Fellas, anything new on the horizon for hair loss?

Spanker

There has not been much activity in the future medical treatments forum, wondering if you all have seen or read anything. Let's keep our fingers crossed about what is to come. I have been hoping for a cure magic treatment for 20 years (when I started worrying about it). We put a Rover on Mars man. How about some follicular help?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Probably there is in some lab but pharmaceutic companies would buried themselves if they put it in the market. There's much better money when keeping you alive, on the edge, forever then cured forever.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep looking for new and innovative breakthroughs as well but it seems to be the same old news involving mice that is regurgitated every so often.

It's true that any company would make billions if they put a cure on the market but the old argument of eventually there will be no-one left to cure is bogus, genetics will see to that!

Until you can change DNA safely and easily there will always be balding men in the world as every new generation comes along.

You would think this would be enough but as we all know, everything is never enough for governments and corporations and they can probably squeeze more money out of you with their snake oils and half treatments that don't really work that well.

I honestly think a proper cure for full hair regrowth is out there somewhere but I genuinely just don't think it has been found yet, but I blame red tape more than anything else as every bit of news seems to be stuck in animal testing limbo but you can bet your sweet ass that if a cure was to be found that the old methods would be milked before there was even a sniff of it to the public!

There has not been much activity in the future medical treatments forum, wondering if you all have seen or read anything. Let's keep our fingers crossed about what is to come. I have been hoping for a cure magic treatment for 20 years (when I started worrying about it). We put a Rover on Mars man. How about some follicular help?

I totally echo your thoughts......we might end up putting human beings on Mars in a couple of years!! this is just disheartening that a cure is still not on the anvil......

In the interest of time, I wanted to simply list some potential future treatments "on the horizon." If any member has further questions, just ask in the thread and I'll explain in better detail:

-Donor doubling procedures

-3-D culturing and multiplication of dermal papilla stem cells

-Dermal rolling with growth factors like lithium or fgf9

-Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus technique

-New topical anti-androgens (like CB-03-01 and RU58841)

-Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex

Those are just a few that come to mind. Obviously, nothing here is set in stone, and remember that future treatments are often only theoretical and never come to fruition as planned.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the list, it's nice to know stuff is actually going on.

The 3D printing concept sounds extremely interesting but I suppose I am like others in that I'd prefer a regrowth cure/treatment rather than addition to surgery so the Histogen's hair stimulating complex really caught my eye.

Could you explain a bit more about it please?

the Derma roller one sounds interesting as well. I use a derma roller (without product) twice a month anyway and I've had a few new hairs and lots of fuzzy velus hair sprouting because of it but nothing that makes any significant change.

Swayze,

Here is something I wrote about Histogen and its Hair Stimulation Complex (HSC) a while back:

Of all the biotech firms and researchers assessing injectable solutions, one of the most prevalent may be the regenerative medicine company Histogen Inc and its patented Hair Stimulation Complex (HSC). According to Histogen, the HSC serum contains proteins and growth factors released by dermal cells in time of follicular growth and stimulation. In theory, by injecting this HSC serum into the scalp, these isolated growth factors and proteins create new hair growth and hair regeneration is achieved.

FUEonly,

I personally think donor doubling techniques show the most promise. I'm excited to watch the procedure progress.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Wonderful! That regrowth technique sounds just the ticket ( if it works well)

Where can I find updates about this research as if like to keep an eye on it.

Also could you describe this doner doubling techneque? This also sounds fascinating!

Thank you for the information!

• 2 weeks later...