Anyone know get 400-500 grafts

Why so few grafts?? Have you had a consultation and that's what they've told you? Or is this a number that you have thought up? I'm sure that there are quite a few surgeons that would do a mini-session like that. We just don't really see it often.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Unless you are looking at a very very small spot, save your money. 500 grafts will likely not make you happy. However a lot of doctors that do FUE will do small procedures like that just to fill in an empty afternoon. You will need to research what doctor you like and contact them, however, you need to do a lot of research and decide if that many grafts are even worth planting.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Are there really surgeons out there willing to open someone up for 500 grafts? I'd imagine this would be considered borderline malpractice.

500 grafts are essentially pointless, even for a NW 2 pattern.

To the original poster: you have a lot of reading to do. If the money is an issue, consider either financing your procedure or saving up until you can afford an appropriate number of grafts for your situation. You don't want to do this 'half-assed'. Photos would help. Also, get away from the mindset of being set on one particular geographic region. Go with the best surgeon, regardless of convenience. Many here travel abroad for their procedure, and have amazing results to show for it.

If you were planning on going the FUE route, realize that you'll likely only see 60-80% growth. So those 500 grafts youre paying for are really only 300-400.

Unless you are looking at a very very small spot, save your money. 500 grafts will likely not make you happy. However a lot of doctors that do FUE will do small procedures like that just to fill in an empty afternoon. You will need to research what doctor you like and contact them, however, you need to do a lot of research and decide if that many grafts are even worth planting.

500 grafts to fine tune a hairline or temple points is not unheard of, I think Dr. Feller calls it "lunch time fue" or something like that. Do your research Tom maybe a more thought out strategy would make sense.

This is true, I could probably find a place to put 500 grafts.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

500grafts don't go for it.its not worth. I would agree that you should wait nd go for maximum number of graft rather then just get 500 grafts. Make sure you check price of ht surgeon who is cheapest and give good results.this forum will help u

Looking for the cheap route with HTs can end up costing you far more in the long run. Do more research so you really understand all your options, and in the meantime just put away some money every month. If you do this for a few years you'll be much better educated and in a better place financially. I know hairloss is tough, but having to fix a bad HT is far worse.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

How much loss do you have, what norwood level? If you post some pics of your hair it would help, but 500 grafts is more than likely going to be pointless and a waste of time and money unless you have an extremely small amount of loss.

Basically think of it like this, if you get 500 grafts placed at your hairline at a good density of 50 grafts/cm2 you will be filling a 10cm2 area or a 2cm x 5cm area