FUE by Dr Reddy - Norwood 3, 2611 grafts / 7393 hair

55 year old gentleman with Norwood 3 hair loss pattern. He wanted improvement for the front. His hair loss was stabilized with Propecia and Minoxidil over 12 months.

He was counselled extensively need for further work on crown if hair loss progresses. He was happy with improvement in his crown after 12 months on Propecia and Minoxidil.

2611 grafts / 7393 hair were transferred in one day. Results 12 months after.

picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6572picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6571picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6570picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6560picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6559picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6558picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6557picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6556picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6554picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6555picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6551picture.php?albumid=841&pictureid=6552

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Excellent result! The patient looks 15 years younger! Nice work.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

2611 graft and this kind of transformation. I just can't believe.

I would say dr reddy has some magical multiplication technique where 2611 grafts doubles to 5222 grafts and hair multiplies from 7900 to 16000.

I have not seen that kind of density and coverage with 2600 grafts.

2611 graft and this kind of transformation. I just can't believe.

I would say dr reddy has some magical multiplication technique where 2611 grafts doubles to 5222 grafts and hair multiplies from 7900 to 16000.

I have not seen that kind of density and coverage with 2600 grafts.

Dr. Reddy is the best at cherry-picking that I have ever seen. If you look at all of his results he gets great results with a minimal amount of grafts, and this is because of the high hair/graft ratio. I have slowly become a fan of Dr. Reddy since he as become recommended for this exact reason

This is something I have noticed as well, and it does lead to very impressive results.

Maybe KR or a Dr Reddy rep can answer this, but one thing that I couldn't help but think of is what this strategy means from a long-term point of view. What I mean is:

Everyone, naturally, has a finite number of multi haired grafts. Does this approach not somewhat exhaust the multi-haired grafts of a patient, in that they will be left with mainly 1 and 2 hair grafts for future work if required?

I would have thought for frontal work, that use of several hundred 1-haired grafts would be optimal instead of splitting up 3 and 4 and 5 hair grafts? This would mean that the patient can use their precious 3/4/5 hair grafts for their midscalp and crown if needed down the line.

I'm not being critical by the way, I too have been very impressed by Dr Reddys work so far........ I'm just curious as to the clinics strategy in general when it comes to this kind of thing!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 4 weeks later...
This is something I have noticed as well, and it does lead to very impressive results.

Maybe KR or a Dr Reddy rep can answer this, but one thing that I couldn't help but think of is what this strategy means from a long-term point of view. What I mean is:

Everyone, naturally, has a finite number of multi haired grafts. Does this approach not somewhat exhaust the multi-haired grafts of a patient, in that they will be left with mainly 1 and 2 hair grafts for future work if required?

I would have thought for frontal work, that use of several hundred 1-haired grafts would be optimal instead of splitting up 3 and 4 and 5 hair grafts? This would mean that the patient can use their precious 3/4/5 hair grafts for their midscalp and crown if needed down the line.

I'm not being critical by the way, I too have been very impressed by Dr Reddys work so far........ I'm just curious as to the clinics strategy in general when it comes to this kind of thing!

Thanks for a very valid and interesting question. Whilst your aforementioned approach of picking grafts containing singles and doubles is very valid, Dr. Reddy has a slightly different approach to hair restoration. He believes hair restoration surgery is akin to gardening. Let's say the grafts at the back of the scalp can be compared to trees and the grafts at the front to twigs.

He believes to achieve a decently dense garden, one can place a lot of twigs or place a reasonable combination of twigs and trees, with the twigs being primarily used for the front. Secondly, he believes the retention rates for grafts is much higher when a smaller number of grafts are placed in an area, meaning less number of incision sites and less chance of overwhelming the scalp.

Lastly Dr. Reddy explained that his rates of transection of grafts, including those of partial transection is very little compared to what it used to be when he started performing FUE. He believes that provided enough attention is paid to extraction, the number of multiple haired grafts extracted can increase exponentially with the expertise of the surgeon using manual punches. This holds good for future transplants as well, as from our experience, we still get a rate of around 2.2 – 2.4 hair per graft when a client undergoes second or even third procedures with FUE with minimal rates of partial transection and minimal scarring at the back.

I hope we have been able to answer your query to a reasonable standard. Please do not hesitate to contact us as Dr. Reddy is clearly impressed by the quality of questions and the amount of knowledge and expertise among the community.

The work is first rate, but do you have any large cases you can present to us? say 5k grafts over multiple sessions as we see from the Turkish docs?

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 2 weeks later...
The work is first rate, but do you have any large cases you can present to us? say 5k grafts over multiple sessions as we see from the Turkish docs?

He believes in preserving future grafts for future session if needed. Dr Reddy has done cases with 4000 grafts and more but these are usually special cases with exceptional donor area and matured hair loss. As I mentioned earlier, Dr Reddy's technique is cherry picking chunky grafts, so we can achieve good results with a large number of hair and smaller number of grafts.