Thinking of FUT(by DR True) - Need Advice!

Hello - I am considering doing a FUT procecdure. I had a consoltation with Dr. True. He advised me to do 1500 grafts. It does bother me most days, some days say "just go shave it all off" but I'm 28, don't want to let this hair go, but notice it's been getting dramatically worse these last few months.

For those who have done FUT, how is your scar? This is one thing I am concerned about, but I am not one that has sported a shaved back so I don't mind having my hairs a little longer in the back.

Also, have any of you regretted it? Or Have done a procedure by Dr. True?

With my photos, do you Consider 1500 a decent amount to cover up my crown area and receding line?

I am sure that I will keep losing this, but if I cover up some now, I bet I will have to do another procedure I bet.

IMG_20130705_111846_235.jpg.f47ab5f5227ea87c2a69c9a2c8f9a215.jpg

IMG_20130705_111944_351.jpg.dffc0f1dd1c131dd8a47fb7240e6808e.jpg

IMG_20130705_111850_766.jpg.7e6d2eb717255a833b0b2f28ecdde965.jpg

IMG_20130705_111957_333.jpg.6af944eebd3d7209c60e2b3ce37c9545.jpg

I had strip surgery with another surgeon and my scar stretched. I regret my procedure to no end. Alot of guys are lucky though and their scar remains thin but you have to know that it is not just up to the surgeons technique as your own physiology plays an important role in dictating whether you will get a thin scar or not. Sadly you won't know until it has fully healed. I think you may need a bit more than 1,500 grafts to fill in the crown and hairline though, but I could be wrong.

With my photos, do you Consider 1500 a decent amount to cover up my crown area and receding line?

I would think 1500 is going to help some, but hardly enough to make a major impact. It appears to me you need at least 1500 in both spots....so 750 in each spot is not going to make you happy for long. 1500 these days is a rather smallish procedure...but you are only 28 so you must use your donor hair wisely.

I have had two FUT surgeries and can honestly say the scars have been 100% total non-issues. Noboy can ever see them, even my hairdressers have trouble locating them when told to look for them.

I do not regret having my surgeries and hope to get one more in the next year. My advice would be if you are only getting 1500 grafts, place them in one trouble spot and deal with the 2nd trouble spot later.

BTW....you could get a lot of coverage in your crown by using Nanogen concealer...but be advised once you use it you will be hooked because it will work so good. You're balding crown will disappear.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/ST-112/Nanogen-Nanofibres/

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Yes, I had a feeling 1500 was a little low, and I rather get more in now, they have it look so-so, and have to go back again.

I guess it is just a risk going with the FUT. It is a $ issue, as the 1500 is costing roughly $7,000 compared to $13,000.

Also, Propecia may have to be used to 'keep my hair" what is left, and the negative affects I hear from it dissapoint me.

Are any of you guys on it?.Have used Propecia?

I guess it's to shave/or to pay the big bucks and cross your fingers? Kind of upsetting.

I am going have My HT in September in Istanbul with a great FUE doctor. I do not the idea of having a scar, reason why I am going FUE. Do your research. Here you will find very good information. Mickey85 created an amazing thread where he presents the pos ans cons FUExFUT. Check it out!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Just search my threads on here for a detailed history of great FUE in Istanbul that I've had. Others on here have also used the same team of surgeons after being impressed with my results.

I see no sense in paying twice the price for FUT.

If you need any advice, just send me a message, I'll be glad to help.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Dr. True is a great doctor and shows consistent great results. That is exactly what you should look for, consistency! Do your homework. There are lots of comments on FUE doctors here if you decide to follow this route. If you decide to have your procedure in Turkey, you have to double your research. I have met, before making my decision, 3 doctors in Belgium and 2 in Turkey. I speak other languages, so since Turkish doctors are not so "famous" in the U.S., it helped me a lot to see the doctors (and results) most known in Germany, Italy, Spain, France....This Forum is a fenomenal tool. Use it! The "search" key is very helpful. Do not forget, having a feedback from your surgeon is very important. Feel free to ask me any questions if you need. Good luck!

Edited by Denny

Hey Mickey, I don't know if you've mentioned it before, but aside from the unfavorable scar, how was the actual cosmetic result of your transplant? Scar notwithstanding, how do you feel about the recipient area?

Hey Mickey, I don't know if you've mentioned it before, but aside from the unfavorable scar, how was the actual cosmetic result of your transplant? Scar notwithstanding, how do you feel about the recipient area?

scar withstanding the recipient result was absolutely shocking. Worst of all, healthy and native hair was killed and I now have a little spot with absolutely ZERO hair out of it. The yield in general was abysmal in most other areas and average in others. The whole thing was a disaster.

I am sorry for you Mickey. I am sure you will correct this soon. And I will be there to see it! ;-)

Thank you Denny, very much appreciated. Thank you for all your support and commitment in helping to bring Dr Erdogan to this forum :)

I am very glad to have the opportunity to help more people! This Forum is an amazing tool to all of us! Hope to have good news soon!

Most prices here you see FUE being more expensive. Also, more likely you will need to get a re do on the transplant over FUT (from what I've read).

I hear there are many risks in going overseas.

Hello,

Is he still out of chicago suburbs? I had my strip procedure with him about 12 years, around same age and NW scale. I have regretted getting strip, my scar has not stretched but it is visible when I cut my hair short. Due to hair lose progression, I have to go with buzz cut #3 and scar is still visible, but I rather have visible scar then comb over look. I recommended embracing your baldness and keeping your hair short. If you are serious about getting the transplant then go with FUE. I am planning to get my procedure with Dr. Bhatti and everyone on this forum and on internet have given him A++ rating.

Again stay away from strip, doesn't matter how good the doc is, you will lose the option of cutting your hair super short!

• 2 weeks later...