Hair Transplant Surgeons/Clinics in Ireland

TonyB

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about going for a hair transplant, as my hair has thinned significantly. For the first few years, I was dealing with it ok. However, for the past year my hairloss has really got to me. My hairloss seems to have stopped over the past 2 years, I am currently a 3-4 on the Norwood hairloss scale. From reading online, a FUE procedure seems to be the least invasive.

Does anyone know anything about the following hair clinics?

**outside link removed** This clinic is based in Malahide, Dublin and the hair transplant surgeon is Dr. Sam van Eeden. From looking online, I cannot find any reviews from patients about his work. However, he is a member of the The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons(ISHRS). Places on this board are coveted and difficult to secure - this would imply that he is a good surgeon but I am slightly concerned by the lack of online reviews.

There have been a couple of negative articles (non hair transplant related) in the Irish media about this Doctor which is quite off putting.

**outside link removed**

I have not heard much about them but they frequently appear in search engines.

**outside link removed**

They carry-out consultations in Ireland but the surgery would be performed in London or Madrid.

Right now, these are the three clinics which I am researching for my transplant. However, their surgeons do not appear to have many/any online reviews. If anybody has any feedback/knowledge (positive or negative) about the above clinics, please let me know.

I posted a similar thread in another forum but it appears to be much less active than this site.

If you can recommend any other clinics in Europe, it would also be useful.

Thanks!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Mate.....take this little bit of advice from a fellow Irishman........NO to all of the above. They are leagues below other docs yet charge close to the same or more.

I've done extensive research over the past 9-12 months and had my first HT a few days ago in Brussels. There are some really great options in Europe for you.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

No problem. BHRs prices are nice and transparent and for FUE are €5 for the first 1,000 grafts and €3 for each graft after that.

What I'd strongly suggest you do is.......take about 6-7 good photos of your current situation, each from a different angle. Send them on to multiple top clinics. I did this for about 6-7 clinics and it was very interesting to compare their suggestions.

From there, you should begin to get a feel for how many grafts you need.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Never heard of the first one but the other 2 clinics are sh*te!

You're going to have to travel at least as far as the UK. In terms of cost (excluding travel) it is approximately this order:

Highest

1. UK

2. USA/Europe/Canada

3. Turkey/Thailand

4. India

Lowest

Definately take JD's advice and spend a lot of time researching the various Drs, looking at their results and contacting them directly. Most people spend at least 6 months researching. I spent over 18 months and I know others on here have for much longer.

Good luck and if you post some photos we all enjoy chiming in on what we think is achievable...

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Sorry just spotted your second question. I believe they are usually booked about 5 months in advance.

Current Regimen:

Never heard of the first one but the other 2 clinics are sh*te!

You're going to have to travel at least as far as the UK. In terms of cost (excluding travel) it is approximately this order:

Highest

1. UK

2. USA/Europe

3. Turkey/Thailand

4. India

Lowest

LOL I guess Canada would be number 5 ;).

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

LOL I guess Canada would be number 5 ;).

Well spotted! I'll put you in at 2 I think.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

As an Irishman who suffered at the hands of a certain hair transplant surgeon in Ireland about 15 years ago, I have some experience. If I was to get work done in Ireland again, it would be the Blackrock clinic Dublin with Dr Maurice Collins. I've had two consultations in an 18 month period, no gimmicks, no salesman stuff, he is thorough, takes lots of photos, will prescribe propecia and insist you go away and think about things for atleast six months before he proceeds. My first transplant was sold to me by a man in a suit in some downstairs office that told me applying minodoxil to my head was akin to taking bleach or window cleaner from the kitchen and putting it on my head. He also told me a hairdresser would never be able to detect my donor scar. Complete BS.

Dr Collins is in another league. I think he did Louis Walsh's hair and that Irish actor Nesbitt from up north. In saying that, I don't know how he compares with British/European surgeons. His premises is top notch. Looks and feels very professional.

The downside for me, well there are two, he is bloody, bloody expensive and only does FUT.

Do lots of research. I am currently considering Farjo in England or a couple of the Belgian surgeons mentioned on this site.

Again, do lots of homework before you jump in.

Edited by leindub

I looked at Blackrock clinic's website. The results look good but why is it so expensive? I traveled to the US from England 2 months ago and got a transplant with Ron Shapiro for much less than I'd have have been charged at Blackrock. And Blackrock's reputation doesn't, as far as I am aware, begin to compare with Shapiro's. Blackrock may be fine if you have the income of Louis Walsh, but why don't you do as I do, go to one of the top doctors in the US, save yourself a lot of money, and have an enjoyable holiday too? Blackrock prices seem a bit on the greedy side to me, which naturally arouses my distrust.

I did have a consultation in Blackrock, however, their prices are just too expensive for me...up to 5 times dearer than other reputable surgeons prices.

Has anybody gone for a transplant at Blackrock?