Where do all the bad strip scars come from?

Researching a few things here and it struck me how many hits come up when I search for threads with "scar" in the title. Lots and lots of threads about scar revisions.

Where are all these bad scars coming from? Are they coming from any of the top recommended docs? Or mostly bad docs in far off places and people are now going to the good docs to get them fixed?

All the talk about stretched scars is freaking me out a little bit.

I've had two FUT surgeries and my so called "scars" have been a 100% non-issue, with friends, family, spouses, and hairdressers totally unaware any so called "scar" exists.

In my opinion most FUT patients have no scar issues, but the ones that do we naturally hear from the loudest. There are "horror stories" in just about every type of surgery known to man and those with a poor result are going to be very pissed even if they are in the "rare poor result" category.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Bosley, especially those done years ago

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

A bad scar can come from any doctor. Alot of it comes down to patient physiology. Even with the best techniques, there is no guarantee the scar will not stretch. Excellent donor closures minimize the chances of a scar stretching but I have seen stretched scars from every surgeon, recommended or not. If I could rewind time I would not have had strip at all. There are many, many people who undergo strip and the scar turns out fine and undetectable with a grade 3 or 4. But there are also people out there who undergo strip with an elite surgeon and the scar stretches and they have another problem they need to remedy. They are in the minority but cases like that do exist for every surgeon. Up to you whether the gamble is worth the potential prize.

Scar5,

That is an interesting point you make.

Did you stop Fin due to sides and experience loss, or did Fin sheds etc. cause you to lose hair?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hsrp,

My auto-complete , predictive text, whatever its called, calls you harp? Do u like to harp on about things?

Nope, I didn't quit propecia. Far from it. I refused to take it. From about '94 - '04, I think. I distrusted Menck, the chemical giants, I distrusted my HT doc ( Whilst I trusted him to do my HT, I distrusted him to flog off pills to make a few extra bucks, I have learnt to trust conditionally, even the saints up in heaven)

So what a smart move. I went from NW 3 to NW 5. In about 03 I got more concerned about loss, and less concerned about sides, got some DUT, got sides and quit . Finally, in about 06-07 I got fin.

A few minor sides, less sperm, less aggression, perhaps more pussy-like thinking, wrinkly face..all wonderful things but all necessary to keep from losing more hair. Lest I walk around telling everybody proudly about the fact I have an ear to ear smiley scar.

It's not that bad. I can look decent with the right mind set, but no way will I allow these guys to flog strip surgery on to unsuspecting balding guys who will need their propecia and all its baggage, for a life time, or at least until their old enough to need it for their prostate.

Hsrp,

My auto-complete , predictive text, whatever its called, calls you harp? Do u like to harp on about things?

Nope, I didn't quit propecia. Far from it. I refused to take it. From about '94 - '04, I think. I distrusted Menck, the chemical giants, I distrusted my HT doc ( Whilst I trusted him to do my HT, I distrusted him to flog off pills to make a few extra bucks, I have learnt to trust conditionally, even the saints up in heaven)

So what a smart move. I went from NW 3 to NW 5. In about 03 I got more concerned about loss, and less concerned about sides, got some DUT, got sides and quit . Finally, in about 06-07 I got fin.

A few minor sides, less sperm, less aggression, perhaps more pussy-like thinking, wrinkly face..all wonderful things but all necessary to keep from losing more hair. Lest I walk around telling everybody proudly about the fact I have an ear to ear smiley scar.

It's not that bad. I can look decent with the right mind set, but no way will I allow these guys to flog strip surgery on to unsuspecting balding guys who will need their propecia and all its baggage, for a life time, or at least until their old enough to need it for their prostate.

I feel like most people fall in the category that if they are not on fin then they should not have a HT, whether it is FUT or FUE.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yeah I guess if you're donor will eventually thin a HT is just buying time. Hopefully fin will prevent that from happening.

The scar from my first HT with Dr. True was so unnoticeable that my girlfriend of a year had no idea I had anything done until I told her a month ago. And even then she really had to look to see where I was cut.

For some reason I'm nervous about my second being as good as my first as I don't want to ruin a good thing in the quest for a bit more density. Stitches just came out and I was told the closure is tight as can be. Fingers crossed.

You mean "shouldn't have a HT" right? Heheh.

Yes, edited that. Thanks.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had 2 HT with the same Doctor. the first scar was undetectable, but the second one took 2 years to fill in and it still looks bad. I am planing on having a third HT which will include scar revision with another Doctor. I am hopping it will be my last