Dr. Rahal vs. NY docs

dess

Hi,

I'm contemplating on having HT done in the near future and I am looking at Rahal and a few docs in NY (mainly Bernstein, True/Dorin and Feller). I know they are all great doctors, but I am wondering what members recommend for my needs. I am something like a Norwalk 2. I do not have a "bald spot" per say, just diffuse thinning on top. My scalp is mildly visible under light when hair is combed down, however, if I spike it scalp is clearly visualized. I also have a mildly receding hairline.

I am looking for an aggressive treatment, would like the aim to be 1 treatment to reach my goals of denser hair ontop. Would like the hairline at the temples to be brought in and anteriorly to be brought down. Who has a more aggressive approach with the hairline and in increasing density? And is there anyone who has a better reputation with shock loss. This is of considerable concern for me, because I have a decent amount of hair on top as of now, putting me at higher risk.

Thank you in advance

In my own opinion, the only doctor among these 3 NY doctors that can reach to the level of Dr. Rahal is Dr. Feller. They both have good similar HT work however Feller is much more expensive!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

You are doing your research a bit backwards. Consult with each doctor first, then post some pictures on here with what each recommended. Otherwise you simply have members taking guesses.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

As forum bloggers, we can give an impression of what we think, but doctors and doctors alone make a diagnosis.

All the docs you mentioned are great and you be in safe hands with any of them.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Soo. Dr. Feller actually isn't that expensive if you go for a megasession; he's actually one of the most affordable physicians in the USA for anything over 3,000 grafts (if I remember correctly).

To address your particular question. They are all great surgeons, however nobody can give you any advice until you tell us more about yourself. Age? Family history of balding? Medications? Pictures?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

You are doing your research a bit backwards. Consult with each doctor first, then post some pictures on here with what each recommended. Otherwise you simply have members taking guesses.

Very true. Talk with them first, see who you can work with, see who you feel confident about in terms of approach they recommend. Man, you will feel a world of a difference after talking to docs and their reps. Do not discount the fact that some docs might even "pass" on you for some reason....personal experience (some years back H&W did not take me up and they were right!).

I think all of these docs are good and as others have said, you should consult with them first and go from there. I can tell you that Dr. Bernstein is so over the top conservative and his approach is night and day to that of Rahal for example. I am not saying Dr. B's approach is wrong and you may like it but just using it as an example as to why you should consult with all of them as their approach and style can vary quite a bit.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

for strip I'd choose Rahal.definitely more aggressive than other two and personally his strip results are among the very,very best,if not the best out there.

Why did you specifically mention strip in regards to Rahal. I am interested in doing FUE. Sorry for my ignorance.