Wayne Rooney - Can HTs really cost 30K?!

How in the bloody hell has Wayne Rooney's FUE HT cost him 30K like it has been said on news?! Sometimes they say 10K...

Yet that's surreal. I've read some people claiming it really was only 6K since they made FUEs on that same London clinic as well.

Why and how 30K? How is this even possible? Or because he's a celebrity he gave extra money for publicity or something?

Or are these just fabricated numbers made by the press?

:confused:

Tony,

Prices will vary. In general, FUE procedures (which is what I believe Mr. Rooney had) are more expensive. Large FUE procedures could potentially reach this level, but $30,000, but it's definitely not the norm.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Tony,

Prices will vary. In general, FUE procedures (which is what I believe Mr. Rooney had) are more expensive. Large FUE procedures could potentially reach this level, but $30,000, but it's definitely not the norm.

He has made FUE. But how can he pay a lot more than the usual client who suffers from a similar level and gets the same results?

Edited by TonyStark83

He has amde FUE. But how can he pay a lot more than the usual client who suffers from a similar level and reaches the same results?

Some doctors do more than one surgery per day. If Rooney had the clinic shut down for him, he may have paid extra. However, since he was willing to go public with his procedure, he probably could have gotten in for free. I mean, if (insert famous pro-athlete here) wanted to have a surgery in my clinic, go public, and disclose the clinic, if would be on the house.:rolleyes:

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

How in the bloody hell has Wayne Rooney's FUE HT cost him 30K like it has been said on news?! Sometimes they say 10K...

Yet that's surreal. I've read some people claiming it really was only 6K since they made FUEs on that same London clinic as well.

Why and how 30K? How is this even possible? Or because he's a celebrity he gave extra money for publicity or something?

Or are these just fabricated numbers made by the press?

:confused:

How many grafts did he have? It's very possible especially considering he had it done in London, which is notoriously expensive for everything. Say he had 3000 grafts at $10/graft and you have a 30k procedure.

With the recent rise of the great Turkish doctors, if I was considering FUE I don't think I would go anywhere else. They are getting as good or better results than anyone else and they are charging less than what most top clinics are charging for strip.

Wayne Rooney was not bald enough to get procedures with he cost of 30K.

He made that one and recently, I think last June, he has made a second procedure.

I've made two procedures last years (20 and 21 of September) and this year I'm gonna get a 3rd one.

Wayne Rooney was not bald enough to get procedures with he cost of 30K.

He made that one and recently, I think last June, he has made a second procedure.

I've made two procedures last years (20 and 21 of September) and this year I'm gonna get a 3rd one.

Dude he was definitely bald enough to warrant 3000 grafts or more, and at $8-$10 a graft it is entirely reasonable to conclude that he spent at least 30k

I remember H&W posting a result of an Italian patient who had a MEGA MEGA session of I believe nearly 10,000 grafts.. I would be interested to know how much that one ran!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Dude he was definitely bald enough to warrant 3000 grafts or more, and at $8-$10 a graft it is entirely reasonable to conclude that he spent at least 30k

Dude, how can 3000 grafts cost 30K?!

From my HTs I got more grafts and no way it cost as much as that. It's insane.

Dude, how can 3000 grafts cost 30K?!

From my HTs I got more grafts and no way it cost as much as that. It's insane.

There are several docs that cost that much. Dr. Feller is, or was, $10 per graft for FUE.

Dr. Lorenzo, I believe, is over $9 per graft FUE (this is in US dollars).

There are others that are in that price range, which makes a 3000 graft procedure perfectly likely.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

There are several docs that cost that much. Dr. Feller is, or was, $10 per graft for FUE.

Dr. Lorenzo, I believe, is over $9 per graft FUE (this is in US dollars).

There are others that are in that price range, which makes a 3000 graft procedure perfectly likely.

That's what I was thinking all the time. It must be something with crazy prices some doctors may practice.

However, I've read some people who alleged that have done FUEs in that same clinic in London and say the real price of Rooney's FUE was somethign like 6K.

6K is a value that makes perfect sense to me.

prices range from the sublime to the ridiculous, in Ireland Hair Restoration Blackrock charges €10 per graft and thats FUT Strip, absolutely crazy, i guess when your clients are famous like James Nesbitt and Louis Walsh you can get away with that but its certainly not within the range of what the ordinary man on the street can afford.

In Wayne Rooneys case the accuracy of the media reportage in the UK has been very poor, from the knowledge shown about the procedure itself to the huge differences in prices being bandied about, its quite embarassing really.

I guess the old adage of ' never believe what you read in the papers' comes to mind so i wouldnt get too caught up in it dude, the best way to find out would be to email harley street with some pics and see what they come back with in terms of cost, number of grafts needed etc

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

prices range from the sublime to the ridiculous, in Ireland Hair Restoration Blackrock charges €10 per graft and thats FUT Strip, absolutely crazy, i guess when your clients are famous like James Nesbitt and Louis Walsh you can get away with that but its certainly not within the range of what the ordinary man on the street can afford.

In Wayne Rooneys case the accuracy of the media reportage in the UK has been very poor, from the knowledge shown about the procedure itself to the huge differences in prices being bandied about, its quite embarassing really.

I guess the old adage of ' never believe what you read in the papers' comes to mind so i wouldnt get too caught up in it dude, the best way to find out would be to email harley street with some pics and see what they come back with in terms of cost, number of grafts needed etc

And by reading the UK press about the procedure it's obvious they have no clue at all how the FUE procedure works.

I was having a procedure done by the same clinic, Harley street hair clinic and by the same surgeon as he had, they don't give a price per graft cost they give you an estimate on grafts and a price for roughly that amount, if they put more in on the day then you don't pay any extra, however there very.m conservative with numbers and rarely do above 2000 grafts a on total or above 1500 in one day!! The cost I was going to pay was ? 8500 for 1500 grafts, I'd imagine it would be closer to ?10000 now due to the increase in its popularity as I know a couple of years before that it would have been about ?6000 for the same procedure, I eventually went with dr Feriduni after cancelling with Harley street a couple of months before my op and am very glad I did!!! Nothing against Harley street hair clinic as they were very nice with me, even when I cancelled but they weren't as flexible as dr f in their approach and their consultation wasn't any where near as in depth or thorough!! They do however seem to produce the best results in the uk via fue, along with some good ones from dr reddy recently!!

Maybe his grafts were licked on by royal corgies, hence the inflated price.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

I was having a procedure done by the same clinic, Harley street hair clinic and by the same surgeon as he had, they don't give a price per graft cost they give you an estimate on grafts and a price for roughly that amount, if they put more in on the day then you don't pay any extra, however there very.m conservative with numbers and rarely do above 2000 grafts a on total or above 1500 in one day!! The cost I was going to pay was ? 8500 for 1500 grafts, I'd imagine it would be closer to ?10000 now due to the increase in its popularity as I know a couple of years before that it would have been about ?6000 for the same procedure, I eventually went with dr Feriduni after cancelling with Harley street a couple of months before my op and am very glad I did!!! Nothing against Harley street hair clinic as they were very nice with me, even when I cancelled but they weren't as flexible as dr f in their approach and their consultation wasn't any where near as in depth or thorough!! They do however seem to produce the best results in the uk via fue, along with some good ones from dr reddy recently!!

So it's not that amusing the prices in that clinic are so crazy.