1763 FUE - Dr. Maras @ HDC Clinic, Cyprus

Dan5249

Sorry guys I was away for two weeks.

Quick update: I am just a few days past my 1 month mark.

I would say that about 85-90% of the transplanted hairs have shed. I had about a week that a lot of the hairs shed all of the sudden, but now I maybe see 1-2 hairs shed every time I shower. I also see like small parts of hairs like piece of black hair but too short to be a whole transplanted hair, not sure what these are.

Most of the hairs that have not shed have not grown either, so I assume that they will also shed at some point.

I have been having some serious shock loss behind the recipient area that has yet to settle or slow down. I plan on starting Rogaine in the next few days (once a day) and see how that goes.

My hair is a mess I just got off a longgg few flights, but...

Heres a quick picture, will post more tomorrow:

PgHKhjq.jpg?1

Ugly duckling phase: begin.

Normal!! Pink and pretty hairless!!! All good mate, it's part of the long process!!

Thanks for the reassurance. I would say about 5-10% of the implanted hairs are still there, some are not growing and some seem to have grown since the implant.

Kind of hard to cover up properly, have already had some people point out that my forehead is pink, and someone even saw the stubby hairs on my forehead and attributed it to a bad haircut? ;)

Hopefully soon either the rest will shed or more will grow. Ugly duckling in full force :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Just about on the 1 1/2 Month mark. Not much has changed since the 1 month, the shock loss in recipient area has calmed a bit. The transplanted hairs that were growing continues to grow, and now I have a few single hairs just sticking out on my new hairline.

Overall, I experienced quiet a bit of shock loss in recipient area and am now in a very ugly ducking phase. Will have better pictures on the 2 month update.

Comments?

hof6FLy.jpg

DzhgMmm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Sorry have been very busy with work lately!

I am 2 months + 1 week post op. Have been seeing the same growth as mentioned before, not sure if it has improved or the hairs just got longer and gave the illusion that theres more hair. Either way, waiting a few more weeks to start seeing the serious growth begin. Time flies!!!

Sorry for the crappy pictures. No camera.

M8Dwzfa.jpg

XHXawXy.jpg

05cetdG.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry for the delay I have been SUPER busy with work.

I am now just about 4 months in with some nice growth going on, if this is really 25% as it's supposed to be at 4 months, I should be expecting some amazing results.

Feedback?

2hhh9v7.png

35n55jp.png

10eltlg.png

Edited by Dan5249

Thanks for those pictures!!! Your 2 month picture looks just like me at 2 months so I'm very hopeful that my 4 month mark will look similar.

If your 2 months looks like mine AND we have the same name; I don't see any reason why it shouldnt ;)

Quick tip, try to forget about it and not occupy yourself all day with it! The first month didnt move, bu I swear, I feel like I got my transplant 2 weeks ago and its been 4 months! Time flies.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing your results, hope you had all transplanted hair grown. I have booked my FUE HT With DR. Maras on the basis of results seen on this forum and after visiting their clinic and meeting Dr. Maras personally. He has suggested me 3000 grafts. I want to open a thread for my experience with HDC Cyprus. I also chooses this clinic as I have moved to Cyprus temporary and the location is convenient for my HT.

thanks again for everyone's efforts.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys-- It's been a long time since I posted here, I apologize. However I heard that my lack of response might have sparked some negative ideas so I thought I would drop a line in this thread.

As you can all see my growth was going great, however, with the great growth I continued to recede behind the line of which the transplant was done and therfore 2 years into it, with a great hair line that Dr. Maras made me, the overall look of my hair was not very good and therefore I stopped posting.

I must say that the growth from this specific operation was great and I was so happy with the results that I returned two weeks ago to do a second operation at HDC, an addtional 1000 grafts were placed behind my hairline. I will keep everyone posted with the final results.

Good luck with your second session, to transplant further loss behind your hairline. Maras' work on you was looking great. If you can tolerate taking finasteride again, this would be a good time to start.

Please give us photo updates as you go along!

• 3 weeks later...

Please keep us posted, i am looking into Dr. Maras. He may be the only one i consider to fue into my scar and close my temples. i plan on losing a lot more native hair so i am trying to go super conservative for as long as i can. My plan is to be able to shave my head closer to a 1 grade so i can do "more with less" as my crown is fading....

You only live once...

• 2 years later...