6 months, what to expect

Boomer,

It's good to see you are using restorative treatments in addition to hair transplant surgery. While you'd normally expect to see a bit more growth for 6 months, remember that your results are only 40% matured at this point in time, and you still have 6 months to grow.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 months later...

holy shit! that literally maid me say wow outload, i was not expecting that much growth from you in 3 months, lucky guy im happy for you and it gives me some hope, ill be at month 6 in about 12 days and im also not seeing much growth, you maid my day with this thank you

Wolf , I actually drove to my mother's house to have her take them out. I don't trust too many people with that stuff haha. Id say that the scar was getting the least noticeable was around 6-8 months or so. The hair was long enough to cover the scar at around 4 months. Here is another picture that shows from the back as you requested

Dude that looks great! I was scared for ya after seeing your 6 months and thought all the "Just wait -your only half way there" -was just lip service. Guess I was wrong...

That also greatly inspires me cause I just hit 6months 2 days ago and although somewhat happy, I'm still needing toppik pretty regularly. Here's hopin!

Dude that looks great! I was scared for ya after seeing your 6 months and thought all the "Just wait -your only half way there" -was just lip service. Guess I was wrong...

That also greatly inspires me cause I just hit 6months 2 days ago and although somewhat happy, I'm still needing toppik pretty regularly. Here's hopin!

Hang in there man! You weren't the only one scared haha! I almost got to the point where I accepted that it wasn't going to be a success, but this board really helps you stay positive and it's nice to see that someone else has been in your situation

I think this case is going to be one of those patience-is-key examples that we throw around the forum at people who talk about progress at 4-5-6 months. Incredible change.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 2 weeks later...