1830+ FUT by Dr. Feller

Bdm1975

I'm new to this whole hair transplant world but can someone explain to me why a doctor would perform a surgery knowing the density of 1800 grafts would not be enough?

There's something about that that rubs me the wrong way about this. If a patient can only afford, say, 1500 grafts and you KNOW they'll need something like 2500 grafts, is it not dishonest to perform the surgery and take their money for all they got?

I don't know anything about this doctor, he's probably very good at what he does and I'm not doubting that, I just don't understand why that happened.

Dr. Feller has a really good reputation on these forums and was highly suggested. I talked to him about the prediction and density I would get after this transplantation and felt very good about what he said. I'm at 7 months and maybe a week now so there's no going back. I'll just have to wait to see how things turn out after 10 months but I am very concerned and worried.

Looking at the pic BDM posted on 6/23 brought to mind a question I haven't seen asked.

Many transplant patients who comb their hair back have this weird hairline where the hairs seem to go forward then loop backward (like a shape of a fish hook). I've never seen this in a natural hairline.

If today's top docs now place hairs in the proper direction and angle, why the loop d loop hairlines?

I'm new to this whole hair transplant world but can someone explain to me why a doctor would perform a surgery knowing the density of 1800 grafts would not be enough?

There's something about that that rubs me the wrong way about this. If a patient can only afford, say, 1500 grafts and you KNOW they'll need something like 2500 grafts, is it not dishonest to perform the surgery and take their money for all they got?

I don't know anything about this doctor, he's probably very good at what he does and I'm not doubting that, I just don't understand why that happened.

Agreed. I really hope the situation for the op improves. However I struggle to see the sense in 1800 with fut and a scar now on the head which removes the ability to shave the head and walk away in light of a failed procedure.

My advice would be to ensure you do not let this Dr do any more FUT on you.

Try and get fixed via fue and maybe even FUE in to the scar so you can shave down short if things don't turn out good again .

• 4 months later...

Bdm - do you have any update for us? I hope things are improving for you. I agree with several posters. Your post-op pics do not indicate a normal procedure by a top doc. I don't understand why 1800 would be considered enough (especially via FUT?) and why the procedure should stop abruptly before it even hits 1/3 of your balding area. I see your case as 3000 grafts with some going as far back as the crown. If your donor was so poor as to not yield 3000, then all of that should have been talked about before beginning.

It almost looks like they quit the session half way through to make their tee time. Did you have a plan for a second procedure setup with the doc before you even started the first? I would consult with another top doc from this forum asap to see what they think.

I know some people on this forum are careful not to criticize coalition docs, but someone needs to explain this to us (and more importantly, the patient). Maybe there is something we are missing about this case.