I'm 20 years old and want to do HT.

Hello guys, I know 99% of you won't suggest to do hair transplant at such a young age but there's something I can't understand, I'm losing hair everywhere in my head and the only think that is bothering me its my hairline. I know If I do ht on the hairline only in couple of years ill be NW7 and with hair on the front then and I have an idea for that : since I barely have hair left in my entire head I would like to cover all my head with hair system and transplant my hairline for natural results and at this case I can't see how the age play here, I know my hair loss reason is genetic, my father was NW7 when he was 26 and same with his 5 brothers, so basically my question is how does it matter what is my age.. I'm asking that since no1 is willing to do the surgery on me and its just killing me..

I'm asking that since no1 is willing to do the surgery on me and its just killing me..

Maybe that is a sign to wait. Post some clear pictures and we evaluate the situation.

I'm 21, almost 22, and More the half the surgeons I have had a consultation with have agreed to transplant on me, and mind you these doctors are highly recommend on this forum and have a good rep.

I'm 21, almost 22, and More the half the surgeons I have had a consultation with have agreed to transplant on me, and mind you these doctors are highly recommend on this forum and have a good rep.

Could you please post some photos? It will help me so much! Thank you! The only doctor I'm actually interested is dr rahal, since i just want to transplant my hairline only and he's my only hope..

Rahal isn't your only hope. Dr Feller did an amazing job for me and many others, there are many excellent surgeons on here who could give you a great hair line.

Think 5 years down the line. What if you get sick of wearing a wig? If you do it now you'll be locked into it.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Think 5 years down the line. What if you get sick of wearing a wig? If you do it now you'll be locked into it.

Indeed. I would suggest concentrating on finding a decent hairpiece. There are some good ones out there but I wouldn't know where to start.

Only after a year or two of use then maybe go for the HT.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Rahal isn't your only hope. Dr Feller did an amazing job for me and many others, there are many excellent surgeons on here who could give you a great hair line.

Well I'm using Toppik for almost 4 years, everyday I wake up early and take a shower and then put the toppik, usually it takes me about 40 minutes the whole thing and I'm doing for so long that hair system won't bother me, I've done anything already, hair system, micro pigemantation I didn't like the hair system because of the front, the hairline doesn't look good at all and that's why I want to transplant my hairline and cover the rest with wig.. What do you think about that? I just know this is the only way to have back the hair I used to have..

Could you please post some photos? It will help me so much! Thank you! The only doctor I'm actually interested is dr rahal, since i just want to transplant my hairline only and he's my only hope..

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170006-21-years-old-very-bad-hairline-wanting-hair-transplant-within-next-year.html

Indeed. I would suggest concentrating on finding a decent hairpiece. There are some good ones out there but I wouldn't know where to start.

Only after a year or two of use then maybe go for the HT.

So Matt, In a year or two the OP will be 22, so just wondering you think it's ok to get a transplant at 21/22?

I ask because I'm also 22.

So Matt, In a year or two the OP will be 22, so just wondering you think it's ok to get a transplant at 21/22?

I ask because I'm also 22.

This chap wants to go for a transplant in front of a hairpiece and to continue wearing a hairpiece for the rest of his life. I know this can be done but Drs won't do it on anyone hasn't proved their lifelong commitment to wearing a piece. It's not the same as doing several HTs in your 20s and continually chasing it:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/145324-*photos*-placing-grafts-front-hair-system.html

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I seriously can't understand, whats the problem to wear hair piece (as long as it looks 100% natural and no1 can guess it's not ur hair), It's same as TOPPIK, u basically live a lie but thats the only way to get back the hair I used to have when I was 15, I'm using TOPPIK for 4 years, waking up at 5AM in the morning to be ready at 7AM, If that's didn't kill me for 4 years i'm sure nothing won't be able to make me giveup haha, what do you think about this : ?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/145324-*photos*-placing-grafts-front-hair-system.html

I would like to hear you opinion, thanks! :)

Try wearing one for a while then and see how you feel. Get the piece on your head for 5 years and see if you can do it long term, then go for the HT on the front. Maybe your hairloss will be so advanced then you could even do a H&W megasession.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 9 years later...