FUE in London?

OliR123

Hi,

This site seems massively helpful, but there's a lot of threads to catch up on for us new members, so maybe I'm asking a question that's dealt with elsewhere.

I'm in London. Went to the Harley St clinic where Wayne had his op- just because that was the first thing that made me seriously consider it. Now I'm thinking of going to Brussels, but just wondering what the opinion is of London surgeons. The surgeon I met had a good vibe- was trying to make me consider waiting until I've lost more hair, which seemed honest- and the set up seemed very professional, but surely Wayne Rooney has one of the worst looking heads of hair in public life?

Thanks

It's good that the doctor seemed to have good ethics, but that alone doesn't make for a great surgeon. Also I think Harley Street is an umbrella term that has a revolving door of doctors working for them.

Better off going to the FUE doctors in Manchester/Belgium or Turkey that seem to have the high reputations these days. You can find a history of results from the doctor who will be working on you plus countless write ups. Much better plan than going to someone because a footballer was worked on by a doctor there. (And yes Rooney's result isn't great, to be fair. Caked in concealer)

I think Dr. Reddy is doing good FUE work though so he is worth checking out.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Agreed with^^^^^

I did exactly what you have done then cancelled and went with dr Feriduni in Belgium and very glad I did!! If you only want to stay in the uk then first choice without doubt is Lorenzo in Manchester who is amazing, also dr reddy has some really good results in London in fact I cancelled and consult with him before my research led to Belgium he unheard of on the forums then but has shown some nice results! If u can travel Belgium is great, Feriduni, mwamba, bisanga all really top notch!! Like Lorenzo!! But I have to say erdogan( Asmed) has shown some examples over the last week on here that are mind boggling, wouldn't rule him out, has had problems with getting back to people I believe but gas a new premises and a rep called Denny on here who has just had a procedure from him. All the above are really good so just get some consults sorted and see who you feel most comfortable with !! Good luck!!

Thanks a lot guys. Glad to hear you've both had such successful results. I'm interested in getting consults with Feriduni/Bisanga, but I go to NY occasionally, so I'm now curious about Dr Feller. I reckon I'm a NW 5, and would just be concentrating on the frontal region, rather than the crown, for now (I'm 30, struggling screenwriter). So I'm curious Tommy about why you chose to go there?

No problem, and thanks! You should definitely consult with them if FUE is what you want. If you're happy with strip/FUT then Dr. Feller would be a great choice.

I chose to go with him because I had a lot of help from Spex and I was lucky in that a month into my serious research Spex told me Dr. Feller was coming to London for consultations. I was so impressed with the consultation and I'd seen so many good results from him, I was more than happy to choose Dr. Feller. The surgery experience was excellent and my result is very good. I'd recommend him, especially if you plan to be in NY.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hi,

I'm in London. Went to the Harley St clinic where Wayne , but surely Wayne Rooney has one of the worst looking heads of hair in public life?

Thanks

He does, I'm my opinion it looks terrible. He is 7 months into his second op and he is still heavily using concealers.

I personally wouldn't go to this clinic, check out belgium and turkey for the best fue surgeons.