Dr. Marco barusco - nighmere

nemack85

In May 2011, I had a fine head of hair but have always been very self-conscious. I work hard to maintain a good body and skin to look sexy so I decided to have a little transplant to fix my front line. I didn’t know anything about hair transplants and had a bad result and lost more than what they(a doctor in FLORIDA) transplanted (600 grafts). I was shocked (I was 25 years old) and I decide in June 2012 to have another surgery to fix the bad results of the first procedure. I was wrong.

I went to Marco Barusco thinking a more expensive doctor and a larger procedure (1800 grafts) was going to fix my problem, plus Marco was very nice. He promised to reduce the scar that the first procedure left me and he promised to fix the results of my first procedure and improve my overall look.

I trusted him and decided to go through with this second procedure which cost $8,500(all my savings). Initially I used Toppik to cover the shock loss post procedure. Nine months after the surgery my hair looked even worse than after the first procedure. I became addicted to Toppik and could no longer go without it because the scar on the back of my head was red, thick and noticeable. The front line where the transplant was had lost a lot of density and was very thin(and look weired).

After a few months Dr. Barusco opened the scar up again and re-stitched it shut in an effort to make it thinner. The result was the same as before so after a few months and another payment of $1400 I did FUE on the scar which also had a bad result. He tried again and again the results were still very bad.

In May 2013 I told him I was done having surgery on my head as nothing was working and I asked him very kindly for my money back(the most hard period of my life). After all of the mess and unsuccessful procedures he told me that he agreed it was not successful and would help me get my money back.

I stayed in constant contact with Dr. Barusco as I expected to receive my money back in a timely manner. After a couple months of promises for answers and still not hearing anything Dr. Barusco told I needed to gather opinions for other plastic surgeons regarding my situation to prove the procedures were not successful. As expected, they all agreed with me that it was NOT successful. I complied in a timely manner and waited to hear a response.

Today, six months after I initially requested my money back, I received a call from an attorney saying that they are NOT going to give me my money back and instead offered more surgery. I informed them I am not interested in surgery as every time it has proven unsuccessful. I also received a message from Dr. Barusco saying that he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore and if I want to talk I have to call his attorney.

I’m very disappointed in this experience because I trusted Dr. Barusco and didn’t receive the results I was promised or my money back because of it. His message today was the final nail in the coffin – I felt betrayed.

Worst mistake of my life, it has been a nightmere for me.

Learn from my mistake and be very careful if you decide to have a hair transplant with him. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that don’t really care about their patients.

I WILL ATTACH PICTURES SOON, JUST GIVE ME TIME TO WRITE THIS ALL OVER THE WEB.

EVRYBODY NEEDS TO KNOW.

You can reach out to me if you want to hear more or have any additional questions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says on Dr. Marco Barusco's website that he is a "Board Certified Hair Restoration Surgeon".

Is that true?

I thought there was not a board certification for hair transplant surgery?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 2 weeks later...

2 years and half ago, i use to be such an happy person, seems to be a million years ago, is ironic how such a thing can really change your life. My head of hair used to be so much better than today but in between i spent 12k to improve it and other money for propecia and other stuff. So what im left eith today is a huge scar very noticible (so embarrassing) and very wired hair line with hair direction not natural at all, very ugly to look at, so after all the money i spent today im a slave of toppik to look decent for friends and family and work. Nightmere nightmere nightmere What really hurts is that this people done that and not enough left me like you will leave a piece of trash alone, as soon as i asked some money back a lawyer contacted me. Be very carefull from this people, them and all the other hair transplant doctor are very well protected by law, you risk to be in my same situation with not to much to do, scarred forever, stolen of your image, self confidence , money , happiness, and many more. Im writing this with all my hearth, nobody deserve to be treated like this people treaded me. They seems so nice to talk to, and thats why i trusted at first .

I'm continually shocked at the deceitfulness and greed of some doctors. There's actually lots of doctors like this, some are just not as bad as others. What I don't understand is how 1) they can be so apathetic towards the live's of the people they're supposed to help and 2) have such a strong desire for money when they usually have more than enough to live comfortably.

Why try to obscure and disguise the true results of procedures? Why sugar coat it or outright lie? Just to get another sucker and take his/her money? It's an outrage knowing doctors out there are encouraging patients to subscribe to treatments that they themselves would never be caught having done. But why? Just for money? You have millionare doctors doing crap like this. Rich doctors manipulating both patients and insurance companies, maximizing their profits... when they're ALREADY wealthy. What the hell? Some of the loopholes doctors find to bill insurance companies are literally illegal, but they know they can get away with it.

My sympathies go out to you Nemack, it's an absolute disgrace when you have to look over your shoulder at the doctor's office of all places.

after all that happened and all the money they steal from me they also want 70 dollars to give me a copy of my file, omg this people are horrible, after spending all my money in this surgery, and they know it, the are asking me 70 dolllars for my file.

first I apologise for my English, im from Italy.

Marco Barusco is Brazilian.

So it all started with another Doctor ( I cannot say the name because I got my money back from the first one with a promise to don't say anything online about them), i was looking for a good consultation 3 years ago about my hair not because i was bold or i was bolding already, but just because i wanted to beat nature before the time, just to look good and to be attractive of course to girls, im 28 today so im really into that phase of my life where its pretty important my look.

I first went to hair club and they did not suggest me to do surgery!! but i didn stop to go around for consultation and i ended up to the first doctor.

I met this guy named Jose, very good talker, not a doctor and he pretty much conviced me that i needed a small procedure like 600 graft.

At that time my English was worst and i really never had bad experience with doctor at all (my father in Italy is a nurse so i have a lot of familiarity with hospital) so i really trusted the doctor in that clinic.

I decided to do the small surgery.

It didn't go good at all.

I was shocked.

I got my 2k back but i promise to don't write their name online.

The Jose guy, quitted working for that doctor and went to work for Barusco Marco, he conviced me that a person that could fix me up was MArco Barusco.

I really trusted him, i thought he was a friend

so i went there with my wife, he was sooooo nice, really nice person , i though that maybe with this person i could have any problem so he promised me to improve the look of my scar and improve my overall look.

8000 dollars(all my money), i waited waited and just a nightmere was coming, huge scar way thicker than the old one, huge hair shock, horrible overall look.

I was close to get a beackdown, not even when i los my mother i was so depressed for so long

The doctor tried to fix the scar

1 time he opened it and closet up again but nothing

2 time i paied 1400 dollars for fue nothing happened

in the mean time worst period of my life, i lost friends for this depression, almost lost my job, i stared to call my family in Italy les and less because scared and depressed.

3 time fue again and a few hair grew.

so in may i texted Marco Barusco, asking some money back , he told me ok i would love to help you , let me see what i can do.

6 month later , waiting and waiting he tell me that a lawyer will call me with the decision.

The lawyer (very rude) tell me that the doctor want to offer me another FUE.

So i told him that i don't want it because it doesn't work on me, and he tells me, ok than bye bye.

The doctor text me that he doesn't want to talk to me anymore and to talk to his lawyer.

I cryed all day long, was Halloween, so it took me 3 weeks to get better, today im just very desperate,

i contacted a lawyer, i asked the doctor to give me a copy of my file, the assistant contacted me, and the lawyer too, to tell me that if i want it i need to pay 70 dollars.

Soooo

I KNOW IS VERY LONG BUT PLEASE READ, if you don't understand just ask me (sorry for my English im from Italy).

You person , have to know what you are going to deal with if you decide to do anything with this people.

Please, trust me, be very carefull!!!!!!!!!!

Pezzo di merda.............

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Il mio sangue italiano e miei genitori sono italiani. Ho visto molti brutto trapianto negli ultimi 10 anni gli italiani che vanno a Hasson e Wong per riparare.

La tua storia non e raro.

Forza Milan!!

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

nemack85

I am sorry to hear your story. I am confused do you live in Italy or United States? Unfortunately these are past events that you no longer have control over. Its time to look forward and be positive. Maybe you should see some reputable doctors for a consult to get an honest opinion of your current situation. That way you will know your options.

i live in usa

Guys I need your help,

today I recived a letter from MARCO BARUSCO lawyer, they say in the letter (pretty intimidating letter) that I have to stop writing this bad review online otherwise they sue me pretty much.

So I repeat to everybody, I just had a fight also with my wife about it because of course she is super scared, that who this people are.

They will do anything to stop the truth, after scarring me forever and leaving me with a really bad job and without any money I don't have anything to lose.

Just think if you get a transplant with those people that's what could happen to you too.

Typically for these type of doctors. Its too bad that you never spend time on the internet researching before making a big decision. If so you probably wouldn't made such a bad choice. Never heard a good thing about this doctor even before you started posting. Maybe without saying anything negative post your pictures from before and after and let the internet world decide. In all honestly your results are normal whenever you deal with a subpar clinic or doctor so there is nothing shocking by it.

Good luck.

Capisco. Ora tempo di andare avanti, sono sicuro che si sta facendo la tua moglie impazzire.

Ti mando un messaggio privato. .

Maybe you misunderstood me. I have no reason to see your other pictures because my opinion about this doctor hasn't changed even before you posted.(merda e merda) I mentioned that I cant see anything wrong even with a thread of being sued to show your before and after pictures (as many as you can) and let people come to their own conclusion. Therefore you are not taking back about any doctor only showing your pictures to get an opinion and to let other posters see.

Don't be scared, that is what they are trying to do. This is what lawyers do, they try to intimidate people by sending them scary letters on official papers so they will bend to their will. They have no grounds for a lawsuit, you are expressing your opinion about numerous failed procedures at this doctor's hands, there is no disputing the results are terrible and you have other medical professions to back that up.

The only way they could sue you is if you were making slanderous unfounded claims, which you clearly are not. The fact that this piece of shit doctor refuses to speak to you and instead sends his lawyers to attack you only further proves your case and shows his true colors. He robbed you of thousands of dollars, disfigured your head, and then when he realized he couldn't extract another dollar out of you he let his attorney's loose on you and is threatening to sue you, what a great guy....:eek:

What makes me more mad is that I tried with all my power to talk to him right after I recived a call from his lawyer, I really wanted to talk to him, not to tell him bad words but just to tell him how I felt and ehy he did ask a lawyer to call me.

I tried In every way to contact him and talk because I knew that one day this was going to get worst like is happening.

Im not that kind of person that don't do anything if stuff happen to him, I come from a really interesting family from Napoli, Italy so im used to not such easy life already.

I tried to leave him a voice massage (I was crying btw in the massage), I sent email I called the office and talked to the assisntat witch was telling me that the doctor was busy and he was going to call me later , but of course never happened, I live in NYC, I got on a plane with my wife, we went down to port orange in person to his office, my wife didn't want me to walk in because she was scared of some personal reaction, I told her ok I understand, so she went in the office asking the doctor if he wanted to talk to me and he says no, I was out in the parking lot crying, you have no idea what people are until hard moment like this happen.

So , I really wanted to talk to him just to have a good adult talk to avoid stuff like this to happen, I mean me writing my review on this website, him maybe loosing some business because of it, him to send me scary latter with a lawyer and stuff like this.

all I wanted to tell him is just to give me at least a part of my money back for me to get over this and move on, and start again a new life, witch is really hard for me to do so because I am broke because of it(barusco knew that that was all my money), I sold my car because of it I asked money to my wife because of it (never asked a penny in my life not even to my father).

so now lets see what we have? him maybe loosing business, me getting scary letter from lawyer and still with no money, so just before christms we are all upset (I guess the only happy person is his lawyer).