Top hair transplant surgeons in NY & Advise needed

twinspark

Hello everyone,

I will be flying to New york from Cairo in a couple of weeks & I'm seriously considering undergoing FUE hair transplant. I have been contemplating this issue for more than 2 years now & to be honest. I'm still reluctant and hesitant.

My main concerns are the following:

I will be flying back to Egypt where medical care & experience in hair transplant is very little.

I heard that I have to be on Proscar for atleast 1 year after the operation. And having read & discussed its side effects with many doctors, its a very controversial topic and this is a show stopper for me, knowing that I stopped Rogain a while ago for the same reasons ( I can't say I have experienced any side effects while taking Rogain though).

Finally, I wear my hair short and I'm afraid that those tiny incisions are obvious.

I know that there is wealth of experience in here, so I would appreciate it so much if you could direct or guide me by sharing your experience and opinion regarding the above concerns. Also, please recommend a surgeon in New york cause I might need to arrange for a visit in case I decided to carry one with the operation.

Thank you,

Edited by twinspark

Dr. Feller is rhe best FUE doc in NY IMO and that of many others.

Immediately post op, the donor punches will be obvious but after a week or two, they usually heal to the point where they are noticable but not too obvious. especally when the surounding hair starts to grow in.

You do not have to be on finasteride at all, ever. However, it is highly recommended to prevent future hairloss. I believe the overwelming majority of the negative hype about finasteride is just that "hype". There are countless people on here and all over the world who have had good luck with the drug and no side effects.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

You are from Egypt. It would be much cheaper and much more wise to stay on that side of the world if you're keen on going FUE. The best surgeons in the world for FUE are in Europe. In my opinion, I would go to Turkey if I were you. Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Doganay are the best for the money.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

My first post. I am needing a transplant, desparately. I am an actor. Been having hair loss over the last 4 years, but dramatically since July. Receding hair line, and weird balding right in the middle of my head and crown.

I wanted to find someone in NY. I really would love to hear from someone - who I should use. I met with Bernstein 2 years ago...a huge waste. Very rude and condensending. And did nothing. I have dramatically lost so much more hair.

But I am going to take the plunge - soon.

I do have questions though.

If for whatever reason, the transplant doesn't take, are their noticiable scars from FUE?

Also, is there such a thing as partial hair replacement systems? Maybe I could get an FUE at first for my hairline, and then the replacement system in the middle of my head?

Can't find anyone with that type of system? is there such a thing?

so many questions, so much to digest and so little time to figure it out.

thanks so much.

Do you have any pics? You would get more detailed replies once people have a visual.

I'd recommend you get in-person consultations with a few top docs first, to get an idea of how they see you. Feller, True&Dorin are nearby so why not meet with them first!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

In New York I would look up Dr. Feller and Dr. Wesley. However, to both posters asking for help: It sounds like you have not done your due diligence to be getting HT surgery any time soon. Please educate yourselves (this forum is a great place to start!) before doing anything. Best of luck.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

To the OP, you should consult with Dr. Feller. He will discuss your issues with you and he will be brutally honest about your case.

To HelpWanted,

Transplants to make a hairline with a system behind is very effective but is rarely warranted. We have done this several times but this is the ultimate of commitments as once it's done it cannot necessarily be undone.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hello everyone,

I will be flying to New york from Cairo in a couple of weeks & I'm seriously considering undergoing FUE hair transplant. I have been contemplating this issue for more than 2 years now & to be honest. I'm still reluctant and hesitant.

My main concerns are the following:

I will be flying back to Egypt where medical care & experience in hair transplant is very little.

I heard that I have to be on Proscar for atleast 1 year after the operation. And having read & discussed its side effects with many doctors, its a very controversial topic and this is a show stopper for me, knowing that I stopped Rogain a while ago for the same reasons ( I can't say I have experienced any side effects while taking Rogain though).

Finally, I wear my hair short and I'm afraid that those tiny incisions are obvious.

I know that there is wealth of experience in here, so I would appreciate it so much if you could direct or guide me by sharing your experience and opinion regarding the above concerns. Also, please recommend a surgeon in New york cause I might need to arrange for a visit in case I decided to carry one with the operation.

Thank you,

I know you have said you are contemplating an FUE procedure in New York, but with Egypt being so close to Turkey, I would personally go with Dr Erdogan or Hakan(or Lorenzo or Bisanga if you don't want to go Turkey) for quality FUE. In my opinion(and it is just an opinion), Dr Feller or any of the other New York doctors are not on par with the likes of Erdogan, Hakan, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Mwamba, Reddy, Feriduni at FUE. Just my opinion and I won't push this further in this thread if you really want to have FUE done in New York. Look at the results of the New York Doctors(at FUE) and then compare them to the other doctors I mentioned, you can make up your own mind on who is more adept at FUE in terms of scale, yield and consistency. I don't believe all FUE surgeons are equal.

Thank you so much guys for your guidance. Turkey is definitely closer to Egypt & sounds more reasonable.

On a separate note, I'm just curious to know the average price range for grafts in a well reputable clinic in Turkey Vs NY. Having said that, I will never compromise quality for cost, but it might be a good idea to set one's expectations.

Thanks a million for all who replied. Appreciated :)

I sent this photo to many doctors and somehow I got the same exact reply from 3 of them saying that I need 4000 grafts and the price per graft is 2 euros (FUE), is this okay? Advise needed please as i need to make up my mind asap. BTW, those Doctors were in turkey not NY

5b32db0538390_2013-10-0419_33_22.jpg.4142ea3981fb1702df565a5fdf65dee8.jpg