Cost is usually $5/graft for the first 2k, then it goes down to $3/graft for every one after that. every doctor has different prices though and some charge by area rather than graft count. that's for strip. FUE prices are generally higher because there's much more intensive work involved.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

This is good timing for me as I was recently quoted $3.50/graft for 1500 grafts in the Hartford/CT area.

In December I met a/ Bosley rep who quoted me $5.50 "end of the year special" if I got it done by 2008.

What's normal for this amount of grafts? Should I be concerned?

Originally posted by Geomarq:

This is good timing for me as I was recently quoted $3.50/graft for 1500 grafts in the Hartford/CT area.

In December I met a/ Bosley rep who quoted me $5.50 "end of the year special" if I got it done by 2008.

What's normal for this amount of grafts? Should I be concerned?

Be very concerned, any HT clinic offering 'special offers' etc are always untrustworthy...can't you see that that is a sales technique? the top docs don't need to stoop so low

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Tough question- in that fees vary widely, as does the kind of work performed.

Over the past few years, the average procedure size has increased significantly across the board, thus theoretically lowering graft prices.

It is always good to research fees, but I, as well as many of my colleagues, would advise you that one should choose a surgeon by his / her work, not the fees.

A great surgeon can do more with a smaller number of grafts, in many cases.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS

Miami and NYZC

"HT55", fwiw, had several ops w/ Dr. Cohen -- if I remember aright, he thought the work was "ok", and that not enough grafts were harvested (or could be harvested in that particular clinic). He's come and gone from quite a few forums, though, so he might be hard to track down, but could be worth your effort.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 5 months later...

Deiter Ginsberg,

Our hair grows in groups of 1,2,3 or 4 hair, these groups are called GRAFTS. With today's modern hair transplant techniques, doctors transplant groups/grafts in their NATURAL state. The only place where doctors put only SINGLE HAIR GRAFTS is the HAIRLINE. Then they put 2s, 3s and 4s behind the hairline. The more hair in the graft, the more density is achieved.

So when you see stories from doctors or patients on this site, you will most likely see the breakdown of their hair grafts (the number of 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s).

Good luck icon_smile.gif