Dr Mwamba?

Mwamba is an excellent FUE physician. His hairlines are excellent and he constantly achieves great yield and from various accounts I have been told he is VERY thorough and friendly in his consultations.

Mwamba is an excellent FUE physician. His hairlines are excellent and he constantly achieves great yield and from various accounts I have been told he is VERY thorough and friendly in his consultations.

Hi Mickey thanks for the reply! Would you say he is as good as feriduni and mwamba?

I considered Bisanga but be doesn't do FUE without shaving the donor area which Dr Mwamba offers that's why so confused!

Are you sure about that? I could be mistaken, but I think you have it the wrong way around. I think Dr Mwamba can leave the recipient site unshaven, whereas the donor will be shaved regardless if having FUE of over 500 or so grafts. How many grafts do you think you will need?

To answer your original question, yes I believe Dr Mwamba is one of the top global FUE doctors out there. I visited his clinic and met him for him to assess my situation and I think it must have lasted about 70 mins. Very thorough and professional setup there, on top of being a very nice bloke too.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Hi Mickey thanks for the reply! Would you say he is as good as feriduni and mwamba?

Oh yes, I follow his cases on the European forums(both clinic and patient posted) and am very impressed. He has the hairline flair of Feriduni combined with the excellent yield of Bisanga. I am surprised he is not mentioned more. He is miles ahead of any North American FUE surgeon.

Ok....I didn't know that. To be honest, I couldn't say for sure if it is better or worse. Only the clinic would know that but the fact they are offering it must mean they are confident in the process. I would like to find out a bit more about it.

Also, yes I would put Dr Mwamba in the same category as Drs Bisanga and Feriduni. I was lucky enough to meet all 3 of them in the space of a few days and was very impressed. Dr Mwamba actually trained with Dr Bisanga for several years under another doc and learned their trade together.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I need around 1600 grafts...Mwamba does FUE without shaving the donor area but it costs 10 euro per graft instead of 5 euros...do you think it would be as effective as normal fue where you shave the donor area?

I would go for a shaven donor myself in order for the surgeon to better analyze the direction of the hair under the skin. I'm sure Mwamba could shave 2 or 3 'strips' in your donor area and extract from them. As seen here:

FUE part shaves strip shaves

With your hair combed down, the shaved sites would not be visible :)

I would go for a shaven donor myself in order for the surgeon to better analyze the direction of the hair under the skin. I'm sure Mwamba could shave 2 or 3 'strips' in your donor area and extract from them. As seen here:

FUE part shaves strip shaves

With your hair combed down, the shaved sites would not be visible :)

I cringe at the thought of shaving my hair..the hairdresser would be able to see it when I get a hair cut also..would you say Dr Mwamba is as good as Dr Feller and Dr Epstein? I was looking into them also,,,any advice would be appreciated

Have you considered hairline lowering surgically with Dr Sheldon Kabaker? He has an excellent track record with this procedure for females and you would avoid any shaving. Also the result would be pretty much immediate.

I thought about it but it's a much more invasive procedure and I tend not to scar well so a forehead scar wouldn't be a good idea... Thanks for the suggestion though!

@liverpool

I think 1000/1500 graft,it dispense how conservative u want to be..

All the surgeon u mentioned they have very high skills,I don't think u can go wrong with any of them...

The best thing u can do is meet as many as u can to see how u feel with them...

If u interesting also in Dr. Lorenzo work all I can say is ,I'm 17 days post op now and u can't notice any kind of surgery at all...

U can have a look on my thread,o if u like to u welcome to inspection my head I'm London based too (north)...

Feel free to ask me any question if it can be helpfully for your choice...

In all honesty I would say either:

• Get a Miley Cyrus type cut and shave the donor; and/or
  • Invest in a few wigs

or

• Take the FUT option. It will give you the best chance of a top result.

The doc will be 'driving in fog' with the no-shave option. Don't make it any more difficult for him!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thought to add some clarification here. I used to work for both doctors in the USA and both are talented and meticulous with their work. In addition, they both were involved in my third HT procedure when they were both employed as OR techs.

Here's the thing. Not that I am speaking directly for either doctor, but IMHO it really depends on the merits of each case. Anywhere the FUE grafts are extracted, that specific area or zone must first be buzzed/shaved down in order to get the extraction punch(s) over the individual FUs and hair shaft(s). If the hair length is too long, you lose the visual ability to see the natural direction of each and every FU protruding out from the scalp. This is critical in avoiding damage to the underlying hair follicles.

Although it is customary for the FUE surgeon to completely buzz/shave down the donor zone, sometimes they can confine the "extraction zone" to a much smaller perimeter surface area so that the entire broader donor zone does not have to be completely buzzed down.

So the direction of each existing hair shaft is important especially when doing manual FUE because if the initial entry of the punch is off, there can be potential transection of the existing FU(s). The only drawback is that a much smaller defined extraction zone can be potentially over-harvested and will be sparse of density.

This might be a concern for some men who may want to wear a much shorter hair style (buzzed down) in the future however most females wear their respective hair lengths much longer than males. This is why possibly more females would opt out for FUHT rather than FUE because of the reduced cost and the fact that they would never wear a buzzed hair style post-op the way that men do.

In addition, some docs prefer to buzz down the recipient area because the same issue of transection applies when making the recipient sites when there is any existing hair within the recipient area. They have to be careful that each recipient incision goes into the scalp at the appropriate direction so as to not transect the neighboring hair and also so that the new grafts grow out in the same angle and direction.

If you are simply having one's hairline lowered than the new grafts are being placed in a virgin area where there is no existing hair to transect.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I cringe at the thought of shaving my hair..the hairdresser would be able to see it when I get a hair cut also..would you say Dr Mwamba is as good as Dr Feller and Dr Epstein? I was looking into them also,,,any advice would be appreciated

Which Dr. Epstein are you referring to?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I should have clarified that even though making new recipient incisions into a "bare" surface area does not present issues of potential transection, the FUE surgeon must still follow acute angulation of the newly created recipient sites otherwise the new grafts may grow out at an inappropriate angle and the new growth could stick out like a sore thumb...:eek:

It really depends how close the new incisions are to the established native hairline. There can even be some minor shock loss to the existing hairline post-op but as long as no transection occurs, everything should grow back very nicely.

Gillenator

In all honesty I would say either:

• Get a Miley Cyrus type cut and shave the donor; and/or

• Invest in a few wigs

or

• Take the FUT option. It will give you the best chance of a top result.

The doc will be 'driving in fog' with the no-shave option. Don't make it any more difficult for him!

I 100 percent don't want FUT it seems too invasive...and I hate Miley Cyrus :P