Where would we be without Al Gore?

A post I read yesterday really struck a chord with me: some miserable failure of a doctor (or human being, for that matter) performed 25 strip surgeries on this gentleman within a 6 year span.

Can you even begin to imagine what that must be like? I'd have to assume this was like 100 grafts at a time. INSANE!

This had me thinking about how I would have approached my own issues without this forum and the internet as a whole. I probably would have ran off to Bosley and paid double for the privilege of getting butchered.

However, thanks to this forum in large part...I've made a good decision in selecting a HT surgeon who is not only highly skilled but (just as important) highly ethical, as well.

While I still have a journey ahead, I feel empowered against an issue that had caused me to feel quite unempowered for too long of a time. The vast majority of that I attribute to the great info that forums like these provide. Thanks everyone.

It took me at least a minute to figure out what Al Gore had to do with it. :)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Gore looks like he has had a very successful procedure.

Yes!

brazile2.jpg

r-AL-GORE-large570.jpg?6

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• Moderators
A post I read yesterday really struck a chord with me: some miserable failure of a doctor (or human being, for that matter) performed 25 strip surgeries on this gentleman within a 6 year span.

Can you even begin to imagine what that must be like? I'd have to assume this was like 100 grafts at a time. INSANE!

Pulpedfiction1

I know you're talking about me, so I figured I'd clear a few things up.

The actual amount of time was 5 years and 3 months. In my other post I was adding an additional 9 months of waiting for the HT to grow. My first HT was on September 7, 1989 and the 25th one was December 2, 1994... an average of about 2.5 months between sessions, ranging from about 6 weeks to around 4 months. There was a total of 1393 grafts in sizes between (I think) 2.5mm and 3.75mm. 90 of those were grafts that were removed and redistributed. These were grafts that were originally placed in the crown and later redistributed throughout the frontal zone when they realized they weren't going to be able to create a reasonable frontal area. I also had multiple scalp reductions. For sessions where actual grafts were done (other than just a scalp reduction), the least amount performed was 12 in a single session. There were 4 sessions that had 50 grafts or less.

Also note that they did not reuse the same scar back then. A new scar was created for each surgery, so my entire head is now a mess of many rows of scars.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.