Paulygon

Hi All,

This thread is about your TIPPING POINT that is.. at what moment did you accept the reality of your hair loss... at what point did you decide to seek treatment, or to try to change the course of your hair loss?

These may be two different times.. or they may be one and the same.

As for myself.. I always had a feeling that I was losing more hair than normal... I would find hairs in between pages of my books when I was only 16-17 y/o.

I never thought I would do a hair transplant procedure.. I just would not admit that MY HAIR LOSS IS THAT BAD.

I tried EVERYTHING under the sun.. but of course, only the 2 FDA approved meds (Rogaine and Propecia) helped.

Probably the time that I realized I BADLY needed a hair transplant was when my girlfriend posted Facebook pictures of us cooking dinner in a Manhattan penthouse... Everything looked so nice, she was hot.. the apartment looked good.. BUT... I didn't look up to par.. the meds just were not cutting it anymore.. my hairloss was a DEAD GIVEAWAY..

Anyway, I was tired of losing the fight and meds can only do so much to fight genetics... fortunately I found Dr Mohebi (in Encino, California) and he designed my new hairline so well that even my stylist cannot tell that I've had a hair transplant... well, I have to say, I am much happier, more confident and am not shy of Facebook pictures anymore! (save the fact that I need to bulk up now).

I am interested in hearing from the community.. at what point did you see the light? (whether that means when you decided to START OR STOP meds), get Hair Restoration Procedure, or start communicating with people regarding hair loss.. etc.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

It started for me with crown loss at 17..I'm now 40 so that's 23 year battle. I started taking Proscar at 17 before it was approved for hairloss. Had two transplants as a teenager and then a megaseesion with Dr Rahal in Jan 2012... This is the happiest I've been with my hair since 17! That's the truth. Maybe now hair greed has gotten me because I'd love another 2k mid scalp area. Someday soon

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Ahh! That's amazing (taking Proscar before it was approved for hair loss)... I love hearing from the pioneers, the guys who had the courage to try things in the early days.. Fortunately it turned out well for you!

Dr. Rahal is a great guy! I met him at a banquet a couple months ago. I love his work.

I can relate to you about getting greedy.. maybe its not entirely a bad thing tho! It suggests we were able to accomplish something that most men are at odds with.. and yet, we want more..

5b32dc61a172b_photo(1).JPG.4fa416b05f0443875bf1be5d53aa0b4e.JPG

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Dr Rahal is as good as they come IMO...

He corrected some of my previous crown work, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either..dr Rahal made it so much better! Also, the megasession was the way to go for me. I DO thank my first Dr for turning me on to Proscar. When you are 17 and losing your hair you will try anything. That was 1992...I don't know when it was trademark for propecia but I was definitely ahead on that front. Got lucky there. I do think my hairloss has slowed quite a bit. For some reason now I'm think about having a couple of 1k FUE sessions. I know that's prob stupid and way more expensive but dang I just wanna shave , surgery, go back to work in a week. You know what mean..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Pauly,

You had a really good transformation. I think for your loss, the hairline placement is perfectly natural and although mature, your have some "classy" hair going on there. You also seem to have responded very well to finasteride.

I guess I really accepted I was losing when I was about 31 and a half and I came on to htn and posted some photos and asked if I should start taking finasteride. When everyone agree I should, it sealed the deal for me that I was losing. I think a lot of times it takes confirmation from someone else when you are in your early stages to come to grips with it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Pauly,

You had a really good transformation. I think for your loss, the hairline placement is perfectly natural and although mature, your have some "classy" hair going on there. You also seem to have responded very well to finasteride.

I guess I really accepted I was losing when I was about 31 and a half and I came on to htn and posted some photos and asked if I should start taking finasteride. When everyone agree I should, it sealed the deal for me that I was losing. I think a lot of times it takes confirmation from someone else when you are in your early stages to come to grips with it.

Thanks for the compliment. I means alot.

I agree, confirmation from a friend is an important factor in accepting one's hair loss. I remember I was telling close friends in college I thought I was losing hair, but they did not agree with me because I had so much density at that time. Then one day, a roommate confirmed that the amount of hair in the tub after a shower was extreme and that I probably am losing it. That's another tipping point for me.

My regimen includes:

Pauly,

How old are you now?

My regimen includes:

Never accepted it, just tried to wear hair styles that would make it less obvious and wore hats with expensive sunglasses on top.

Also failed to treat my seborrheic dermatitis by a doctor until HT1. Though I did try every shampoo under the sun before that.

Finding this site helped me learn about the options to treat hairloss which was an awaking for me.

I'm still not giving into the damn thing as I am (reluctantly) back on Fin, and hope to have some type of SMP for greater density after techniques and clinics become more proven. If I need to I will have a third HT with Dr. K for anything that needs tweeking next fall.

Anyway my tipping point was finding this site, so I try to give back as much as I can.

Happy holidays btw

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Never accepted it, just tried to wear hair styles that would make it less obvious and wore hats with expensive sunglasses on top.

Also failed to treat my seborrheic dermatitis by a doctor until HT1. Though I did try every shampoo under the sun before that.

Finding this site helped me learn about the options to treat hairloss which was an awaking for me.

I'm still not giving into the damn thing as I am (reluctantly) back on Fin, and hope to have some type of SMP for greater density after techniques and clinics become more proven. If I need to I will have a third HT with Dr. K for anything that needs tweeking next fall.

Anyway my tipping point was finding this site, so I try to give back as much as I can.

Happy holidays btw

yes.. i am reluctantly back on Fin as well.. man, it works though

My regimen includes:

my case it seemed to work overall too, but I believe it made my scalp oilier and I was not sure if Nizoral use or Fin was causing me sheds for quite a while.

I decided to re-start after taking the genetic test available for Finasteride responsiveness as my scores showed I was a good responder (19) and I noticed some thinning behind my transplanted region.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

At 30 I caught myself in a security cam and was shocked by the amount of thinning in my crown. All that overhead fluorescent store lighting can be brutal. The next year I booked a consult with MHR and Karamikian and went with the latter aka the lesser of two evils.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com