3916 grafts with hakan doganay in Antalya

Xkos48

I think too many people assume that you should have 50% growth at 6 months and I would include myself in that.

After reading the web further and in particular a video by H&W has made me much happier. I have read on many occasions that 75% of patients do not have any growth at all by month 4. In the majority of cases people get noticeble growth starting at month 6.

These quotes have come from doctors rathern than patients, so I'm more inclined to trust the docs!

So stay positive.

In Hakan we trust!!!

yeah,i've also read those articles,and am inclined to believe,that after a hairtransplant,all men are not created equal.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't listen to the people who say you should be unhappy with your results. You results aren't in yet and it looks like you're just entering the growth phase. Listen to those who say to be patient. It appears you have quite a few grafts waiting to emerge. Here's what my surgeon's rep says about growth:

Hair grows differently between individual hair follicles and zones of implantation. You will be have additional hair emerging into view with time, so it's best not to analyze anything too much until the 9-12 month mark. When it starts growing, it is initially under the skin and then often emerges baby fine and with little or no pigmentation. This slow and discreet process can be disconcerting, especially when other hair has emerged and become visible more quickly.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Dr Hakan was one of the doctors on my short-list as I had been very impressed with his showcase results. However lately I have seen many patients of his on this forum who seem to be getting poor results. I just hope that in getting accredited on this forum standards have not slipped from the increase in business.

Yes, this is an emerging (and worrying) trend.....having said that a lot of these patients haven't reached the 12 month mark yet.

Edited by FUE2014

Yes, this is an emerging (and worrying) trend.....having said a lot of these patients haven't reached the 12 month mark yet.

that's where the real challenge lies,keeping standards at a high level,no matter the increase in business.but i'm still optimistic about my outcome.

• 2 months later...

I will update on the 20th of May,it will be the nine month mark.I haven't updated because there's not much progress.There is a difference, but below what I expected,I will probably be heading back to Antalya at the end of August for round 2,and for the last time,I will be also be addressing the vertex.

Edited by Xkos48

• 1 month later...

We'll here it is,not good,I will be going back to Antalya next month for round 2,and last time.photos taken with favourable lighting.

image.jpg.a92a30609ab8c1884db1cf2394628de3.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg.02d7ffa3186badfdd02485c46c2927e1.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg.9ecc7510795e7a3588ba881e704e5e7e.jpg

Edited by Xkos48

We'll here it is,not good,I will be going back to Antalya next month for round 2,and last time.photos taken with favourable lighting.

Hey buddy. Really sorry to see that :(

I hope they Can get it better because This is really a dissapointment :(

Hi Xkos48,

what did they say... in terms of the result. did they say what they think may have gone wrong? also are they doing your second round at a reduced price??

what does "full responsibility" actually mean?

did they say what they think they did wrong the first time around and what they will be doing differently this time in order to achieve a better result?

It means that not all grafts sprouted hairs,and because I am not satisfied they will take measures to rectify the problem.I believe second operation with manual punch and Bhr will have a better outcome.

• 1 month later...

We'll round 2 is finished,with a lot of differences,1st time at aspendos,now at ofm,1st time techs did the extraction,this time it was the. Dr with a tech and manually,1st time grafts were out of head for about 3.5 hours,this time not even an 1.5 hours.2nd day beard hair was taken with micro-motor by techs,and implanted again by dr and tech very quickly.This time I got PRP,the 1st time no.I asked the dr,why only about half the grafts from last year came out,he said,it was graft mistreatment during extraction,or patient not following post-op care or my scalp rejected the follicles,which I never heard of.Anyway I will be posting photos when I have better wifi,and I will post only at 6 months and 12 months,unless something spectacular happens,cheers to all

image.jpg.40eb6c2e38b0be03798fbf1987d4f0a1.jpg

Edited by Xkos48

Hi mate, good luck with the recovery this time around. hopefully it turns out better and the way you expect.

were you awake this time or given the gas or whatever to knock you out??