The First Ever HT Video

Jotronic

So yesterday marked my ten year anniversary of working for Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong. Thinking about my career I decided to look through some old photos and stumbled across this gem from 2004. I shot this video about nine years ago and I had no idea at the time how video would impact the industry. I did post this online but it got lost in the shuffle of website and forum updates. I'm just glad I saved the original. Is it really the first ever HT video? I don't know but I don't recall seeing any before this one. 2004 was a looong time ago.

For 2013 I inserted some of my before pictures, taken before I ever set foot in Hasson & Wong, and added some music so it isn't so boring. Time sure had flown by since I shot this but it's cool to know that my hair ins't much different now, except I don't have highlights:) Now I have to go and shoot a new video like this to show how my hair has held up!!!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Beautiful. Sometimes pictures don't do justice to a result. Seeing results live gives a much more appreciable view. Thanks for sharing.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

First, cool music, and fitting.

Second, the best part of the video is not the result, which is excellent, especially for a decade ago, but the pride and satisfaction that you can so plainly see on your face.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Nick,

Thanks for the comment.

Spanker,

Thank you for your comment as well. The musician is a friend of mine from the UK. He's damned good:) When watching this video again for the first time in several years I was remembering what it was like to shoot it. I used my webcam for the video and I was able to see myself and when I saw the final "dry off" I remember thinking "Jesus! That is some hair!" It was a lot of fun and was a great time when I started working for the docs. Btw, I've not mentioned it yet but, Congratulations on your new gig with Dr. Konior! You've already been a great asset for him so it only makes sense to take it to the next level.

Tacolinowest,

At this time I had just grown out from my third procedure so I was not at nearly 9500 grafts like I am now. I was at just over 7500 grafts so I obviously didn't "need" over 9000 grafts. The last procedure, which was three years ago tomorrow I believe, was just for a modification I needed. I've detailed this before but I will again here.

With all the work Dr. Wong did for me he never hit the bottom half of my crown. If you were to draw a line across the middle of my crown, left to right, Dr. Wong only worked on the top half as I still had some hair, albeit not much, in the bottom half. Dr. Wong's strategy was that the hair he placed in the top half, in my second and third procedure, would simply "drape" over the bottom half due to gravity thus adding coverage to this thinner area below. He was right and the strategy served me very well for several years. This is the difference between a good doc and a great doc.

7 years later I wanted to change up my hair style to something shorter. I'm getting older and I'm a fan of the show Mad Men so I wanted to have a more conservative style like Don Draper and the other fellas on the show. In doing this, with a shorter hair cut, I knew that the bottom half of my crown would be thinner than the top half so I presented my issue to Dr. Wong, he rolled up his sleeves and we got to work on how to accomplish my goal. It was the perfect icing on the cake and now I'm able to sport short hair cuts with no issues. I'm at 9500 grafts, six surgeries total, two prior to Dr. Wong (not including my guinea pig sessions) and I can rock a #3 buzz cut. Dr. Wong and I calculated that with all of my surgeries, including the two I had before he got a hold of me, I've had about 6cm of scalp removed and you wouldn't even suspect as much looking at my hair.

So that, my friend, is why I have nearly 9500 grafts, as a repair patient no less, from Dr. Wong. Yeah, in that video I was very happy but I'm more happy now, which is odd, but I've never forgotten where I started. I'm still grateful to the talents of Dr. Wong and his ability to recognize my potential as a patient. Thank you for your question.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks Joe. I have regularly touted H and W's ability to pull off huge sessions. Luckily for your "virgin scalp" clients, most won't ever need that many surgeries.

6 cm is insane! That's almost as wide as a dollar bill! You must have the most stretchy scalp ever. I assume you did that through scalp exercises and no expander was used. That's amazing. Congrats!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congrats on the anniversary Joe!! You have helped changed a lot of people's lives for the better, along with Dr. H & Dr. W of course. You're really an asset to the balding community. I always find it funny when I see people accuse reps like you of being "strip mongers" or what have you, because I have always considered you to be one of the most honest and open people in the hair transplant industry. You are a straight shooter and never sugar coat the reality of hair restoration and that is only good for everyone.

Awesome video especially in that shows your incredible progress.

Your hair looked amazingly thick in 2004 Joe, but you still had subsequent procedures I believe.

Did it thin out a little over time?

This happened to me after having a great first procedure.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks, everyone.

HRSP10,

I didn't continue to thin. Read what I said on the previous page to Tacolinowest. It should explain it for you...

At this time I had just grown out from my third procedure so I was not at nearly 9500 grafts like I am now. I was at just over 7500 grafts so I obviously didn't "need" over 9000 grafts. The last procedure, which was three years ago tomorrow I believe, was just for a modification I needed. I've detailed this before but I will again here.

With all the work Dr. Wong did for me he never hit the bottom half of my crown. If you were to draw a line across the middle of my crown, left to right, Dr. Wong only worked on the top half as I still had some hair, albeit not much, in the bottom half. Dr. Wong's strategy was that the hair he placed in the top half, in my second and third procedure, would simply "drape" over the bottom half due to gravity thus adding coverage to this thinner area below. He was right and the strategy served me very well for several years. This is the difference between a good doc and a great doc.

7 years later I wanted to change up my hair style to something shorter. I'm getting older and I'm a fan of the show Mad Men so I wanted to have a more conservative style like Don Draper and the other fellas on the show. In doing this, with a shorter hair cut, I knew that the bottom half of my crown would be thinner than the top half so I presented my issue to Dr. Wong, he rolled up his sleeves and we got to work on how to accomplish my goal. It was the perfect icing on the cake and now I'm able to sport short hair cuts with no issues. I'm at 9500 grafts, six surgeries total, two prior to Dr. Wong (not including my guinea pig sessions) and I can rock a #3 buzz cut. Dr. Wong and I calculated that with all of my surgeries, including the two I had before he got a hold of me, I've had about 6cm of scalp removed and you wouldn't even suspect as much looking at my hair.

So that, my friend, is why I have nearly 9500 grafts, as a repair patient no less, from Dr. Wong. Yeah, in that video I was very happy but I'm more happy now, which is odd, but I've never forgotten where I started. I'm still grateful to the talents of Dr. Wong and his ability to recognize my potential as a patient. Thank you for your question.

Awesome video especially in that shows your incredible progress.

Your hair looked amazingly thick in 2004 Joe, but you still had subsequent procedures I believe.

Did it thin out a little over time?

This happened to me after having a great first procedure.

i think it looked exceptionally thick in that video because of the lighting, correct me if im wrong joe

TCWest,

That probably had something to do with it. I knew nothing about lighting back then. It also had something to do with my highlights. Highlights can make hair look fuller as well and overall the lighting was fairly low throughout the video.