1830+ FUT by Dr. Feller

Bdm1975

So I had my HT done by Dr. Feller. About 1830+ to my front region and to be honest I was so scared when I first went into the procedure. After the first 2 minutes talking to Dr. Feller and having my head all numbed up I couldn't stop talking. I was kind of hysterical and didn't even think about the procedure talking to Dr. Feller. Felt painless and they said I have a great tolerance for pain. I paranoid of knives into my head and I hate needles.

He really put me to ease. next thing you know my FUT was stripped and a couple of minutes later, I had crunching sounds in my head. Turns out it was the poking of the holes that Feller was putting in my head for the follicles to be inserted.

All in all, procedure went great!

It's been 10 days and I do however have some questions to ask him before I get my staples taken out but before I even ask him maybe I can ask the forum.

1. I have scabs inside the staples. Is that normal? Do they do a clean up? I'm not asking for anyone to be a psychic but is it usually OK to wear a "normal hat" like a baseball cap right after I take out the staples. (would have been 13 days since staples were put in)

2. For some reason, the hair he transplanted seem to be growing? I'm like, is that normal? I thought I was suppose to shed.

I see guys like chrisdav and see how his results were, I have to admit I'm kind of jealous! lol

Thank you Dr. Feller! and thank you Forum!

front.jpg.fdcb0a846019cc13fce267b7f5608090.jpg

scar.jpg.3b5c2ed612f3b0aa2331b3385fed01f1.jpg

I would ask your doctor, but 13 days out you should be able to wear a had. It is common for them to grow some, but they will still likely shed. 2 months out usually seems to be the low point.

I see that you only had 1800 grafts. Did you have a tight scalp? Low density? Both? The work is very refined, I was just interested in why you went this particular route.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think its more of the lighting that makes it look a little low density but Dr. Feller recommended me to this route. I know he has a great reputation so I went with his advice. I think he said I had a little low density.

Edited by Bdm1975

• 3 weeks later...

Hey pal, congrats on the op. Long road ahead but keep patient, don't worry and try to get it off your mind for a year or so.

I'm coming up to a year and a half since I flew around the world to sit in Dr. Feller's chair and I'm very happy with my results. I'm sure you will be too! I had 2000 grafts at the front and I looked quite similar to you post op.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

image.jpg

1 month update. I have been shedding as you can see. I don't have as much density as a lot of others as you can see.

image.jpg

If you are able to see I have tiny little black dots. I'm guessing those are hairs that are transplanted and shed off. They say I she actually look worse the before my original transplant I guess that's what's happening here.

Don't have a pic of the scar area but it seems red. I only got the staples removed about 3 weeks ago but don't know if I should use a bio-gel to reduce redness so I can shave my head.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Edited by Bdm1975

1 month update. I have been shedding as you can see. I don't have as much density as a lot of others as you can see.

If you are able to see I have tiny little black dots. I'm guessing those are hairs that are transplanted and shed off. They say I she actually look worse the before my original transplant I guess that's what's happening here.

Don't have a pic of the scar area but it seems red. I only got the staples removed about 3 months ago but don't know if I should use a bio-gel to reduce redness so I can shave my head.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Mine looked exactly the same at 1 month. Nothing to be concerned about.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Don't worry about the matter of weeks, forget it and evaluate it in months. Obviously you'll always be aware but be conscious of the fact it wont be until a full year you'll really see the final results. You'll probably get a significant improvement between month 11 and 13, so for now don't worry at all!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Do not worry about shock loss. It is normal. If you were about to loose those hairs they will not come back. If this is not the case, they will come back soon. You are in very good hands so relax and enjoy the growth! The work looks really good to me!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

• 1 month later...

3 month update to the date of surgery.

I dont know what to be concerned about at this point or what I should expect really. All I know this is I'm at the the 2-3 month "sprouting stage" where I should see something but I dont know how much I should see.

Any feedback would be nice. Thanks!7trm.jpg

Here's a 1 month and 3 month side by side rrx5.jpg

I think you're doing fine. Mine was very similar. You can see the whispy fine hairs starting to come through.

In another month you should see a noticeable improvement.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

3 months is when it starts really beginning. I had the most improvement from month 11 to month 12, and I even had improvement from month 16 to month 17. So really - you have nothing to worry about at this point!

• 1 month later...

I have 2 weeks till I post my 5 month pics but I was just wondering when I can start noticing some thickness to my hair. I still see some sprouts here and there but I'm noticing that not all the areas on my head that I had follicles transplanted in are growing. Is it still too early to notice all the follicles sprouting out even at the 4 1/2 month period?

Any advice would be great.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so it's been 6 months and about 3 weeks. I'm kind of scared because I dont know what to expect and what to look forward to. Can someone please help me with their own analysis.

*Note that I have not cut the top of my hair since we I had the transplant.

Any help would be appreciated!

6m3w.jpg

Here are the post-op pics that Dr. Feller sent me. I know that Dr. Feller uses a real dense packing method and I have sent him the picture you see in my 7 month period. He said he EXPECTED more density but also said he has seen this before and that I can just be a slow grower. I will check back with him in another 3 months though.

Here are 2 pictures post-op but sorry I don't have pics pre-op.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh dear, Its not looking great to be honest. The density is too low. I have to agree that the amount of grafts used was never going to be enough.

Would you opt for a 2nd HT to give you decent density?

You do have more growth/maturing ahead of you though. I just dont think its going to be enough.

I'll see what happends after 10 months about. Then make a determination of what to do, I'd be open to a 2nd transplant though. I'm just hoping from what Spex says and everyone else, wait till the 8-12 month period and seeing if may hair thickens and matures. I'm worried it won't but I'll have my fingers crossed.

Any thoughts on Propecia to make my hair thicker? Any opinions on my case is truly appreciated.

Have to be honest, it doesn't look too good I'm so sorry to say. But there's still time, mine didn't look good until the final few months of the year so it could still work out for you.