Back Street Boy posts his HT pics

Spanker

This may be old news, but I missed it. Pretty cool of him.

Back Street Boy Posts HT Photos to Twitter

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I thought the strip looked pretty low too.

He said Dr. "G", that could be a Drs. first or last initial so it really doesn't narrow it down much.

The pt seems to be proud of it so I imagine that it looks good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Interesting. I am always astonished as to why more celebrities don't get hair transplants.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

i think maybe because ht are not good for long term for most people

What do you mean?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I think instead of most people, the more accurate statement is that they don't hold up well for younger guys that don't take or do not respond to meds.

8 years post op

10 years post op

7 years post op

12 years - 3 surgeries

15 years post op, 3 sessions

There are plenty more and hopefully this sets your mind at ease some. Not everyone is destined to be a NW7 and I think that the links provided shows that a long term hair plant can allow someone to be happy most of their life if the choose a good doctor and are good candidates.

I personally think a person in their early 40's or younger and a NW3 or less and are NOT on meds do not make great candidates. That is just my formula for future loss and is not scientific at all.

Aside from this category, I think that transplants work great long term. I encourage you to do a search of photos posted years out. It may change your mind and it may not, but I think saying they are not god for MOST people is just not accurate. Not good for SOME people is a much better way to put it, I think.

View Spanker's Website

Nick,

I think FAR more celebrities get them than you'd think ; )

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Interesting. I am always astonished as to why more celebrities don't get hair transplants.

I think the only ht's people notice today are only the bad ones, most famous people will never admit to having anything done nor should they have too.

But I reckon there are loads out there that fly under the radar because the work they had done was undetectable.

I bet spex and jotronic have met a few over the yrs :cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I wouldnt agree with this. By no means will everyone progress to the top norwood level. Just look around on the street and you see plenty of people middleaged with isolated loss either at the hairline or crown.

A good HT or 2 would sort these people right out. I will agree that young people with agressive loss need to be most careful when planning a HT as it could look odd if they contiunued to lose hair un attaching the transplanted area.

Any ideas who performed his surgery yet?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Important to remember that total donor supply is critical. I am a NW 6 but since I have about 11k grafts available, that puts me in the catagory of a good (not great) canidate. I always say if your a NW 6 and have a total supply of 6-7k or less, dont do it unless you are totally fine with an empty large crown.

My donor supply and the fact that I yield well and heal a 1mm scar has worked in my favor.

This HT thing is so specific to the individual....

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I think instead of most people, the more accurate statement is that they don't hold up well for younger guys that don't take or do not respond to meds.

8 years post op

10 years post op

7 years post op

12 years - 3 surgeries

15 years post op, 3 sessions

There are plenty more and hopefully this sets your mind at ease some. Not everyone is destined to be a NW7 and I think that the links provided shows that a long term hair plant can allow someone to be happy most of their life if the choose a good doctor and are good candidates.

I personally think a person in their early 40's or younger and a NW3 or less and are NOT on meds do not make great candidates. That is just my formula for future loss and is not scientific at all.

Aside from this category, I think that transplants work great long term. I encourage you to do a search of photos posted years out. It may change your mind and it may not, but I think saying they are not god for MOST people is just not accurate. Not good for SOME people is a much better way to put it, I think.

Great post Spanker. Thanks

Important to remember that total donor supply is critical. I am a NW 6 but since I have about 11k grafts available, that puts me in the catagory of a good (not great) canidate. I always say if your a NW 6 and have a total supply of 6-7k or less, dont do it unless you are totally fine with an empty large crown.

My donor supply and the fact that I yield well and heal a 1mm scar has worked in my favor.

This HT thing is so specific to the individual..

Cant decide: This makes sense. So really "total donor supply" should be one of the main questions in any serious consultation. Im a NW 3 but looks like Ill progress to NW 5 in next years. Did 2 consultations and didnt hear anything from either Doc about TOTAL supply. Gonna make sure I get this check next time. Thanks.

Great post Spanker. Thanks

Cant decide: This makes sense. So really "total donor supply" should be one of the main questions in any serious consultation. Im a NW 3 but looks like Ill progress to NW 5 in next years. Did 2 consultations and didnt hear anything from either Doc about TOTAL supply. Gonna make sure I get this check next time. Thanks.

Right. I think way too often, total approx. donor supply is not estimated during the initial consult. This is so critical to overall lifelong planning.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I guess you guys are right, plus with the whole BHT now even people like me with little donor hair can get a better result, I only have 5k available and will progress to a nw6 , for where my hairline is (high) I think I'll need 7-8k grafts for ok coverage , so ill have to take 3k from my beard and put it in the crown, I'm thankful bht exists

I guess you guys are right, plus with the whole BHT now even people like me with little donor hair can get a better result, I only have 5k available and will progress to a nw6 , for where my hairline is (high) I think I'll need 7-8k grafts for ok coverage , so ill have to take 3k from my beard and put it in the crown, I'm thankful bht exists

Are saying you have 5000 total or is that how many you have left after your first procedure? How many did you get during your first procedure?

Plus remember, hair to graft ratio is so critical as well which many do not talk enough about on here. For example if someone is 2.0 hairs per graft average and another person's is 2.3, the 2.3 guy yields 15% more hair for the same amount of grafts. Put another way, if the 2.0 guy gets 3500 grafts, that is like the 2.3 guy getting 4000 grafts.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I agree with those who say meds are a must for young men seeking transplantation. I think the reason more people do not get this done is simply skepticism, there's a prevailing attitude that "nothing can be done", and that stops men from trying finasteride and HT's.

I have always wanted to see Jude Law get a HT. He was always in to top most beautiful people list until he lost a lot of hair. A nice conservative hairline and that dude would look great again.

Agreed Greatjob. I think he would look better with an improved hairline.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I think instead of most people, the more accurate statement is that they don't hold up well for younger guys that don't take or do not respond to meds...

I agree with those who say meds are a must for young men seeking transplantation.

Are we saying that in general a person who is NW5/6, without much (quality) native hair to speak of left, is a lost cause then? Even if donor was pretty good? In the scenario that they could not/ would not take finasteride for the rest of their life?

I always say if your a NW 6 and have a total supply of 6-7k or less, dont do it unless you are totally fine with an empty large crown.

See, this is why I need to have an in person consult. I would really like to know (an approximation) of my total donor supply and hair to graft ratio beforehand.