Michael Vories, MD- FUE 2109 grafts

Was it the patient who opted for such a modest number of grafts? Indeed it is quite a lot covered for 2100 grafts. I would have opted for more for a more appealing cosmetic look, but overall nice work.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Sorry but I would say that does not look good!! There's a almost bald patch right down the centre from the front to well into the mid section, and I don't think the result looks natural!! I appreciate the graft count is low on someone with that level of loss but personally I wouldn't bother if that was what would be considered a good result with that level of loss to number of grafts used! Just being honest!

I think given this patient is only 7 months post op, there is still some hope for a great outcome. However right now, it appears that the hair is still very thin. Lots of time still for the follicles to mature; however, if I were the patient, I would have chosen a more aggressive approach and spent the extra money to receive more grafts in the first go-around. It also appears that this patient has fine (or medium coarse), straight, dark hair......which aren't the ideal hair characteristics to give added illusion of density. I know, because I have the same type of hair (damn Italian ancestry!!!) =)

I hope that the patient is a slow grower, and that the density picks up for him over the next year. With such a small amount of grafts used (provided he hasn't had several procedures prior to this), he should have some decent donor left to do a second pass if he chooses to do so at a later date.

But I think given the grafts used, this patient definitely experienced an improved result at this stage. Thank you for sharing with the forum Dr. Vories!!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Altogether, I think this is a pretty good result for 7 months. I do think there has been some additional thinning in the frontal scalp/hairline, and the density is a bit thinner, but I believe it's a nice improvement.

Hopefully we will be updated at the 12 month mark as well.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Looking at the details, I think this is a nice result with more yet to come. A lot of real estate was covered with a relatively small number of grafts. A second pass may be necessary to meet the patient's goals but that would not be unusual.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

The background on this patient is we planned for a second pass after the one year mark. After his 7 month follow-up, he was pleased with the result and did not believe he needed further grafting.

I like this case because it shows what 2000 grafts can and cannot do for patients with a void frontal forelock, and helps in managing patient expectations.