Dr Shahmalak 2500 grafts -Norwood 3v- 6 months

Shiner

Got the procedure done in the UK. 2500 grafts. 1200 to the crown. 600 to each temple. Apparently density implanted was 50 FU/cm. I have included a fair set of photos

Opinions welcome on

1 overall result for number of grafts

2 hairline

Any questions about the procedure or clinic, feel free to PM me.

Edited by Shiner

It was Mr Shahmalak at Crown Cosma Clinic. I will take some pics from further away

I don't know if the front could thicken up from here or whether I will need another procedure?

Too early to say if you will 'need' further work. Your final result will be 12 months or possibly 18 months after surgery.

I think it looks ok so far. I know this doctor did Dr Christian Jessen's hair. I was not particularly blown away by his result but it was ok.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The crown is going well I think. The main reason i'm considering a further op is to revise the scar and strengthen up the hair line on the right and in the middle.

The doctor did advise me that I had an excellent donor supply- 30,000 grafts. I had thought that people only had 10,000 max?

Looks pretty good. Got a lot of time to grow.

Scar is way less than optimal at that point.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The doctor did advise me that I had an excellent donor supply- 30,000 grafts.

That statement is quite concerning to me, I don't believe there is a person on this planet with 30,000 grafts available for transplantation.

• 1 month later...

I see a couple of 2's. It is hard to judge the density when it is pulled back like that, but your crown good. BTW, nobody has 30,000 donor grafts available unless you included leg, chest, and beard hair in that estimate.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have moved my pictures. They will soon be on a new thread as I hopefully sort the next stage of the journey.

For those UK patients wondering about going to Mr Shahmalak

Positives:

1 The team are all nice and the clinic is modern and discreet

2 Availability of surgery was within two weeks of my initial appointment which was great for me (could also be taken as a negative and red flag obviously)

3 Decent result overall. It's not perfect but I am still thankful to the team for a good job and it has kept me going without using too many grafts

Negatives

1 2500 grafts cost me just under seven thousand pounds which is higher than for the USA/Canada. You have to balance this against the cost and inconvenience of travelling abroad

2 Main weakness is the hairline which I now have to get sorted. I can't style it because the hairline is weak and contains multiple 2's. The scar is good in the most part but one side needs revision for sure

3 As mentioned in the rest of the thread, discussion of available grafts went into uncertain ground.

For those people considering getting a transplant done by anyone

I no longer need to use multiple products or toppik etc to hide thinning.

I no longer worry about wind or rain.

I no longer get up before my girlfriend to sort my hair out

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS. Hence I must be thankful to the clinic for their work

Overall, I would openly admit that I did no research before getting it done. Like many, I suddenly noticed a problem and rushed to fix it. I went to the "celebrity surgeon" after a quick google.

If you're in the UK and it's feasible for you to go to the USA/Canada then that's your best plan.

If you can't go abroad and have to get it done in the UK, you're less likely to get a Rahal/Wong/Feller 'wow" type result so don't bother looking at the pictures on this site as they will only depress you (or inspire you for the future). But based on my experience you can get a transplant which will make a decent difference to your current situation.

Edited by Shiner

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...