Free scar revision or smp?

I was just wondering if any clinics out there offered free scar revision or smp to their patients if their scars stretched? And if not, why not?

We all know there are so many variables as to why a scar can stretch, however should clinics not offer this in case the worse were to happen? After all a patient can end up paying vast amounts of money at any one clinic for a procedure. And it seems a little unfair to me that if a scar stretched (not the patients fault), the patient has to shed out more hard earned cash.

This is just my opinion, would be great to hear other members thoughts on this and even better if clinics did offer this?

IMO, scar revision via strip is a big risk and it doesn't work out well most of the time plus it doesnt deserve all of this suffering of slicing your head. If you are talking about scar revision via FUE grafts into it then I would say its the best choice but the negative thing about it is the price, cost and unpredictable yield rate.

My advice is that if you are not thinking of shaving your head these days then just do temporary SMP till the day you feel like going to shave your head to battle the extensive hair loss. By that time you can FUE grafts into it but could not guarantee the yield of them as its a scar tissue. Beard hair is better and stronger for scar tissue than normal scalp hair as they are robust and strong.

If you are thinking of some SMP then go to Dr. Erdogan in Istanbul, he has the same temporary ink that Milena Lardi is using and his nurse trained by her. I had mine there and very happy with the outcome, if one day I have sufficient finance then I may do Beard FUE into my scar using manual FUE. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

HARIRI, may it be via strip, fue or smp. I understand it is expensive but do you not think clinics should offer this for free, to their patients if they have had a negative outcome in regards to a stretched scar? A repair case?

I am not looking to have this done as i am looking into FUE alone, but would like to know if any patients have received this? Why should a patient have to spend more money on a stretched scar? Should a clinic not provide this for free if they provide these services?

Nah I don't think they will offer you a free FUE into scar. They usually do free revision via strip which I believe the most risky especially if you got stretch back in the start. I was scheduled with Feriduni for a revision via strip but hearing advices from many FUE docs like Bisanga, Erdogan, Lorenzo and Maras made me change my mind and call it off.

Also temporary SMP with Dr. Erdogan made me forget about my scar for the mean time but for sure one day I'm going to FUE some beard grafts into it as a permanent solution.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

And it seems a little unfair to me that if a scar stretched (not the patients fault), the patient has to shed out more hard earned cash.

ha...

You bought strip.

You are sold the line that FUE is unreliable and that strip scars should be 'pencil thin' if done by 'good hands'.

Finally, after all the emotional investment, you are told at a minute to midnight, that there are no guarantees with strip scars, because everyone is unique. Then the onus is on you. You lifted weights? You moved your neck in your sleep too much? You swam? It's all your problem..

I am being boorish and blunt, OK, and strip surgeries have given me some really robust growth over the journey, but as for revisions, it is a big gamble. I wouldn't write them off period, but start planning for a contingency and don't let them stretch the length of your scar too much.

ha...

You bought strip.

You are sold the line that FUE is unreliable and that strip scars should be 'pencil thin' if done by 'good hands'.

Finally, after all the emotional investment, you are told at a minute to midnight, that there are no guarantees with strip scars, because everyone is unique. Then the onus is on you. You lifted weights? You moved your neck in your sleep too much? You swam? It's all your problem..

I am being boorish and blunt, OK, and strip surgeries have given me some really robust growth over the journey, but as for revisions, it is a big gamble. I wouldn't write them off period, but start planning for a contingency and don't let them stretch the length of your scar too much.

Truer words never said. Totally agree...

Revisions are a big gamble. If I got hacked by a doctor that I didn't trust, sure, I would go to a Konior, Shapiro, or Wong to get it revised after doing proper exercises. If one of these doctors gave you a scar that stretched, chances are it is your physiology and the next scar wont be much better. An exception to this would be if most of the scar looked great except for a small spot.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

ha...

You bought strip.

No he didn't. He hasn't even had a transplant and is just asking a hypothetical question as he states.

Just wanting to know if FUT clinics who offer these will give them to their patients if the worse were to happen for free!

Don't count on it. Clinics are under no pressure to provide free revisions because patients have not made it a condition of patronage. Furthermore, this would introduce a moral hazard. Patients with unrealistic expectations would come crying if they saw the least bit of scar tissue. Surgeons would spend half their time revising scars and the other half defending against law suits.

No he didn't. He hasn't even had a transplant and is just asking a hypothetical question as he states.

Scar didnt mean 'you' as in James84. He meant 'you' in a general sense.

I think if you are going to a go strip you should go to a doctor that you trust. They are not going to give a promise as a "poor scar" is subjective as stated above.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Scar didnt mean 'you' as in James84. He meant 'you' in a general sense.

Really?

"I wouldn't write them off period, but start planning for a contingency and don't let them stretch the length of your scar too much."

Really?

"I wouldn't write them off period, but start planning for a contingency and don't let them stretch the length of your scar too much."

I interpreted it as a general statement.

Just wanting to know if FUT clinics who offer these will give them to their patients if the worse were to happen for free!

I would imagine it is impossible for reasons already mentioned. There is no black or white when it comes to a poor scar. One mans poor scar is another mans successful scar etc.

I think clinics would go out of business quick enough if they were to do this. Clinics couldn't possibly leave it to the discretion of the patient on whether it is poor or not. There would be too many patients who, even though deep down are relatively happy with the scar, would return to try and perfect it when there isn't any need.

And if a patient came back 12 months later with a poor scar, what is to say that their post-op behaviour was not conducive to a good result? The could come back saying they stuck to the instructions, but in reality they may have been back lifting weights after 1 month. There is no proof.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thank you for your opinions on this, the reason i ask is i talk to quite a few people who need scar revision or who are unhappy with their scar. I agree this can be quite subjective however in my opinion if the patient receives a truly poor outcome in regards to a stretched scar, the clinic should stand by them at no extra cost and i am sure some do.