Go waste your time elsewhere guys. Maybe you can work on Larry's next Jingle for his website. The two of you can do a little duet together. Or if you want maybe the three of us can all meet up at Starbucks and I'll bring my guitar...

hello all, i can't comment on why Shapiro has so few pics maybe if you can you could ask him that yourself, DDD03, I see you still have no proof, in the form of pictures, I can almost also see how someone would let doctor get away with a what DDD03 claims Shapiro did to him, I could see that happen in most 3rd world countries but not here in America, as far as Starbucks go sure I'll meet you there any time you want an shoot the breeze w/you sorry can't carry a tune though so if you do bring a guitar I wonder ,do you you take requests?

Phil I will try to post better pics, you're right about the other pictures they do look more professional I unfortunately am no photographer but once again I will try my best, I contacted Shapiro's office about the mistake on my age, I was told it would be fixed promptly, thanks for the heads up I don't mind getting older but I'm not in that much of a hurry icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by DDD03:

Whhhhhhoaaaa. I hadn't visited this guys website in a long long long time.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.

Dr. LARRY Shapiro (sorry I have to emphasize the LARRY part to make sure there is no confusion) has performed over 11,000 hair transplant cases.

Out of these 11,000 cases there are just 8 Before & After cases presented on his website (a mere 0.00072%).

And out of these 8 cases posted on his website it turns out that 2 of them have posted their experiences on HTN in the last week????????????

Come on. I am done being diplomatic. This is a bunch of BS...

Not to mention that they are the same exact 4 pics he posted on his website.

Go waste your time elsewhere guys. Maybe you can work on Larry's next Jingle for his website. The two of you can do a little duet together. Or if you want maybe the three of us can all meet up at Starbucks and I'll bring my guitar...

Actually DDD03, I am done being diplomatic with you. Now you are not even debating or discussing, you are just being childish and obnoxious. You asked for more proof so what did I do? I took my digital camera, took a picture, and posted it. My HT turned out great, and I am extremely pleased with it. Not only do I love it, but my girlfriend loves it too. And that's what matters most to me. I don't know sh3sw so the fact that we are posting on the same board is just coincidence. But it's not difficult since when you google "hair restoration forum" this is the VERY first link that pops up. And I work in the computer field, so I am always on the internet.

Why are you so defiant towards our positive experiences? Just who are YOU working for? I am just an average guy posting about my experience, because I happen to have read about another guy's experience with the same doctor. If you all weren't unjustly bashing my doctor, I probably never would have posted. How many hundreds or thousands of people do you think read forums but don't post until they feel the need to? You all brought me out of the woodworks, because you want to convince people that they will have a bad experience with our doctor, and I am here to tell you that I had a GREAT experience with him.

You keep commenting on sh3sw's pictures looking fake, well what about mine? I can take a dozen more pictures and post them if you like. Would you like me to hold up a sign that says my username or something? You are being completely unreasonable, because the proof we have provided is more than sufficient. This is no longer a question of our credibility, but has become a question of YOUR credibility since you refuse to accept the obvious proof we have provided. You deny it because you have something to gain by doing so. You are trying to direct people's decisions by making false claims.

If our doctor is to terrible then post proof. Since we have posted proof that he is not bad, I challenge you to post proof that he is. Until then, you have no credibility in this post and we are done being diplomatic with YOU.

I took four pictures just now after I got my haircut today. In two of them I am holding a card with my username for all to see. My procedure was done by Dr. Larry Shapiro and it came out awesome. This is after just one sitting with about 3200 to 3500 grafts, which was done in January of 2008. As you can see you can't even notice the incision area in the back, and I even have the back of my head tapered very short. You can notice a slight area on the top of my head which could use some more grafts, and I am going in for a touch up with Dr. Larry Shapiro within the next 6 months. I will keep a monthly log this time around, so you can see it as it heals and grows in. All I have to say is thank you Dr. S!

-JWSFL

JWSFL.jpg.e06da1b6a3ba07071ec8fb0383caf9f4.jpg

Originally posted by DDD03:

I too have had experience with Dr. LARRY Shapiro and I will tell you that it is absolutely the WORST decision I have ever made in my life.

He took advantage of me at an extrememly young age (21) and I will probably never recover from what he did to me.

No ethical doctor would have ever operated on me at my age and with the hairloss I was experiencing. I told the Doc I wanted to be proactive to prevent any further loss and he agreed with me that it was a good idea. He placed 3's and 4's throughout my existing BARELY thining hair. Well I assume you can guess where the story goes from here.

More hairloss occured and I'm left with an awful hairline that I never expose in public (brush all of my hair forward). I can't beleive I gave my precious donor to him. You live an you learn I guess. I've already been in for one repair procedure by Epstein and it was minimally successful. Now I am off to another small repair in less than a week with Dr. Feller. Hopefully this will be the last TP for several years.

Some of these photos look impressive but beware...I experienced that office first hand and he and his staff are phony salesmen who have no expertise in this field. It would ABSOLUTELY not be beyond that man and his practice to create false postings.

I apologize if this post comes off as overly harsh and negative but I have been scarred for the younger years of my life because of this Dr. LARRY Shapiro.

I would never take a chance with him. Go to a respected Doc.

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience with Dr Larry Shapiro.

I hope Dr Feller is able to repair your hair for you.

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

Drew, Drew, Drew there are OTHER aggravating FACTORS of hair loss. Mainly STRESS for my husband for being on tour from 2001 - 2007 to IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN as a GUNNER at the FRONT LINE.

I have done a great deal of research on it, are you an acting doctor that you know so much details about it? or just another client???? But thank you and yes my husband has protected this country since 911.

I have read great comments from JWSFL and sh3sw so far and I cordially agree including with my father in-laws' successful hair transplant with Dr. Larry Shapiro.

How come TRIPLE D03 gave no before pics? and how come you have no postings just until about an hour ago after someone gave GOOD REVIEWS on Dr. Larry Shapiro??? how much do doctors pay you guys for these comments? No one wants to recognize a good doctor??

Also, what is with the date of your PRE-OP POSTED May 29, 2009 - - - THAT IS SOOOO RECENT!

and you are claiming your complaints now???

Why so late???????????

Drew, my husband and I can meet up with you anytime for some latte at any Starbucks coffee shop, just tell me the location.

I understand you thinking I am a phony just as much as I think you should understand my reservations. Sorry, it was a bit shocking when I discovered those pictures on his website.

I'll be honest with you. I do not have my Pre-Ops or Post-Ops with Shapiro. And unfortunately it was before the invention of Facebook so I can't dig up any old pics. I have no interest in contacting Shapiro or Epstein for pics. Can't imagine Shapiro would even talk to me anymore ha. Probably won't do you any good but if you want to PM me I'd be happy to give you my name and you can contact the doctors themselves icon_smile.gif

I truly have no personal gain by sharing my experience with Shapiro. I just want to make sure the members of this forum are equipted with as much information possible to make the right decision in choosing a doctor.

Because of this forum I was able to find a great doctor that will hopefully give me some of my confidence back. Transparency is what this forum is built on.

JWSFL, I hope your next procedure goes just as smoothly as the others.

Also, please humor me and search DDD03 (yes there is a "search" tool since you are new to this forum). Unfortunately the pics you will find are post-Epstein.

However. You will see that MONTHS ago I made a post called "Bad Decision". And guess what!?!?

It has pics too!!!! icon_smile.gif

Is this not proof enough that I didn't just jump on here once I saw pro-Feller comments???

JWSFL, sh3sw, and GnSville07,

DDD03 has plenty of photos all over this forum. So for new members to arrive and accuse a year long member with well documented history of not posting photos is obsurd. If you're interested to see his photos and see all his posting history, click here.

I think a little respect is in order. In fact, it's mandatory, or you won't last long here. Read Keeping Insults Off This Forum - Respect is Required.

DDD03,

I can appreciate that you had a less than favorable experience with Dr. Larry Shapiro. But that doesn't mean that others haven't had good ones. Unless you have good reason to believe someone is blatantly soliciting their doctor, please give people the benefit of the doubt. Those who are sincere will inevitably become known while shameless promoters will fall by the wayside with no proof behind their words.

Everyone,

Let's stop the senseless accusations. As of now, as an administrator, I have no evidence to suggest that anyone's making up any stories and/or are being paid to post.

However, if I start to see anyone blatantly promoting their doctor, I'm going to revisit this.

Regards,

Bill

I'm sorry, you are asking us to show respect when DDD03 has been the one bashing us? We have shown nothing but respect. I think you need to be directing that comment at DDD03 and not us. I will show people respect until they stop respecting me. If they can't respect me, they won't be receiving any from me.

I just came here to post my experience with some photo proof, and it's gotten completely out of hand (which was not my doing.) I just wanted people to recognize the great work that my doctor did, so it may help others in weighing out their options.

Goodluck to everyone and God Bless.

JWSFL - I apologize if you felt as though you are being "bashed".

It is my natural reaction to throw up my gaurd when a new poster comes on and starts praising a doctor. I am obviously not the only one who had this reaction...but I am one of very few on this site who has had a procedure by L. Shapiro so I figured it was my duty to speak out.

As Bill said, If you look at my posting history you are not the first person I have cast doubt upon. The last one dissapeared and was proved to be a phony. http://hair-restoration-info.c...=895101361#895101361

Please don't take it personal.

I have said it before...If you had a great experience with Larry Shapiro then I am very happy for you.

Let's drop the argument. It is not going to go anywhere. The only way a Doctor gains credibility on this site is through hundreds of posts and pictures regarding his work.

Thank you JWSFL on your great reply to TRIPLE DO3 on commenting about RESPECT. That is right, my FIRST POST last night and after complementing Dr. Larry Shapiro whom I choose to do work on my husband, I was ATTACKED by many demeaning people with negative comments on how Dr. Larry Shapiro left him scarred for life. As I have mentioned, I did my homework, he has no lawsuits and no discipline in his license and just the fact that he worked on my father in-law and he had a remarkable results from being "Howard Simpson" to a few thousands more hairs. He did a SUPERB work and my father in-law has been doing well with the family business and has more confidence in himself when meeting with people.

None of you will change my choosing of the doctor that will work on my husband and as far as I am concerned Dr. Larry Shapiro is the best in town. If you guys are thriving to write negative comments about Dr. Larry Shapiro, and you CLAIM that he did such terrible work, then WHY, TRIPLE D03, YOU did not go back to him and had it fix?? Why did you wait so long and express it all in this forum when it would only take a phone call to talk to him?? Is it maybe you really never had it done by him in the first place and you just wanted to blame the "TOP DOG" in the game??? SLANDERING someone WITHOUT ANY PROOF is a crime! I believe most of you are "phony to say such horrible things about a good doctor like Dr. Larry Shapiro.

People here are acting as if they passed medical board exam but have no medical licenses to back them up and even though they say that they are creating standards for the medical public to believe that they are QUALIFIED to JUDGE on who is capable of doing this procedure and it makes themselves sounds like they have been to medical school when they have never ever been. Show me the proof people.

Part of what I found on my research about Dr. Larry Shapiro, that after 11000 patients and a perfect record, no lawsuits, superb reputation and awesome results with my father in-law, my husband would be crazy not to go to him.

On top of that yes! the "jingle" is catchy, it is more professional than being a member of this forum and get "demeaning attacks" which let their patients do their dirty work while they sit back and watch. Especially when they let patients post stories without any proof.

I am sorry to discourage some of you, this senseless "bashing" of me about my preferred doctor to work on my husband which is

Dr. Larry Shapiro, he will stay on top of my list and no other plus his "jingle" is cathcy!

"Hair now Hair Forever, Dr. Shapiro Hair Institute"!!!