My FUE With Dr. Rahal - 2121 FU's w/PICS

Fue123

Hi, Guys.

So i'm not almost 3 months out from my procedure with Dr. Rahal. I'll save the wordy thread for others as i'm sure most of you know all about the clinic, the guesthouse and probably don't care what I ate for breakfast or how nice people were to me ;)

So, let's cut to the chase. I'm 36 about NW3 and had looked into this when I was about 25-26 and first noticed some mild recession/maturation. At that time I freaked and jumped on proscar (1/4 tab) but since my thinning was limited to the temples and wasn't to keen on being medicated I stopped after about 1 year and simply resigned to accept it. I threw away all the potions and lotions like nizoral (I thought that actually made things worse for me) and when on about my life.

While there was some mild progression over the years my hair loss pretty much stabilized. The temples did progress just a bit at certain stages like say age 30 and then again around 35 but nothing major. My crown has some thinning which was a very very slow process and you'll see from pics not bad at all. Anyway, i'm not on any meds now either and am only using Rogaine foam 5% on the grafts and since i'm doing that I figured might as well through it on the crown too :)

Ok, so here goes: Pics attached... DIG IN and ENJOY :)

pre1.jpg.2a6e95522140595e11a324cca8e4271c.jpg

pre2.jpg.7bbb4dffa68c4a319c9f1fce05ce7045.jpg

pre3.jpg.43aaed5f311aa93e3eaaf803b94bf24a.jpg

postop.fewdays.jpg.b605d7a5631ae27b46d3c8cb05783a78.jpg

post.1week.jpg.a3b3b620cf73588f5c5719db6abd6f22.jpg

5b32d99ba3e7e_post.1week2.jpg.e436e15d54828cf1638538bc31589ac4.jpg

5b32d99bb57d2_post.1week3.jpg.3ad3ad77ef23df4413ccb5162af08738.jpg

post.1month.jpg.6f6923b0951f6381c274008944db8da3.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hairshopeing, thanks for the support!

MTL30, I think it came out to about 45/cm2 or so. I'm waiting on the clinic for all my numbers and will post accordingly. The cost I would prefer not to divulge publicly however i'm sure one of the reps can chime in. I believe the charge is $7/graft. My schedule was flexible and so I was able to get up there and fill a spot.

Hey Slickers, when you click on the photos they are named based on the time they were taken... so you may be looking at my one weeks... which still have the grafts in tact and yes it looks like growth but unfortunately it's not :(

Those all shed and the last one shows me at about one month... my 3 months I haven't updated yet. Will do so in about two weeks time as well as my donor.

Hey Slickers, when you click on the photos they are named based on the time they were taken... so you may be looking at my one weeks... which still have the grafts in tact and yes it looks like growth but unfortunately it's not :(

Those all shed and the last one shows me at about one month... my 3 months I haven't updated yet. Will do so in about two weeks time as well as my donor.

Lol, sorry fella. That's skim reading for you! Well, hopefully it's a pretty good indicator of where you'll end up. Looking forward to your (actual) 3 month pics then. :) I'm only 3 weeks behind you. This stage sucks it really does.

Yea I know, and yes hopefully that's what it will look like when all said and done. You're on my tail, huh? Nice, who'd you have your procedure with? Is there a thread for it? Info, info! :)

FUE-

Looks AWESOME buddy! I agree with what Slickers says; the buzz cut looks very good on you! Dr. Rahal definitely created an excellent hairline design for you. Looking really forward to watching it grow in and mature over the next year! It's going to definitely make a huge difference in the way you look and feel!

Congrats on your transplant!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I am suprise Rahal only used 45 graft per cm,I think you need minimum 55 to have good density

It sounds like FUE123 is still waiting for the numbers from Dr. Rahal. I would be surprised as well if Dr. Rahal used 45/cm^2 in the frontal 1/3, but it does vary for each patient, and some can still get a good "visual density" with amounts that low based on their hair characteristics. It looks like his hair is sort of wavy from the photos he posted with his hair long, so that may help a bit. My hair was put in at 50/cm^2 in the front, and it gave me appropriate coverage without being spread too thin. And, I have dark hair with a higher rate of scalp contrast than the average Joe......

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

The donor area looks really clean, Fue!! You have a pretty decent scar from before it looks like?! If I'm not being too nosy, what happened there? I have some similar scarring on the top of my head. I was attacked by a cat when I was a baby and it got seriously infected......hope your scar is from something a bit "cooler" than mine!! Good to have hair that can cover it up. :)

Damm I have similar hairloss has you and Rahal is my choice,lucky enought I only live 2 hours from Ottawa,The cost is still a problem for me, I think Rahal is 8$ per grafts anyway to expensive for me because i want 2000 grafts. 20 000$ for HT ... I Wonder how people get the monney.Anyway I will try one day to get a discount by filling in a cancelation.

Looks great so far Fue.....keep that soon to be new head of hair sober and away from the ice! ;)

Damm I have similar hairloss has you and Rahal is my choice,lucky enought I only live 2 hours from Ottawa,The cost is still a problem for me, I think Rahal is 8$ per grafts anyway to expensive for me because i want 2000 grafts. 20 000$ for HT ... I Wonder how people get the monney.Anyway I will try one day to get a discount by filling in a cancelation.

That's a great way to do it MTL. If you have a flexible schedule, you can save a lot of money by taking a cancellation. It's certainly worth it if time allows......

MTL-

I will check with Dr. Rahal's clinic to get a better idea for last minute pricing on replacement procedures. I think 40% is more than double what a standard clinic does for taking a last minute spot......but I'll find out more information and PM you with more details. All discounts help considerably.....and Dr. Rahal has a great travel incentive for anyone traveling from outside of Ottawa to have the procedure done.

I'll be in touch as soon as I know more.

Best,

Mike

MTL I think expecting 40% off is a bit unreasonable. They will work with you but I can't imagine any clinic discounting 40% off. What's your NW level? Maybe a better strategy would be to have rahal do your hairline and take care of the rest at a later date with some of the cheaper, albeit pretty good, FUE docs..

You need to grow your hair out a bit to gain a better perspective of your level. I think it's best you speak to the clinic to determine fees rather than speculating on cost and number of grafts.