Dr Mwamba?

I should have clarified that even though making new recipient incisions into a "bare" surface area does not present issues of potential transection, the FUE surgeon must still follow acute angulation of the newly created recipient sites otherwise the new grafts may grow out at an inappropriate angle and the new growth could stick out like a sore thumb...:eek:

It really depends how close the new incisions are to the established native hairline. There can even be some minor shock loss to the existing hairline post-op but as long as no transection occurs, everything should grow back very nicely.

How likely do you think shock loss is?

I cringe at the thought of shaving my hair..the hairdresser would be able to see it when I get a hair cut also..would you say Dr Mwamba is as good as Dr Feller and Dr Epstein? I was looking into them also,,,any advice would be appreciated

In my personal opinion, Mwamba is a universe better than both Feller and Epstein at FUE. And good on you for not going down the strip path in that you consider it too invasive.

If you live in Europe and are wanting FUE I don't see any reason to come to the states. I'm pretty sure a member on here, I think JohnnyDrama, said he took a train from England to Belgium and met with Bisanga, Feriduni, and Mwamba all in one trip, you might want to try and do the same.

Oh for crying' out loud, you've been told the score with these surgeons - no amount of repeating the same points is gonna change the options available to you so maybe you should just choose one.

Lol calm down buddy. I know all the options I was just asking which one of those options is best and which surgeon is. You're an idiot.

Probably banned from this site due to a lawsuit or something.

Liverpoolgirl, if Mickey recommends Mwamba then you can trust that Mwamba would be a great choice!

I remember someone saying that all doctors can go down the "no shave" route, but that it is a risk to the end result. Therefore those who do it know the risks but use it as a selling point. Not sure how true that is, but shaving down is only temporary - the long term result is all you need to worry about.

I think Dr. Feller only does small FUE sessions.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Probably banned from this site due to a lawsuit or something.

Liverpoolgirl, if Mickey recommends Mwamba then you can trust that Mwamba would be a great choice!

I remember someone saying that all doctors can go down the "no shave" route, but that it is a risk to the end result. Therefore those who do it know the risks but use it as a selling point. Not sure how true that is, but shaving down is only temporary - the long term result is all you need to worry about.

I think Dr. Feller only does small FUE sessions.

Hi Tommy

What would make it a risk? Is it because the graft is out for longer? It's just as a woman shaving the head is really hard

Because there's hair in the way of where they are working, if they shave the existing hair down, they have a clear scalp to work on so it's much easier. You don't have to shave it all, just near to the recipient area. You'll get better answers from any doctors you consult with on this though!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

You don't need to worry then, the donor will be covered with the rest of your hair (provided it's all long?)

Not sure what to say about that really. I'm not familiar with the site or the main doctor in question, but Mwamba has a good reputation here based on results of genuine patients.

EXPOSING HAIR FRAUDS, CONS AND LIARS: HAIRSITE

Dr Mwamba was mentioned in this it has really worried me what do you guys think? It states he is 'evil'

That blog appears to be a very angry patient of Dr. C's. There has been some shady stuff that he has been accused of, but he is a skilled doctor. I believe Dr. Mwamba trained under him which I'm sure is why he is talked about in that blog. I wouldn't be too concerned with it since I have really never heard any bad things about Mwamba's work, which is what really matters.

Don't believe everything that is on the internet. IMHO, Dr. Patrick Mwamba is not only a good doctor, he is of outstanding character and ethics...:)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

That blog appears to be a very angry patient of Dr. C's. There has been some shady stuff that he has been accused of, but he is a skilled doctor. I believe Dr. Mwamba trained under him which I'm sure is why he is talked about in that blog. I wouldn't be too concerned with it since I have really never heard any bad things about Mwamba's work, which is what really matters.

I wont say too much about dr. C but just make sure he is the one actually extracting the grafts when you go in for a procedure and not some tech, yet-to-be-surgeon or former surgeon who has had his licence revoked due to the self-prescribing and abuse of narcotics. I too once thought dr C has some good talent at fue and i admired his decision to discard strip but all evidence shows that he is STRICTLY about making as much money as he can and he dies not give a flying **** about his patients.

In regards to both mwamba and bisanga and the evidence and facts emanating from the link(which was given to me almost a year ago and has been common knowledge among the industry), it is disappointing. However, i will say that both bisanga and mwambas track record, results, ethics and skill are top tier and have been for well over 5 years. Whatever occured ten years ago does not diminish that for me.

Ive had 2 HT's with Dr Mwamba and Im delighted with my results.

nick,

How many total grafts did you have to date and was it all FUE?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY